Cmroorda's bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Cmroorda's bag

Postby cmroorda » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:33 pm

I feel like my bag is pretty solid, but feel free to pick it apart. Any suggestions for changes are welcome.

Distance drivers: 2-172 Z Nukes(1 new, 1 seasoned) 2-170 ESP Nukes(1 new, 1 flippy)

OS driver: 174 z Predator

Fairways: 170 z XL(straight) , 171 esp XL(s shot), 170 x XL(flippy)

Mids: 174 x comet, 178 z comet, 172 z buzz, 176 flx drone

Putters: 2-174 med ions, 2-171 soft ions, 174 esp zone

Utilities: 172 z predator(thumbers), 168 esp avenger ss (roller)
The 3-R's of improvement: Repetition, Repetition, Repetition!
cmroorda
Noob

Favorite Disc: Z Comet

Re: Cmroorda's bag

Postby keltik » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:50 pm

Since you seem to like discraft so good, check out an Avenger. It should fill the gap between the xl and nuke. Try the x model first.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby cmroorda » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:56 pm

Could you please explain or clarify your thought on "the gap between my XL and Nuke"?

And yes i do like my discraft. Most consistent manufacturer from run to run, imo.
cmroorda
Noob

Postby Drew » Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:02 pm

just seems like the nuke is way longer than an xl even if you dont throw them much further they have far greater distance potential than the xl that is a classic fairway driver with a slower speed
http://www.lionsgatekennels.com

Youtube sight for the Ultimate Disc Golf Show. Full website under construction featuring: interviews, tournament videos, instructional videos, discs for sale.
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=UDGS
Drew
Tree Magnet

Postby cmroorda » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:27 pm

I use my XLs for shots around the 300' to 350' range. Anything longer then that i'm throwing one of my nukes. I can push my nukes out to about 425' to 450'. Feel like i can power down on the nuke if necessary. Also it would depend on the hole layout on what kind of shot i throw. I guess i just don't feel like there is much of a gap there. Should there be a bigger gap in distance of the XL and nuke? Maybe i just need to get some video on here and work on my form. Lol.
cmroorda
Noob

Postby kern9787 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:09 am

cmroorda wrote:I use my XLs for shots around the 300' to 350' range. Anything longer then that i'm throwing one of my nukes. I can push my nukes out to about 425' to 450'. Feel like i can power down on the nuke if necessary. Also it would depend on the hole layout on what kind of shot i throw. I guess i just don't feel like there is much of a gap there. Should there be a bigger gap in distance of the XL and nuke? Maybe i just need to get some video on here and work on my form. Lol.

That's a huge gap in distance between two discs and, imo, would definitely warrant another driver in between.

My biggest concern though is that if you are pushing 450, even with a nuke, I feel like you should be pushing mids out to 300' - 350' rather than a fairway driver (which should be flirting with 400').
P2 - Fuse - ROCS!!! - QJLS - QPLS - QOLS - PD - Predator - Quasar
kern9787
Fairway Surgeon

Postby cmroorda » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:38 am

Thanks for the advice. After some thought, that is a pretty big gap. Probably going to add a flash or surge back to the bag, now. Anyone got any other suggestions from any of the other manufacturers?
cmroorda
Noob

Re: Re: Cmroorda's bag

Postby kern9787 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:52 am

cmroorda wrote:Thanks for the advice. After some thought, that is a pretty big gap. Probably going to add a flash or surge back to the bag, now. Anyone got any other suggestions from any of the other manufacturers?

Two of the most reliable drivers in that area are the discmania pd or the millennium Orion lf. Both are approximately innova speed 10 and are stable without being really overstable, so they want overlap with your predator.

I think a surge would be too similar to your nuke to get much benefit. Can't speak for the flash, never thrown one.
Last edited by kern9787 on Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
P2 - Fuse - ROCS!!! - QJLS - QPLS - QOLS - PD - Predator - Quasar
kern9787
Fairway Surgeon

Postby keltik » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:05 am

I still stand by my X Avenger recommendation. It's very similar to the OLF and PD. You may want to try a Striker from Lat64°. Or you could trash a Predator.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby cmroorda » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:58 am

I like the idea of trashing a predator. Got one z predator thats like 10 years old, but still stable into headwinds. And my other z predator is still new. Think i may have to pick up an esp or x version to get beat in a bit faster.
cmroorda
Noob

Postby money 21 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:03 pm

i think a surge level disc would fit well in your bag. you might not use your nukes anymore.
Summit, money, vp, flying squirrel, ibex, obex, sharp shooter #2, trak, ascent, seacert weapon, vulture, unlace, lace, olace, solace, Prometheus
i have seen monkey sh!t fights at the zoo more orginized then this.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Z XS

Postby sunspot » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:26 pm

I use my XLs for shots around the 300' to 350' range. Anything longer then that i'm throwing one of my nukes. I can push my nukes out to about 425' to 450'. Feel like i can power down on the nuke if necessary. Also it would depend on the hole layout on what kind of shot i throw. I guess i just don't feel like there is much of a gap there. Should there be a bigger gap in distance of the XL and nuke? Maybe i just need to get some video on here and work on my form. Lol.

I have a similar setup and use the XL in the same range. I think you would benefit by adding an Olf/PD/Avenger to fill in the gap between 350-400 ft. Out of the three listed I like the Avenger. You can get a X that will become great at line shaping once it wears a little bit. You can get a beefy Z Avenger that fill the role of the Pred for your OS needs. You can cover alot of shots with the Avenger in different plastics.
sunspot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Trash Lid

Postby cmroorda » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:04 pm

Ok so after a couple of winter rounds, I have made a couple of small changes to my bag.

Distance drivers: 2-172 Z Nukes(1 new, 1 seasoned) 2-170 ESP Nukes(1 new, 1 flippy)

OS driver: 174 z Predator, 172 ESP Predator [b](beat up & flippy)

Fairways: 170 z XL(straight) , 171 esp XL(s shot), 170 x XL(flippy)

Mids: 176 esp meteor, 178 z comet, 172 z buzz, 176 flx drone

Putters: 2-174 med ions, 2-171 soft ions, 174 esp zone

Utilities: 172 z predator(thumbers), 168 esp avenger ss (roller)

New Additions (for testing): 172 D Zone (putting), 2- 170 esp Surges

I added the beat up predator & surges to try to fill the hole between my XLs and Nukes. Replaced my x Comet with the esp Meteor because it is longer. The d zone has a nice feel and stability for my putter tastes. Still like the ions though.
cmroorda
Noob

Postby cmroorda » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:17 pm

Ok, i have made some more changes. First ions are out, warlocks are back in. I just putt better with them. Putters are always changing. Thinking about some experimentation here. Open to suggestions.

Second, esp predator has been a very sweet addition. Kinda been a workhorse for me the last couple of rounds.

Third, Trying an esp avenger out, along with an esp and z force.

XLs and nukes are probably set for the season, as well as my mids. That's it for now.
cmroorda
Noob

Postby JeCroisQue » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:29 pm

If you don't like the esp avenger, try out the X. I have a Z, D, and an X and I like the X the best. The z is pretty solid the most overstable for me, the D is flippy for me as it is pretty beat. I like all of them and use them often, but the X is the workhorse for me, consistent flight pattern, good feel in my hand, deadly straight with a reliable fade at the end.
JeCroisQue
Noob

Favorite Disc: Roc

Next

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion