Finnish in your face

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Finnish in your face

Postby Apothecary » Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:27 am

right.

we elected a black communist and got bush III.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
Apothecary
Freaky Jesus
User avatar
 
Posts: 1554
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:35 am
Favorite Disc: Ion/Comet

Re: Finnish in your face

Postby jubuttib » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:48 pm

Elections only work when one or more of the options are what you want. If none of the candidates are what I'm looking for, how does voting any of them help?
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word
User avatar
 
Posts: 5447
Joined: Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:30 pm
Location: Finland
Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Re: Finnish in your face

Postby Itchy » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:29 pm

Apothecary wrote:
Itchy wrote:I just don't think it's a good way to try and change things, that's all.


what, pretell, would you say would be a better way to take back our government?



Our government? I thought we were talking about UC Davis students trying to get their tuition lowered. I was under the belief that you thought pissing off a cop was a good way to get tuition lowered. That, to me, is absurd. Probably as absurd as it is for you to think it's a good idea to try to get somebody you know and trust elected as a student regent-designate to get you some political pull in the California Board of Regents.

I guess I'm confused about what we're debating, now. UC Davis or the Occupy movement?
Gorilla Boy Spider Monkey
TL - FL - Valkyrie - PD - Cyclone - Element - Meteor - Roc Plus - Gremlin - Summit - Wizard
SLO Throwers mini
Itchy
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 636
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:34 pm
Location: San Luis Obispo/Lompoc, California
Favorite Disc: S Gremlin

Re: Finnish in your face

Postby 7ontheline » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:41 pm

Itchy wrote:7ontheline: Yeah, I did read the complaint. When I took American History I was lead to believe she wasn't breaking any law, but it was a trumped up charge.

You still falling back on what you were lead to believe in light of the actual complaint/warrant I posted :shock:


Itchy wrote:I guess I'm confused about what we're debating, now. UC Davis or the Occupy movement?

Neither. True professionals, like the ones that tried to gas JR's gym, remember? If not go back and read the first line of the OP :twisted: Fucking cop spraying students probably getting the University sued and it turn raising the tuition on poor students... true professional jugbutt... better? follow? get it?

BTW I was lead to believe from what I learned on TV that Plato was a planet and Pluto is a dog.
Magic / Judge / PA2 - Tursas / QMS / Buzzz / Mace - QJ / E / F - Renegade / O / D1

JHern wrote:If your putter isn't your favorite disc, get a new putter.
7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:23 pm
Location: Midtown Memphis, TN
Favorite Disc: Judge

Re: Finnish in your face

Postby Leopard » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:40 am

motherfuckers you were led to believe something goddammit. go back to sounding smart.
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer
User avatar
 
Posts: 4464
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: 30 miles x 100 miles x stinking island
Favorite Disc: Leo

Re: Finnish in your face

Postby Parks » Wed Nov 30, 2011 1:43 am

Nope, there was a gun and the threat of bullets. Hence, he was lead to believe it.
We're at our best when it's from our hips
Parks
1000 Rated Poster
User avatar
 
Posts: 1784
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 10:42 pm
Location: Spokane, WA

Re: Finnish in your face

Postby Apothecary » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:59 am

Itchy wrote:
Apothecary wrote:
Itchy wrote:I just don't think it's a good way to try and change things, that's all.


what, pretell, would you say would be a better way to take back our government?



Our government? I thought we were talking about UC Davis students trying to get their tuition lowered. I was under the belief that you thought pissing off a cop was a good way to get tuition lowered. That, to me, is absurd. Probably as absurd as it is for you to think it's a good idea to try to get somebody you know and trust elected as a student regent-designate to get you some political pull in the California Board of Regents.

I guess I'm confused about what we're debating, now. UC Davis or the Occupy movement?


Image
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
Apothecary
Freaky Jesus
User avatar
 
Posts: 1554
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:35 am
Favorite Disc: Ion/Comet

Re: Finnish in your face

Postby 7ontheline » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:26 pm

Go back to capitalizing the first word of sentences and other professional stuff like just saying no... oh wait, not such a smart way to spend billions.
Magic / Judge / PA2 - Tursas / QMS / Buzzz / Mace - QJ / E / F - Renegade / O / D1

JHern wrote:If your putter isn't your favorite disc, get a new putter.
7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:23 pm
Location: Midtown Memphis, TN
Favorite Disc: Judge

Re: Finnish in your face

Postby Frank Delicious » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:58 pm

That text doesn't really fit office cat
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown
User avatar
 
Posts: 12364
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:43 pm
Location: Drowning in a cold river
Favorite Disc: Wraith

Re: Finnish in your face

Postby veganray » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:01 pm

7ontheline wrote:Go back to capitalizing the first word of sentences and other professional stuff like just saying no... oh wait, not such a smart way to spend billions.

MODERATION REQUEST: 7ontheline's account has been hacked by JR
Ryen91 wrote:I am pretty sure I am more intelligent then you think and have allot more knowledge then your post might suggest.


Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler
User avatar
 
Posts: 2211
Joined: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:29 pm
Location: the defense table
Favorite Disc: DX Gremlin

Re: Finnish in your face

Postby Frank Delicious » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:18 pm

I'm ok with that.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown
User avatar
 
Posts: 12364
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:43 pm
Location: Drowning in a cold river
Favorite Disc: Wraith

Re: Finnish in your face

Postby Itchy » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:57 pm

7ontheline wrote:
Itchy wrote:7ontheline: Yeah, I did read the complaint. When I took American History I was lead to believe she wasn't breaking any law, but it was a trumped up charge.

You still falling back on what you were lead to believe in light of the actual complaint/warrant I posted :shock:

I'll try explaining it another way and give an example.
So, according to your post, a police report means you MUST HAVE broken the law, right? Here's an example disproving that.
http://www.wtsp.com/news/article/207550/34/FHP-sued-for-giving-out-illegal-tickets
Dude got cited, must have been breaking the law, right? Unless the issuing cop knows what he's citing isn't really illegal -or- he's misconstruing, confused about, the law.
You see how somebody could be cited but not actually break the law?

But, let's assume she really did break the law, because for what we're talking about it doesn't matter. It wasn't her being arrested that led to change, it was the bus boycott. You don't have to get arrested to stage a bus boycott.

7ontheline wrote:
Itchy wrote:I guess I'm confused about what we're debating, now. UC Davis or the Occupy movement?

Neither. True professionals, like the ones that tried to gas JR's gym, remember? If not go back and read the first line of the OP :twisted: Fucking cop spraying students probably getting the University sued and it turn raising the tuition on poor students... true professional jugbutt... better? follow? get it?


I am aware of what started this thread (although I wasn't the first time I read JR's first post). And I'm still saying those students are just as much to blame as the cop. They're both wrong, but those students got pepper sprayed due to their own actions. It's the campus police department, not the university, that would be potentially liable in a civil case, but I'm glad you see the irony that A VERY SMALL SUBGROUP students trying to protest high tuition broke the law and probably made it worse for everyone else, potentially raising their own tuition. This is exactly why I don't look at those students who got pepper sprayed and see heroes, I see dumb kids making it worse for those who didn't break the law.
Gorilla Boy Spider Monkey
TL - FL - Valkyrie - PD - Cyclone - Element - Meteor - Roc Plus - Gremlin - Summit - Wizard
SLO Throwers mini
Itchy
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 636
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:34 pm
Location: San Luis Obispo/Lompoc, California
Favorite Disc: S Gremlin

Re: Finnish in your face

Postby 7ontheline » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:14 pm

Itchy wrote: I am aware of what started this thread (although I wasn't the first time I read JR's first post). And I'm still saying those students are just as much to blame as the cop. They're both wrong, but those students got pepper sprayed due to their own actions. It's the campus police department, not the university, that would be potentially liable in a civil case, but I'm glad you see the irony that A VERY SMALL SUBGROUP students trying to protest high tuition broke the law and probably made it worse for everyone else, potentially raising their own tuition. This is exactly why I don't look at those students who got pepper sprayed and see heroes, I see dumb kids making it worse for those who didn't break the law.


It takes courage to refuse to follow the status quo like not complying with the driver's request to make room for the whites. Perhaps her action was one of the final straws that broke the camel's back of segregation. Come to visit the National Civil Rights Museum here in Memphis, their history seems to remember her that way. Its always someone who fucks up a good thing for the rest of us. If that damn driver had let her refusing to move slide perhaps the canadians would still be in the back of the bus today. Next thing ya know gays will want the federal government to recognize their marriage or something.

Where would this country be if good folks didn't do what they were told without question just seeing black or white? G.I., go face almost certain death and storm those machine guns on the beach at Normandy... YES SIR!
Magic / Judge / PA2 - Tursas / QMS / Buzzz / Mace - QJ / E / F - Renegade / O / D1

JHern wrote:If your putter isn't your favorite disc, get a new putter.
7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:23 pm
Location: Midtown Memphis, TN
Favorite Disc: Judge

Re: Finnish in your face

Postby Itchy » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:40 pm

7ontheline wrote:It takes courage to refuse to follow the status quo like not complying with the driver's request to make room for the whites. Perhaps her action was one of the final straws that broke the camel's back of segregation. Come to visit the National Civil Rights Museum here in Memphis, their history seems to remember her that way.

Don't get me wrong, I think she was courageous and I'm thankful for what she did. I think post-segregation we're a stronger nation as a whole. I just wish she never had to be arrested and think it could have happened without her being arrest (and still don't think her arrest was legally warranted).

7ontheline wrote:Its always someone who fucks up a good thing for the rest of us.

Agree with you there 100%. I don't feel the misconduct of the few should take away the civil liberties of the many.

7ontheline wrote:If that damn driver had let her refusing to move slide perhaps the canadians would still be in the back of the bus today. Next thing ya know gays will want the federal government to recognize their marriage or something.

On the gay marriage topic. I see the current treatment of gays to be very similar to how blacks were treated before desegregation happened. Separate, but equal. I'd like to think it's not long before that goes away too.

7ontheline wrote:Where would this country be if good folks didn't do what they were told without question just seeing black or white? G.I., go face almost certain death and storm those machine guns on the beach at Normandy... YES SIR!

The military's a little different than civilian life. When you're a grunt you do what your told mostly to watch your battle buddy's back. There's a little bit of a contradiction in these two sentences because the G.I.s did storm Normandy when they were told to, but you make it sound like they shouldn't have done what they were told without questioning it. I think I'm missing your point on this last topic.
Gorilla Boy Spider Monkey
TL - FL - Valkyrie - PD - Cyclone - Element - Meteor - Roc Plus - Gremlin - Summit - Wizard
SLO Throwers mini
Itchy
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 636
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:34 pm
Location: San Luis Obispo/Lompoc, California
Favorite Disc: S Gremlin

Re: Finnish in your face

Postby 7ontheline » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:16 pm

Nope, you're not missing anything. They said charge and the G.I. took it black and white and did... not grey like we'll get those machine guns in a minute when the shooting dies down a bit.

I'm pretty sure the campus president didn't direct or approve of the cop spraying his customers (whether they deserved it or not) as the cop was immediately suspended. IMO that's a shade of grey where his judgement call went to far and what makes his a True Professional.
Magic / Judge / PA2 - Tursas / QMS / Buzzz / Mace - QJ / E / F - Renegade / O / D1

JHern wrote:If your putter isn't your favorite disc, get a new putter.
7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:23 pm
Location: Midtown Memphis, TN
Favorite Disc: Judge

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests