discaholic anonymous

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: discaholic anonymous

Postby Frank Delicious » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:15 pm

colombo117 wrote:
And Frank Delicious, how many do you need?


prob like 10
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown
User avatar
 
Posts: 12364
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:43 pm
Location: Drowning in a cold river
Favorite Disc: Wraith

Re: discaholic anonymous

Postby 7ontheline » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:51 pm

keltik wrote:I thought we all agree that [flight] numbers are arbitrary bull shit.

I also realized today that I am a Banger GT short of owning one each of DC's current production putter molds.



Soft Banger GT? I've got two available and cheap. Bought the first and liked it so I bought another but moved onto to another putter mold before the backup even arrived. :?

I'm a discaholic, I'm still buying Teebirds even though I just got PDs to test and everyone says they're great and there's no going back. Teebirds haven't failed me like all the putters I've stashed away but can't find the nerve to let them go.
Magic / Judge / PA2 - Tursas / QMS / Buzzz / Mace - QJ / E / F - Renegade / O / D1

JHern wrote:If your putter isn't your favorite disc, get a new putter.
7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:23 pm
Location: Midtown Memphis, TN
Favorite Disc: Judge

Re: discaholic anonymous

Postby keltik » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:01 pm

tempting
keltik
2010 DGR Donator
User avatar
 
Posts: 3371
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:12 pm
Location: High Point NC
Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Re: discaholic anonymous

Postby 7ontheline » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:59 pm

two bangers for one teebird... do it, do it, i need help
Magic / Judge / PA2 - Tursas / QMS / Buzzz / Mace - QJ / E / F - Renegade / O / D1

JHern wrote:If your putter isn't your favorite disc, get a new putter.
7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:23 pm
Location: Midtown Memphis, TN
Favorite Disc: Judge

Re: discaholic anonymous

Postby Steve » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:11 pm

I knew I had a problem when I had to keep going back for more sterilite tubs. I started selling personal belongings to fund my plastic addiction. I was even buying discs out of the backs of strangers cars. I thought if I started going to meetings it would help but all I got were more ways to feed my addiction. I can't count how many times I have fallen off the par wagon.
Steve
Fairway Surgeon
 
Posts: 769
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: 515
Favorite Disc: OLF

Re: discaholic anonymous

Postby mickas » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:26 pm

7ontheline wrote:
keltik wrote:I thought we all agree that [flight] numbers are arbitrary bull shit.

I also realized today that I am a Banger GT short of owning one each of DC's current production putter molds.



Soft Banger GT? I've got two available and cheap. Bought the first and liked it so I bought another but moved onto to another putter mold before the backup even arrived. :?

I'm a discaholic, I'm still buying Teebirds even though I just got PDs to test and everyone says they're great and there's no going back. Teebirds haven't failed me like all the putters I've stashed away but can't find the nerve to let them go.


I threw pds for a while and went back to teebirds.
Destroyers | Predators | Eagles | Buzzz | Comets | Magnets

trades: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22441
mickas
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 691
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:16 am
Location: Madison Wi.
Favorite Disc: Magnet

Re: discaholic anonymous

Postby Booter » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:36 pm

people say i have a problem but i say the only problem is them bitching :)
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!
User avatar
 
Posts: 4361
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:43 pm
Location: plaztek bins!
Favorite Disc: square ones

Re: discaholic anonymous

Postby rwmurrow » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:03 pm

mickas wrote:
7ontheline wrote:
keltik wrote:I thought we all agree that [flight] numbers are arbitrary bull shit.

I also realized today that I am a Banger GT short of owning one each of DC's current production putter molds.



Soft Banger GT? I've got two available and cheap. Bought the first and liked it so I bought another but moved onto to another putter mold before the backup even arrived. :?

I'm a discaholic, I'm still buying Teebirds even though I just got PDs to test and everyone says they're great and there's no going back. Teebirds haven't failed me like all the putters I've stashed away but can't find the nerve to let them go.


I threw pds for a while and went back to teebirds.


Same here.
Destroyer,PD2, Firebird, Teebird, Gator, Roc, Challenger
rwmurrow
Tree Magnet
User avatar
 
Posts: 360
Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 5:36 pm
Location: Oklahoma city
Favorite Disc: Roc

Re: discaholic anonymous

Postby himynameismatt » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:52 am

The large haul of DGR Discmania discs I'm about to buy. Going to add about 12 PD's to my collection of 15 something already. Not to mention 2 or 3 TD's and FD's...Can't wait.
Wizard - Buzzz - Predator - TD - PD - Destroyer
himynameismatt
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:40 am
Location: Portland, OR
Favorite Disc: Wizard/Buzzz/PD

Re: discaholic anonymous

Postby Leopard » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:13 am

Steve wrote:sterilite tubs.

sterilite tubs bring it home harder than anything for me. too easy to do the math.
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer
User avatar
 
Posts: 4463
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: 30 miles x 100 miles x stinking island
Favorite Disc: Leo

Re: discaholic anonymous

Postby Trey133 » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:23 am

When I moved down to Charlotte, it took me more than 7 trips carrying sterilite tubs stacked on each other just to get them into my apartment from the uhaul. That was just tubs, I also have the cardboard Innova boxes. I uuuuuused to have a walk in closet.
Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Ghandi
Discmania Golf Discs: Reinvent your game.
Trey133
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions
User avatar
 
Posts: 1464
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:47 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC
Favorite Disc: PD

Re: discaholic anonymous

Postby AcesAZ » Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:31 pm

Im glad Im not the only one. The thing is coming from a ball golf background. Its so much cheaper to be a disc ho. 300 dollar drivers, 100 dollar wedges. Heck 15 bucks for a disc is cheap. Not to mention the green fees 40 bucks a round and golf ball cost 40 bucks dz. I was easily spending 4-5K a year on ball golf all together. I only have around 40 discs but the bug is biting.
AcesAZ
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:04 pm
Favorite Disc: Shark

Re: discaholic anonymous

Postby nehlybel » Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:22 pm

Admittedly, this isn't my own story, but I witnessed it, which is close enough... A friend of mine and I were golfing a course with a lake in early spring. We were still very amateurish, and our throws were a little less than predictable. Since this was, of course, early spring; the lake was still partially (mostly) frozen over. My friend stepped up to the tee on a hole running along the lake shore and promptly threw his disc out onto the ice. He knew he could get it back, but he didn't want to get his clothes wet and cold, so he stripped down to his boxers and skidded his way onto the lake. It was reminiscent of watching a newborn colt learning to walk, he was on all fours and many a time collapsed onto the surface of the ice. He did make it back with his disc, but not without the rest of us snapping away with our phone's cameras.
nehlybel
Noob
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:21 am
Favorite Disc: Discraft Nuke

Re: discaholic anonymous

Postby dgolfing » Sun Sep 23, 2012 2:36 pm

Building my own basket, bending metal, welding





dgolfing.com
dgolfing
Noob
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:29 pm
Favorite Disc: katana

Re: discaholic anonymous

Postby bfowler » Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:06 pm

Our dog needed a walk the other day and was barking his head off. He's a 7 month old 70lbs Alaskan Malamute. My wife yelled at him to shut up and asked me to take him for a walk. I jokingly asked if she wanted me to lose him while I was out. She responed, "Why, are you taking him to play disc golf?"

BURN!!!!!!
bfowler
Noob
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:07 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron