New video uploaded

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: New video uploaded

Postby Whiz » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:40 pm

I see dions throw as a great example of a well timed shoulder opening. He gets a near-perfect translation of power from his hip opening and shoulder rotation. Imo, that is why his throw looks so effortless.
E* DD2, Wraith, Glow Firebird, S-P-C PD, TD, Leopard, Roc, KC Aviar
Whiz
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: S Wiz/S PD

Postby 7ontheline » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:45 pm

Whiz wrote:I see dions throw as a great example of a well timed shoulder opening. He gets a near-perfect translation of power from his hip opening and shoulder rotation. Imo, that is why his throw looks so effortless.

I'd have a better chance of getting into the following position than mastering Dion's form if I worked at it everyday for the next five years. Let's see how he throws when he's a DG Master.

Magic / Judge / PA2 - Tursas / QMS / Buzzz / Mace - QJ / E / F - Renegade / O / D1

JHern wrote:If your putter isn't your favorite disc, get a new putter.
7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Judge

Postby JR » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:56 pm

Bradley Walker wrote:
JR wrote:What do you think of the shoulders on this guy?
http://www.youtube.com/user/sportdisc?b ... MC6OYzb3oY

What a great vid... I stand by my assertions..

Guys with bigger chests may have to be more closed since they need to clear more room for the path of the arm...

That makes sense.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby JR » Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:58 pm

7ontheline wrote:
Whiz wrote:I see dions throw as a great example of a well timed shoulder opening. He gets a near-perfect translation of power from his hip opening and shoulder rotation. Imo, that is why his throw looks so effortless.

I'd have a better chance of getting into the following position than mastering Dion's form if I worked at it everyday for the next five years. Let's see how he throws when he's a DG Master.

Dion is already :-) And a distance throwing world champion. You won't get there, if you don't know a lot. In sheer physical prowess i don't think anyone can challenge Avery.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby 7ontheline » Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:49 pm

My bad JR not Master of DG, which Dion clearly is, I meant DG Master as in 40 years old. Dion was born in 1987 and is flexible as Tiger Woods was at that age. In 2000 when Tiger was 24yrs old and could bend like a rubber band he was second only to John Daly in driving distance by three yards but still 10 yards longer than tied for 3rd David Love III and Phil Michelson. Now the bar has been raised and Tiger's fallen back to 55th in driving distance at the ripe old age of almost 36.

If I start working on my big roller I may have a chance to get him in Max D by the time he's of Masters age throwing those stupid spinning 360 annys. :roll: I'll shut up now.
Magic / Judge / PA2 - Tursas / QMS / Buzzz / Mace - QJ / E / F - Renegade / O / D1

JHern wrote:If your putter isn't your favorite disc, get a new putter.
7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Judge

Postby JR » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:39 pm

Older than Tiger, not a master. Definitely lost sideways turning ability at the hips.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Bradley Walker » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:52 am

7ontheline wrote:My bad JR not Master of DG, which Dion clearly is, I meant DG Master as in 40 years old. Dion was born in 1987 and is flexible as Tiger Woods was at that age. In 2000 when Tiger was 24yrs old and could bend like a rubber band he was second only to John Daly in driving distance by three yards but still 10 yards longer than tied for 3rd David Love III and Phil Michelson. Now the bar has been raised and Tiger's fallen back to 55th in driving distance at the ripe old age of almost 36.

If I start working on my big roller I may have a chance to get him in Max D by the time he's of Masters age throwing those stupid spinning 360 annys. :roll: I'll shut up now.

Tiger hits it plenty far.. This is his problem, he has little man syndrome on the tee and swings too friggin hard all the time...
"The reasonable man adapts himself to his environment. The unreasonable man adapts his environment to himself, therefore all progress is made by unreasonable men."
-George Bernard Shaw
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby BIF13 » Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:30 pm

it's actually an ugly shirt, nasty ugly!
Z Nuke - Z Force - Z Surge - Z Avenger SS - Z Stalker - Z Wasp - Z Buzzz - ESP Meteor - ESP Comet - D Focus - D Magnet
BIF13
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Z Nuke

Postby Bradley Walker » Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:47 pm

BIF13 wrote:it's actually an ugly shirt, nasty ugly!

Probably a Lions fan... Too bad!!!
"The reasonable man adapts himself to his environment. The unreasonable man adapts his environment to himself, therefore all progress is made by unreasonable men."
-George Bernard Shaw
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby BIF13 » Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:28 pm

Bradley Walker wrote:
BIF13 wrote:it's actually an ugly shirt, nasty ugly!

Probably a Lions fan... Too bad!!!

nope, DA BEARS! feel free to insult me about my team in following posts!
Z Nuke - Z Force - Z Surge - Z Avenger SS - Z Stalker - Z Wasp - Z Buzzz - ESP Meteor - ESP Comet - D Focus - D Magnet
BIF13
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Z Nuke

Postby cmroorda » Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:15 pm

I just recently watched this video, along with the "snap" videos, hammer drill, and right pec drill. I have been struggling with my shots having a ton of wasted motion and energy. These videos brought everything together for me. For the first time, in a long time, my throws feel strong and powerful. I'm still adjusting my timing and release angles, but i'm really feeling the snap off my fingertips and the sling of the disc. Just want to say thanks to bradley, blake, and dan for their great videos and help.
The 3-R's of improvement: Repetition, Repetition, Repetition!
cmroorda
Noob

Favorite Disc: Z Comet

Postby JHern » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:53 pm

Bradley Walker wrote:Here is my new video.

Brad almost looks like Mr T in the caption image!

Anyways, I think this is another good drill. Every time I see a noob grip lock their throw, I tell them that they are throwing it well, but just to line up their body angled a bit to the left. Once the re-direct gets figured out (~100 practice throws), I find that they can throw a great deal better.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby seabas22 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:27 am

I agree Jhern, now if we could just get Brad to film downwind or inside and say this is golf club by the way and i pity the fool....comedy gold. Anyways I feel like this should be stickied to the first post of snap2009. Along with the combining concepts pictorial Blake revised with the hammer being moved slighty forward.
seabas22
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: thunderbird

Previous

Return to Technique