Flick

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Flick

Postby Roc_n_Roll » Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:51 am

Have any of you thrown a Flick yet? These discs are wicked cool! They are a 150 class disc with a firebird type stability! They fly really fast and are huge down wind (don't try to throw them into a head wind though). I recomend the yellow one for anyone who can throw 330'-350' they are less overstable. If you get a chance to throw one do so cause they are pretty crazy.
Someday......I will get that ACE!
Roc_n_Roll
Noob

Postby AciDBatH666 » Sun Sep 26, 2004 4:09 pm

I threw one at a tournament from a guy selling em and was impressed with how stable it was for a 150 class and with me ripping the hell out of it. I wanted to get one but he had already sold out. So i might get one online soon. Someone found a link to where to get one in a thread I made on this forum. I just havent gotten around to ordering it.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Flat Top Roc

Postby Jobuu » Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:43 am

I picked one up last week. I just dont have the power to make this go straight (about 300'). It turns the second it leaves my hand. It does however, make a good sidearm shot for a long right turn cause i can count on it to come back. I guess what im saying is, dont expect this disc to get you from 300 to 350.

Im gonna stick to my champion beast for most of my shots and only use this for the sidearm right turns that the stratus doesnt have the distance for.
Favorite current discs
Champion Beast
DX Roc
Z Breeze
Jobuu
Noob

Heavier Flicks

Postby sorearm » Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:05 am

Has anyone thrown a 170 and up Flick yet? They are popping up on Ebay but none in the stores around here yet.. thanks
sorearm
Noob

Re: Heavier Flicks

Postby AciDBatH666 » Tue Oct 05, 2004 12:38 pm

sorearm wrote:Has anyone thrown a 170 and up Flick yet? They are popping up on Ebay but none in the stores around here yet.. thanks

interesting. I thought the flick was a 150 class only?
MIght have to look into that
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Postby sorearm » Tue Oct 05, 2004 1:31 pm

YA, Kinda what I was thinking. Everyone seemed to like the 150's. Might be time for new plastic!! :P
sorearm
Noob

Postby Blake_T » Tue Oct 05, 2004 7:25 pm

i've seen a bunch of protos up to 175 in x and z plastic. i think the weights are deceptive to people. the disc has a VERY strong low speed fade which should be accentuated when it is available in all weights.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby I_Like_My_Buzzz » Wed Oct 06, 2004 8:28 am

The Z Pred is overstable enough for me! But if I do need more, I use my Champ Firechiken (not knockin Innova, that's just what I like to call this disc for no real reason):)! That thing is sick. Not as overstable as a Speeed Demon, but very overstable.

Just wondering how the Z Flick compares to a Speed Demon, or a Champion Firebird? I would like to try the 150 class flick just to see if I could get more distance out of an overstable disc. The ones I have fly straight into the wind, but don't fly very far.

I have been experimenting for the first time with a 150 class, dx TeeBird and I really like it! It is surprizingly stable and I have been getting some good distance out of it. I am afraid it will turn over and not come back, but so far that is not the case. Nice "S" curve.
Signature?
I_Like_My_Buzzz
Noob

Postby AciDBatH666 » Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:47 am

forgot to post in this again, Since I got a flick at the last tourney i was at a week ago.
Ive really been nailing this disc with some awesome drives. I know that a disc isnt really going to improve distance, its all technique, But a lot of ppl that i play with threw this today when we played doubles all day, and they all loved how overstable it is for a 150.

One of my buddies torqued this baby really hard, got it to turn over, and then just come on back well over 400 feet today. He was DAMN impressed due to the fact that (like me) all his lighter discs turn over when he throws them hard.

You can throw the hell out of this thing, and it'll come back. And that 150 just really helps to get some extra distance if your going downwind.
I have an Illusion that I've been wanting to try coming in from Ebay in a couple of days. Been wanting to check that disc out for a while after Blake_T told me a few things about em. So thats my next trial and error to write about in here.
As for the 150 flick, I love it and everyone thats thrown it with me really likes it
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Postby AciDBatH666 » Thu Oct 28, 2004 6:43 pm

HOLY $HlT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is my new favorite disc. I played some doubles with a few peeps today at our longer more open course in town, and REALLY opened up some drives with this baby.
I havent shot this park in well over a month, Our other 36 hole course is heavily wooded with no many open shots, So i havent had much of a chance to really learn this baby.

But after today with the open-ness of Pa Davis park, with tons of holes over 350+ ft, Im DAMN impressed now, I normally sidearm most of my drives, but sidearm or backhand I was reallllllly getting this baby to give some extra distance. Best shot was a 390ft hole, I managed to get me and my partner a 30 foot put from a hard torqued sidearm drive. I think that this is the first disc that I have gotten that i dont have to worry about overtorquing, cuz when a bit of hyzer, it'll level off, turn over and glide far with some good high speed fade, then come back overstable and fade off, still getting distance.

I havent really made any driving breakthrus like that since i learned to control my 2 Orcs, this one is just on a different level. BUt its not a replacement for my orcs, Its not as stable - overstable like my orcs are.

DAmn good tho. I might get another for backup, As for the 170 on up FLicks, I really dont think i'd need something like that cuz ive got plenty of overstable discs in that weight range. I think the 150 weight is what makes it so awesome. I can torque it as much as I want and know that its not going to go understable on me even being that light.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Return to Equipment