0%
X Buzzz
7%
I plead the 5th...
9%

Total votes : 300

Re: What's your Buzzz of choice?

Postby JR » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:51 pm

I turn Rocs and can throw Buzzzes on annies so i have no interest whatsoever with a Buzzz SS. And i don't carry Rocs because the Z Buzzz does anny well enough for me. And FLX now that it is cold.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Thatdirtykid » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:21 am

The SS may be better powered down that the buzzz though.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby NoMoreTinCup » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:45 pm

Thatdirtykid wrote:The SS may be better powered down that the buzzz though.

Cannot speak for the newer production runs, but I have not found that to be true of either of the models of Am Nats SSs that I have. They might be half a point less stable than a 50% Buzzz, no more than a full point. I use them for fast, low ceiling left to right backhand shots, especially uphill. Doesn't come up often, but they are absolutely perfect for that. Mine don't seem to have all the glide of a regular Buzzz either, but again, I haven't thrown the new sig. version.
KP
Elk Creek Disc Golf
www.elkcreekdgc.info
NoMoreTinCup
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Craft Discs

Postby himynameismatt » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:40 am

Roc thread made it back to page 1 saw it fitting that the Buzzz thread get back there too.

The Z Buzzz is probably the the foundation of my bag and will be for a long time.

After X-Mas my collection is now at 12!
Wizard - Buzzz - Predator - TD - PD - Destroyer
himynameismatt
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Wizard/Buzzz/PD

Postby pappabear » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:00 am

I voted new Z, but I throw several dif plastics, 3 Z's in various states of wear, fresh d, fresh x. I also have 2 SS's, discraft gives me so many choices in plastics, nice to get so many dif shots out of 1 mold.
Do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga... gunga, gunga-lagunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness" So I got that goin for me, which is nice
pappabear
Noob

Favorite Disc: challenger

Postby Mark Ellis » Mon Dec 26, 2011 5:26 am

I don't know if it is a regional thing but I see a lot of Green Flat Top Z Buzzz's in player's bags.

There have been holes where everyone in my group all threw the same disc, a Green Flat Top Z Buzzz and parked the shot. We walk up to the basket and don't realize we all threw the same disc until we have to figure out who is who.
Mark Ellis
The Big Fundamental

Favorite Disc: Rattler

Postby himynameismatt » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:19 am

Mark Ellis wrote:I don't know if it is a regional thing but I see a lot of Green Flat Top Z Buzzz's in player's bags.

There have been holes where everyone in my group all threw the same disc, a Green Flat Top Z Buzzz and parked the shot. We walk up to the basket and don't realize we all threw the same disc until we have to figure out who is who.

I know the ones you speak of. Lime green flat Z Buzzz's. So money. It's the only color Buzzz my friend throws, nice and stable.
Wizard - Buzzz - Predator - TD - PD - Destroyer
himynameismatt
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Wizard/Buzzz/PD

Postby BLURR » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:14 am

Right now, my money buzzz is a flat top pink z-buzzz. It is crazy straight. Although I recently got a pearly z-buzzz ss that is in the bag for testing. I do like it quite a bit. It might kick one of my comets out of the bag.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby ian » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:06 pm

I gave a buzzz ss to my father recently, but he is an avid comet thrower. He said he has no interest in trying the ss out. I use the roc/comet combo myself so I don't really know how to compare the buzzz to the buzzz ss, but am wondering what the thoughts are on what the buzzz ss offers that the comet does not? It almost seems like blasphemy to talk about pulling a comet from the bag.
ian
Noob

Favorite Disc: aviar

Postby keltik » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:06 pm

ian wrote:... what the buzzz ss offers that the comet does not?

nothing
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby jubuttib » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:12 am

keltik wrote:
nothing
Well, speed, but that's it.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby discspeed » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:19 am

jubuttib wrote:
keltik wrote:
nothing
Well, speed, but that's it.

The Buzzz SS is very different from the Comet. It can do many things a Comet cannot. It holds it's speed and distance better in the wind, flies much farther on a low ceiling line drive, and gets more forward skip. There are courses down here that I could carve up with a BuzzzSS and really struggle with a Comet due to low ceilings.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby keltik » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:29 am

okay yeah it is faster

oh and @ Mr. Ellis: There are also good flat top green z buzzzes down here in the carolinas too. the flat ones just do better.

and @ discspeed :P
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby BLURR » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:11 am

jubuttib wrote:Well, speed, but that's it.

Pretty much agree with the above statement as well. As well as some of the things that discspeed stated. It is faster than a comet, so the low-line shot is much easier with the SS. But other than that, the comet definitely won in every other category. The fact that I have an 8/10 Glo Z-Buzzz in the bag that flies a lot like the Buzzz SS helps too.

I took a bag full of Buzzz's(SS as well) and comets out yesterday afternoon and played a few rounds at the 9 holer down the street. I decided to really give the Buzzz SS a workout next to my Comets. There is one hole imparticular that I was wanting to try it out on. The hole is 280 ft long. There are two routes you can throw. You can take the low line under the branch and run straight at the basket. Or you can take a wide left and anhyzer back to the basket. I threw both disc's on each line about 3 or 4 times. The Buzzz SS worked great for the low line, but the anhyzer, it was just too fast for that shot. The comet worked decent for the low line(the extra glide a comet has helps out somewhat). The comet was the clear winner on the anhyzer line with the slow floaty delivery. So, the Buzzz SS probably won't be making the bag in the long run, but I will probably keep it in there to mess around with, or for water holes(where the ice hasn't formed yet).
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby cfair » Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:13 am

discspeed wrote:I've had some Buzzz drama in my bag this fall...About 2 months ago I lost my 2FR Buzzz, which was the oldest disc in my bag. Since then I've been messing with 2 different backup 2FR Buzzzes trying to decide on one. Last week I finally decided and immediately started parking all my Buzzz holes again like I hadn't done since I lost my original.

Anyway, a couple days ago I got my Buzzz back, but now it's hard to decide whether to put it back in my bag or stick with the one that is working right now. I think I'm going to stick with the new one for now since I have a tournament in two weeks.

Currently I've got a 2FR and a standard Z Buzzz in my bag, both 177g.

Simple thought discspeed. Why not shelve the lost and found one and keep the one you are using. That way you have a reliable back up.
cfair
Tree Magnet

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment