building a bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

building a bag

Postby money 21 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 12:32 pm

i am helping a friend who is working with troubled kidds and i am teaching some of them disc golf. a couple have shown interest and talent and are looking to move n in to the sport. this is some advaice i gave them on how i built my bag ( yes this is also a response i gave to a poster in the equipment section)

as you stepping up to more competition bags i thought on how to break dow a what i would consider a complete bag.

1. puter: most important disc in your bag find one that feels good for putting and throwing
2. stable mid: a mid range driver you can throw pretty straight and fell confident in hitting many different lines
3. work horse driver: usually a slightly over stable fairway driver in different stages of wear can cover a lot of shots.
4. distance driver: driver you can throw all out on wide open holes.
5. turnover driver: driver that you can flip over or work on lines when throwing less then 100%
6. meat hook: disc for make hard left turns (for Right hand back hand) or throwing into the wind
7 finess disc: Disc for working lines and approaches.

as you play longer some molds will cover others. a beat work horse can cover the turnover spot ect.
are there any spots you would recommend or that i have missed or misreprsented.
Sole, Summit, ridge, vp, ibex, obex, trak, ascent, unlace, lace, olace, solace,
i have seen monkey sh!t fights at the zoo more orginized then this.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Z XS

Re: building a bag

Postby Danforth » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:12 pm

This must just be my playing style, but I'm becoming more and more skeptical about the usefulness of an overstable mid. Seems to me you can just power down on your workhorse driver to cover those shots. An understable mid, that stays turned over at lower power levels, seems more useful to me since there's no other discs that could potentially overlap with it.

Perhaps I'm just smoking low-grade crack. /shrugs
VoodooWizardBuzzLeoT-BirdFirebirdProSF

"Hitler and Mussolini were only the primary spokesmen for the attitude of domination and craving for power that are in the heart of almost everyone. Until the source is cleared, there will always be confusion and hate, wars and class antagonisms." - Jiddu Krishnamurti
Danforth
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: TeeChicken

Postby money 21 » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:01 pm

i agree i carried a demon for a long time but now i just power down on my trident. the understable mid falls in the 7 spot in my mind.
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Danforth » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:02 pm

money 21 wrote:i agree i carried a demon for a long time but now i just power down on my trident. the understable mid falls in the 7 spot in my mind.

I messed with a demon for a little bit, but found the Whippet to be a superior disc for that slot. If you consider the Whipet to be to long of a disc, the Drone is a better stupid overstable mid IMO. 8)
VoodooWizardBuzzLeoT-BirdFirebirdProSF

"Hitler and Mussolini were only the primary spokesmen for the attitude of domination and craving for power that are in the heart of almost everyone. Until the source is cleared, there will always be confusion and hate, wars and class antagonisms." - Jiddu Krishnamurti
Danforth
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: TeeChicken

Postby money 21 » Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:18 pm

my bag as attatched to OP
1 voodoo
2 mako
3 tsunami
4 surge
5 xs
6 trident
7 flying squarrel
money 21
1000 Rated Poster

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion