Chains Disc Golf Documentary Fundraiser!!!

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Chains Disc Golf Documentary Fundraiser!!!

Postby veganray » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:30 pm

Not so fast, mzuleger. While I think the producers' proposed use of $30k to purchase use licenses for background music & video clips is extremely unwise, maybe Mr. Hastings & the "Chains" brass have a marketing strategy to get the eyes of folks outside of the "disc golf community" onto this film. If this is the case, a mind-blowing production could potentially draw new folks (and new $$) to the game. If such a strategy exists, I'd sure like to hear some of the ideas that comprise it.
Last edited by veganray on Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ryen91 wrote:I am pretty sure I am more intelligent then you think and have allot more knowledge then your post might suggest.

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: DX Gremlin

Postby mzuleger » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:32 pm

... and that's all I'm saying. If you expect people to donate then you can at least tell them how it will benefit them instead of just asking them to absorb your business expenses.
mzuleger
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: I have issues.

Postby Johnny Walker Red » Tue Nov 22, 2011 10:29 pm

mzuleger wrote:... and that's all I'm saying. If you expect people to donate then you can at least tell them how it will benefit them instead of just asking them to absorb your business expenses.

People with enough charisma and talent need not go into detail about such things, you believe it because you have faith in their vision, if they articulate it well enough you are on board. Faith in talent and ambition is underrated in such a poor economy, in such a poor sport. Maybe a leap of faith from some of us is what these projects and attempts to make our sport grow needs.... maybe some of you guys are poorly communicating that we need more charisma and talent to make people believe it. :twisted:
Johnny Walker Red
Noob

Favorite Disc: NUKE

Postby jsun3thousand » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:16 am

charisma and talent is what economics 101 is all about. i like this new guy. business model? fuck that noise, i want a charisma and talent model.
Scooot_er wrote:And disc golfers aren't always the smartest bunch.
jsun3thousand
wants to be the president of the don zimmer memorial charity foundation of america inc

Favorite Disc: #63

Previous

Return to General Discussion