Aku's bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Aku's bag

Postby JR » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:39 pm

Akuf wrote:I can throw midranges 90-100m, eagles (175g) 110m, pds 120m on max distance on flat ground.

Having discs that reach 10 m intervals on max power is incredibly important for range control. Pick a correct disc and you aren't gonna overthrow beyond easy putting distance. Say you have a 115 m flat ground hole no wind. You can't use mids and it is in the middle of max D for Eagle 175 and PDs. You have 5m distance deficit with the Eagle with your best shot and have a good margin of error with the PD so it's a no brainer to pick the PD. If another hole is 107 m you need to have a perfect mid shot and are 7 m short so not a 100 % shot. With a PD you can blow by 13 m so not an easy putt. If you use less than full power with the PD it will fade more. If you use a 175 Eagle it will fade too but a 166 will be way straighter. 175 Eagle can go 3 m long and failing to produce full power gives you a nice margin of error when say 5 m is your 99 % make rate range so you have a 102-110 m range that you can hit. 102 m Eagle 175 is in controllable power range. Not needing to grit your teeth helps in raising repeatability in the throws and helps in accuracy as well.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Akuf » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:36 pm

Just got my kc pro aviars. Will start putting with them and also changing rhyno to two aviars for approaches.
Akuf
Noob

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby Akuf » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:44 am

So I changed my bag a bit. Not going to update the first post so people can see how the bag has changed.

Drivers:
Ch destroyer - distance hyzer flips or distance turnovers
Ch destroyer - really really stable, head wind or special shots, sidearm
Star destroyer - flies straight, used for most of my distance shots - 120-150m

C-Pd - shorter drives than ds, overstable 90-120m
S-pd - beat up, anhyzers or hyzer flips
S-pd 1x heinonen - understable, shorter turnovers

C-line td - long flex shots 90-110m
S-td - beatup, flies farther than c line, long turnovers ( bigger turnovers than the pd)

P-Pd2 - distance hyzers, headwind

Star Eagle - (Put this one back to my bag for testing if I need it for something)

Star Valkyrie - really beat up, for rollers

Midranges

Glow Roc - Straight shots
P-line md2 - turnover shots (this will be removed after I get beat up roc)
Dx gator - headwind/hyzers

Approach

R-pro pig - hyzers
Kc Pro aviar - straight
D-p1 - turnovers (will remove this once I get 1 really beat up kc pro aviar)

Putters

2x Kc pro aviar

Changed s-line md2's and midari away because md2's flew well but wasn't something I was looking for. Midari was supposed to be the more overstable one but disappointed me. Gator should fix this one ;)
Akuf
Noob

Postby Akuf » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:17 pm

Well was throwing with my friend and he managed to throw my gator to water :D He offered to pay for it, but I will propably just buy roc over it. Didn't really see much the gator could do against new roc. Maybe little more hyzer angle and its the same thing.
Akuf
Noob

Postby JR » Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:55 pm

No way! Rocs in winds are way different and don't have safety margin against thrower error. Gator spike hyzers worlds better. Gator forehands better. Many discs fly straight, but what do you do, when the shot calls for straight then left finish with a Roc? Especially if there is a low ceiling that makes hyzering a Roc even more difficult/impossible.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Akuf » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:14 am

So some changes and I hope this bag stays the same for next year :D

Distance drivers

Star destroyer - flies straight, used for most of my distance shots - 120-140m
Star Boss - Maximum distance
P-PD2 - main distance hyzer disc

Control/fairway drivers

3x S-line PD Anything from flippy to straight
2x C-line PD straight to stable

C-line td - long flex shots 90-110m
S-td - beatup, flies farther than c line, long turnovers

Special drivers

Star valkyrie - for rollers
Ch valkyrie - testing this for low power shots and turnovers etc
Ch destroyer - really overstable, special shots
Ch destroyer - It has hard to control this and still too stable for good rollers (it has mold failure in rim)

Midranges

6x Rocs - All kind of shots
P-line md2 - turnover shots (will be removed)

Approach

R-pro pig - hyzers/special shots
Kc Pro aviar - little turnover
Kc Pro aviar - little hyzers/straight
D-p1 - turnovers (will be removed)

Putters

2x Kc pro aviar
Akuf
Noob

Postby JR » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:42 am

As long as you are good enough at power control, you may be able to do without speed 6-7 drivers with your power, because speed 9 stuff is pretty controllable for your skill and power level. But you never know, when you need to flex a disc on low lines or have them hold an anny better than even Valks. On longer shots, than Rocs can provide, especially on low lines. With that said Valk and PD are pretty controllable at less than full power and versatile.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Previous

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion