"Happy Endings" controversy

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: "Happy Endings" controversy

Postby Prerube » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:52 am

veganray wrote:Man, there are some dumb motherfuckers in this world.

This thread may be worse than the DGCR one. Atleast DGCR had
Prerube
Ruby's Pimp-ass shirt revival

Postby 7ontheline » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:00 pm

thanks again Prerube
Magic / Judge / PA2 - Tursas / QMS / Buzzz / Mace - QJ / E / F - Renegade / O / D1

JHern wrote:If your putter isn't your favorite disc, get a new putter.
7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Judge

Postby pappabear » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:30 am

The pdga, and happy endings planned this all right from the start, it was pretty smart marketing, it was good exposure, and funny, win win,
Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-lagunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness" So I got that goin for me, which is nice
pappabear
Noob

Favorite Disc: challenger

Postby jsun3thousand » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:54 pm

pappabear wrote:The pdga, and happy endings planned this all right from the start, it was pretty smart marketing, it was good exposure, and funny, win win,

do you have any evidence for this claim?
Scooot_er wrote:And disc golfers aren't always the smartest bunch.
jsun3thousand
wants to be the president of the don zimmer memorial charity foundation of america inc

Favorite Disc: #63

Postby mobster » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:52 am

jsun3thousand wrote:
pappabear wrote:The pdga, and happy endings planned this all right from the start, it was pretty smart marketing, it was good exposure, and funny, win win,

With punctuation and grammar like that, who needs evidence?!
mobster
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Nuke SS

Postby inthedrift » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:59 pm

mobster wrote:
jsun3thousand wrote:

With punctuation and grammar like that, who needs evidence?!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
inthedrift
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Firebird

Postby pappabear » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:29 am

Of course it was planned, it created so much more publicity this way, you have no idea how marketing works if you don't get that, it wasn't product placement, or an endorsement of the sport it was eposure on a national level, it was smart marketing, you didn't feel like you were being marketed to at all, dance puppet dance
Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-lagunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness" So I got that goin for me, which is nice
pappabear
Noob

Postby pappabear » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:35 am

Mobster, this is the interwebs, if your looking for grammar id check else where,
pappabear
Noob

Postby jsun3thousand » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:50 am

outside of disc golfers being babies, this thread has taught me that pappabear hates the english language, doesn't understand marketing, and might be racist. pappabear has all the qualifications to be the pdga's public relations rep.
Scooot_er wrote:And disc golfers aren't always the smartest bunch.
jsun3thousand
wants to be the president of the don zimmer memorial charity foundation of america inc

Favorite Disc: #63

Postby biscgolf » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:29 am

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
biscgolf
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: proline leopard

Postby pappabear » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:05 pm

jsun3thousand wrote:outside of disc golfers being babies, this thread has taught me that pappabear hates the english language, doesn't understand marketing, and might be racist. pappabear has all the qualifications to be the pdga's public relations rep.

Jsun, I am in e-marketing, and trust me this was smart marketing, I'm not racist in anyway, that's redic, as for english, I know when and where to bother with correct grammar and punctuation, online forums are not in that group, enjoy being an internet heckler, every thread needs one
pappabear
Noob

Postby Frank Delicious » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:14 pm

comma
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Frank Delicious » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:16 pm

So when did proper grammar and punctuation start taking more work than incorrect? It doesn't save you any time or thought to riddle your post with comma splices and when you know the rules of writing you do them automatically.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Dig It » Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:24 pm

pappabear wrote:Jsun, I am in e-marketing,

Don't you mean e,marketing,?
Darmok and Gilad at Tanagra. Shaka, when the walls fell.
Dig It
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: circleStamPooPlate

Postby Triflusal » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:19 pm

pappabear wrote:
jsun3thousand wrote:outside of disc golfers being babies, this thread has taught me that pappabear hates the english language, doesn't understand marketing, and might be racist. pappabear has all the qualifications to be the pdga's public relations rep.

Jsun, I am in e-marketing, and trust me this was smart marketing, I'm not racist in anyway, that's redic, as for english, I know when and where to bother with correct grammar and punctuation, online forums are not in that group, enjoy being an internet heckler, every thread needs one

D-

see me after class
Triflusal
Effective absolute Communicator

Favorite Disc: whamo malibu

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion