9 Disc bag, Need midrange and approach help.

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: 9 Disc bag, Need midrange and approach help.

Postby Danforth » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:14 pm

Fightingthetide wrote: Pick up an X Buzzz to compliment your Z, or get some MD2's. I would say do one of those two things if Rocs are not your preferred mid.


Anything wrong with the D Buzz?

I'm starting to think that I might drop the M Voodoo and make my 2 mids a Comet and Q-Sentinel.
VoodooWizardBuzzLeoT-BirdFirebirdProSF

"Hitler and Mussolini were only the primary spokesmen for the attitude of domination and craving for power that are in the heart of almost everyone. Until the source is cleared, there will always be confusion and hate, wars and class antagonisms." - Jiddu Krishnamurti
Danforth
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 625
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:10 pm
Favorite Disc: TeeChicken

Re: 9 Disc bag, Need midrange and approach help.

Postby Flipflat » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:18 pm

If one of the Tbirds is worn, it might be redundant with the Leo. You could just have one or the other. I haven't thrown a Vector, but from what I've read it's like a new DX Rancho that holds it's stability a long time. Maybe compliment the Buzzz.
I would like your X-Wasps, please.
Flipflat
1000 Rated Poster
User avatar
 
Posts: 1513
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:01 pm
Location: Detroitish
Favorite Disc: buzzz

Re: 9 Disc bag, Need midrange and approach help.

Postby Danforth » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:19 pm

Steve wrote:A mid that gets overlooked by everyone around the boards but can do it all is the shark. It is a great line carver and accurate approach disc as well. It will work well off the tee on holes under 300'. It can also be easily found in multiple plastics (champ is getting harder to find) at almost any DG store.


The Shark was one of the first discs i ever got and I love the Shark, but the Buzz seems to do everything the Shark does, better.
VoodooWizardBuzzLeoT-BirdFirebirdProSF

"Hitler and Mussolini were only the primary spokesmen for the attitude of domination and craving for power that are in the heart of almost everyone. Until the source is cleared, there will always be confusion and hate, wars and class antagonisms." - Jiddu Krishnamurti
Danforth
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 625
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:10 pm
Favorite Disc: TeeChicken

Re: 9 Disc bag, Need midrange and approach help.

Postby Steve » Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:09 pm

Danforth wrote:
Steve wrote:A mid that gets overlooked by everyone around the boards but can do it all is the shark. It is a great line carver and accurate approach disc as well. It will work well off the tee on holes under 300'. It can also be easily found in multiple plastics (champ is getting harder to find) at almost any DG store.


The Shark was one of the first discs i ever got and I love the Shark, but the Buzz seems to do everything the Shark does, better.

Buzzzes are great off the pad, but I found they blow by the basket more often than slower mids like the shark or qms on approaches.
Steve
Fairway Surgeon
 
Posts: 769
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:47 pm
Location: 515
Favorite Disc: OLF

Re: 9 Disc bag, Need midrange and approach help.

Postby Danforth » Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:07 pm

Steve wrote:
Danforth wrote:
Steve wrote:A mid that gets overlooked by everyone around the boards but can do it all is the shark. It is a great line carver and accurate approach disc as well. It will work well off the tee on holes under 300'. It can also be easily found in multiple plastics (champ is getting harder to find) at almost any DG store.


The Shark was one of the first discs i ever got and I love the Shark, but the Buzz seems to do everything the Shark does, better.

Buzzzes are great off the pad, but I found they blow by the basket more often than slower mids like the shark or qms on approaches.


If I'm afraid of blowing past the basket, I'll use an M Voodoo or Wizard.
VoodooWizardBuzzLeoT-BirdFirebirdProSF

"Hitler and Mussolini were only the primary spokesmen for the attitude of domination and craving for power that are in the heart of almost everyone. Until the source is cleared, there will always be confusion and hate, wars and class antagonisms." - Jiddu Krishnamurti
Danforth
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 625
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:10 pm
Favorite Disc: TeeChicken

Re: 9 Disc bag, Need midrange and approach help.

Postby Fightingthetide » Thu Dec 08, 2011 9:58 pm

Danforth wrote:
Fightingthetide wrote: Pick up an X Buzzz to compliment your Z, or get some MD2's. I would say do one of those two things if Rocs are not your preferred mid.


Anything wrong with the D Buzz?


I just depends on how long you want it to last / how fast you want it to beat in.

I'm still gonna suggest MD2...
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster
 
Posts: 1082
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:42 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: 9 Disc bag, Need midrange and approach help.

Postby Danforth » Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:05 pm

Fightingthetide wrote:I'm still gonna suggest MD2...


I which plastic? P?
VoodooWizardBuzzLeoT-BirdFirebirdProSF

"Hitler and Mussolini were only the primary spokesmen for the attitude of domination and craving for power that are in the heart of almost everyone. Until the source is cleared, there will always be confusion and hate, wars and class antagonisms." - Jiddu Krishnamurti
Danforth
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 625
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:10 pm
Favorite Disc: TeeChicken

Re: 9 Disc bag, Need midrange and approach help.

Postby Pwingles » Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:20 am

Keep the other voodoo in the car, add a wiz or some other more stable than a voodoo disc you can PnA with, rhyno, challenger, maybe even a spider. Use buzz for stable short range by powering down and adding hyzer, at mid range length buzz for straight and turnover, powered down leo or tb for overstable. Maybe add a buzz ss/ d or x buzz, possibly a comet or some other less stable mold if you arent comfortable with buzz for annys
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster
User avatar
 
Posts: 1059
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:49 pm
Location: Missouwi
Favorite Disc: Gwoove

Re: 9 Disc bag, Need midrange and approach help.

Postby Fightingthetide » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:36 pm

Danforth wrote:
Fightingthetide wrote:I'm still gonna suggest MD2...


I which plastic? P?


P is good to start with. I have a flattened 174 P and a 180 C with a tiny bit of dome. I love them. I went through the gamut with mids - buzzz to md2 to roc to buzzz, now back to md2. It's all preference. Pick up a X Buzzz and a P MD2 around the same weight, compare, then decide what you want to stick with.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster
 
Posts: 1082
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:42 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: 9 Disc bag, Need midrange and approach help.

Postby Danforth » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:44 pm

Fightingthetide wrote:
Danforth wrote:
Fightingthetide wrote:I'm still gonna suggest MD2...


I which plastic? P?


P is good to start with. I have a flattened 174 P and a 180 C with a tiny bit of dome. I love them. I went through the gamut with mids - buzzz to md2 to roc to buzzz, now back to md2. It's all preference. Pick up a X Buzzz and a P MD2 around the same weight, compare, then decide what you want to stick with.


Cool, thanx!!! :thumbup: I've already got some X Buzz's so now I just need to find MD2's in P plastic GGGT seems to be out, does anyone know who has P MD2's in stock?
VoodooWizardBuzzLeoT-BirdFirebirdProSF

"Hitler and Mussolini were only the primary spokesmen for the attitude of domination and craving for power that are in the heart of almost everyone. Until the source is cleared, there will always be confusion and hate, wars and class antagonisms." - Jiddu Krishnamurti
Danforth
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 625
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:10 pm
Favorite Disc: TeeChicken

Re: 9 Disc bag, Need midrange and approach help.

Postby Pwingles » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:05 pm

I have one fsot if ur interested
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster
User avatar
 
Posts: 1059
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:49 pm
Location: Missouwi
Favorite Disc: Gwoove

Re: 9 Disc bag, Need midrange and approach help.

Postby Fightingthetide » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:06 pm

Not sure what weight you want, but here is one on ebay - http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-P-LINE-MD2- ... 1130wt_986

I bought a 174 P MD2 from the seller. It had some dome to it, but I flattened it out pretty successfully.
Fightingthetide
1000 Rated Poster
 
Posts: 1082
Joined: Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:42 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Re: 9 Disc bag, Need midrange and approach help.

Postby Danforth » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:03 pm

Roc Lover wrote:Keep the other voodoo in the car, add a wiz or some other more stable than a voodoo disc you can PnA with, rhyno, challenger, maybe even a spider. Use buzz for stable short range by powering down and adding hyzer, at mid range length buzz for straight and turnover, powered down leo or tb for overstable. Maybe add a buzz ss/ d or x buzz, possibly a comet or some other less stable mold if you arent comfortable with buzz for annys



OK, some of this I was thinking about already, so here's how I've modified my bag pending the arrival of P-MD2's for testing.

2) 175g SS Voodoo's
165g SS Wizard (slightly OS, but workable)
seasoned 173g X Comet (flippy to straight)
150g Champ Leo
2) 165g Star T-birds
175g Champ F-bird
170 Star SL
VoodooWizardBuzzLeoT-BirdFirebirdProSF

"Hitler and Mussolini were only the primary spokesmen for the attitude of domination and craving for power that are in the heart of almost everyone. Until the source is cleared, there will always be confusion and hate, wars and class antagonisms." - Jiddu Krishnamurti
Danforth
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 625
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:10 pm
Favorite Disc: TeeChicken

Re: 9 Disc bag, Need midrange and approach help.

Postby himynameismatt » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:33 pm

An ESP Zone can fill your overstable slot for shots under 300' you already throw heavy Z Buzzz's which thrown cleanly can hold some pretty sick hyzers out to 330' plus before popping flat, especially when new.

If the MD2's don't work out throw a Comet or Buzzz SS in the bag both fly the same lines in the same ranges fairly similarly to me the buzzz of course being a notch faster, so its really whatever rim you prefer when it comes to those two.
Wizard - Buzzz - Predator - TD - PD - Destroyer
himynameismatt
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 367
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:40 am
Location: Portland, OR
Favorite Disc: Wizard/Buzzz/PD

Re: 9 Disc bag, Need midrange and approach help.

Postby Danforth » Sat Dec 10, 2011 2:02 pm

himynameismatt wrote:If the MD2's don't work out throw a Comet or Buzzz SS



I forget, what plastics does the Buzz ss come in?
VoodooWizardBuzzLeoT-BirdFirebirdProSF

"Hitler and Mussolini were only the primary spokesmen for the attitude of domination and craving for power that are in the heart of almost everyone. Until the source is cleared, there will always be confusion and hate, wars and class antagonisms." - Jiddu Krishnamurti
Danforth
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 625
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:10 pm
Favorite Disc: TeeChicken

PreviousNext

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests