PIAS - Great Finds

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: PIAS - Great Finds

Postby Frank Delicious » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:08 am

Fightingthetide wrote:
Frank Delicious wrote:The pineville PIAS is great for beat rocs priced at like $3.


I have yet to see any of those in there...are you taking them all?


Yeah I've been to charlotte a bunch lately and my bro-in-law lives like 10 mins from that PIAS so I always hit it up and buy up all the beat rocs.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown
User avatar
 
Posts: 12364
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:43 pm
Location: Drowning in a cold river
Favorite Disc: Wraith

Re: PIAS - Great Finds

Postby Spinthrift » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:30 pm

Joz wrote:
Spinthrift wrote:Jeez, there's a ton o' crap discs in the PIAS pile here. But somehow the growing ranks of "in the know" missed:
>Stiff, white, 168 1.1 SOLF (marked SOF), 9.5/10, no ink
>Taffy, white, 172 10X Eagle-X, 7/10 (in a very sweet way), no ink
With ten buck gift card from recent tourney players pack they cost me 70 cents.


Yeah I saw those yesterday.

Thanks for leaving me some dregs. Let me know next time you're going over there so I can go first :wink:
2012, 2013 PDGA MS1 World Champion
Spinthrift
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 358
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:54 pm
Location: Charlotte
Favorite Disc: Sweet beat Rhyno

Re: PIAS - Great Finds

Postby BLURR » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:19 pm

Not really a great find necessarily, but good for me. Not at PIAS, but found a brand new early run Champy-Star PD mismarked for $9 at a local store.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler
User avatar
 
Posts: 2611
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:14 pm
Location: Des Moines, IA
Favorite Disc: Comet

Re: PIAS - Great Finds

Postby Frank Delicious » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:15 pm

The local PIAS just got in a bunch of those flygirl rocs and aviars from GGGT and I def picked up some. Nice dome and great plastic.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown
User avatar
 
Posts: 12364
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:43 pm
Location: Drowning in a cold river
Favorite Disc: Wraith

Re: PIAS - Great Finds

Postby Steve » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:19 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:The local PIAS just got in a bunch of those flygirl rocs and aviars from GGGT and I def picked up some. Nice dome and great plastic.

Ours has those too.
Steve
Fairway Surgeon
 
Posts: 769
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: 515
Favorite Disc: OLF

Re: PIAS - Great Finds

Postby kern9787 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:19 pm

Not a PIAS find, but just bought what is supposed to be a new 173g CE QMS (I'm assuming its CE since it was opaque and has a tourney stamp from 2002) for $15 shipped.
P2 - Fuse - ROCS!!! - QJLS - QPLS - QOLS - PD - Predator - Quasar
kern9787
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 782
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:56 am
Location: Abilene, Tx

Re: PIAS - Great Finds

Postby BLURR » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:16 am

kern9787 wrote:Not a PIAS find, but just bought what is supposed to be a new 173g CE QMS (I'm assuming its CE since it was opaque and has a tourney stamp from 2002) for $15 shipped.


So you won the orange one last night on ebay? I almost bid on that one.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler
User avatar
 
Posts: 2611
Joined: Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:14 pm
Location: Des Moines, IA
Favorite Disc: Comet

Re: PIAS - Great Finds

Postby kern9787 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:19 pm

BLURR wrote:
kern9787 wrote:Not a PIAS find, but just bought what is supposed to be a new 173g CE QMS (I'm assuming its CE since it was opaque and has a tourney stamp from 2002) for $15 shipped.


So you won the orange one last night on ebay? I almost bid on that one.


Yes sir.
P2 - Fuse - ROCS!!! - QJLS - QPLS - QOLS - PD - Predator - Quasar
kern9787
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 782
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2008 10:56 am
Location: Abilene, Tx

Re: PIAS - Great Finds

Postby Trey133 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:28 am

Attention Charlotte/Pineville PIAS inhabitants.

This PIAS has 5 old ching tanks brand new. They're a little light but definitely neat to have for 8 bucks.
Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Ghandi
Discmania Golf Discs: Reinvent your game.
Trey133
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions
User avatar
 
Posts: 1464
Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:47 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC
Favorite Disc: PD

Re: PIAS - Great Finds

Postby Spinthrift » Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:55 pm

Trey133 wrote:Attention Charlotte/Pineville PIAS inhabitants.

This PIAS has 5 old ching tanks brand new. They're a little light but definitely neat to have for 8 bucks.

Are they the blue 154-56s?
2012, 2013 PDGA MS1 World Champion
Spinthrift
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 358
Joined: Wed Dec 05, 2007 12:54 pm
Location: Charlotte
Favorite Disc: Sweet beat Rhyno

Re: PIAS - Great Finds

Postby Joz » Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:44 pm

Spinthrift wrote:
Trey133 wrote:Attention Charlotte/Pineville PIAS inhabitants.

This PIAS has 5 old ching tanks brand new. They're a little light but definitely neat to have for 8 bucks.

Are they the blue 154-56s?



Yes, yes they are.
Joz
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 331
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 2:42 pm
Location: Renaissance
Favorite Disc: PD

Re: PIAS - Great Finds

Postby Joz » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:20 am

Found a chartreuse CE QMS today, 8/10, $7.
Joz
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 331
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 2:42 pm
Location: Renaissance
Favorite Disc: PD

Re: PIAS - Great Finds

Postby zj1002 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:22 am

keeping it? I got paypal :D
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon
 
Posts: 3432
Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:52 pm
Location: Austin TX
Favorite Disc: QMS

Re: PIAS - Great Finds

Postby Joz » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:03 pm

zj1002 wrote:keeping it? I got paypal :D


Haha. Man, two weeks ago I woulda said, "Sure!" But I picked up one the other week, and I have to say these things are amazing! Fits right in with my C-MD2. Great disc, wished I woulda discovered it earlier.
Joz
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 331
Joined: Thu May 06, 2010 2:42 pm
Location: Renaissance
Favorite Disc: PD

Re: PIAS - Great Finds

Postby Steve » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:06 pm

Joz wrote:
zj1002 wrote:keeping it? I got paypal :D


Haha. Man, two weeks ago I woulda said, "Sure!" But I picked up one the other week, and I have to say these things are amazing! Fits right in with my C-MD2. Great disc, wished I woulda discovered it earlier.

What weight did you get?
Steve
Fairway Surgeon
 
Posts: 769
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: 515
Favorite Disc: OLF

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 3 guests