Vibram is Taking Over

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Vibram is Taking Over

Postby disc junkie » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:30 pm

Vibram is taking over my bag (Went from Zero Vibram Molds to Six). I used to be a tester when Vibram first started making discs but didnt really care for what they were doing at the time. Well its been a few years since then so I decided to revisit Vibram after toying with Steezo's Sole and boy oh boy have they come a long way. Some of their molds actually have glide now and damn they are so grippy. So far Im having great success with the Vibram Ive added. Cant wait for the Vibram Big D Driver (supposed to be very Destroyer like).

172 Champ Destroyer - Main Big D Driver (Stable/Overstable)
170 Champ Teedevil - Same as above just less HSS and LSS
156 Blizz Boss - Over the top shots or any other crazy line I can think of - FUN FUN FUN
175 C-DD - Headwind Distance.

175 CFR C-PD - Most Overstable duties, extreme flex shots especially with FH
175 *TB - Controlled D, so damn straight (glad I revisited the TB)
175 F Ascent - I call this my Teeagle (Straight like a TB with EagleX fade)
175 F Trak - Very workable and awesome for hyzerflips and turnovers. Surprising glide
167 Banshee - Mainly just for FH now that I have added the Ascent. Underrated and Forgotten mold but its definitely $$$

178 Sanny Q-Sent - Overstablish Mid
177 Firm Ibex - Still on the fence with this but when its good its great but when its not its poop. Point and shoot type mid
176 King Cobra - EagleX of mids. Just workable and has lots of glide
171 Z Comet - Still one of my Favorite discs to throw. Finesse shots and sweet turnovers
167 ESP Zone - Trick disc. This disc can do so many different shots its awesome. Great for exaggerated flex lines.

174 F Sole - Main Putter - Putts only
174 F Summit - Stable/Understable for approaches and drives. Also my long range putter
173 M Warlock - Just Stable. Used for drives and approaches where I want forced turnovers or mainly just STRAIGHT shots with pretty much no fade
171 F Ridge - Just added for re-testing. Planned to use for drives and approaches mainly when windy. Thinking itll be straight with dependable fade
Last edited by disc junkie on Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:28 am, edited 4 times in total.
When I'm not itchin for discin, I have the yearnin to get the plastic turnin
disc junkie
LL Buzzz J

Re: Trying this again - 2012 Bag

Postby Mark Ellis » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:59 pm

Why would you commit to not change your bag for 2012?

2012 has not happened yet. Not a single day. You have no idea what may come out in 2012 or what you may discover during the year.

Every disc is my bag has its place on a conditional basis: conditioned on the fact I don't find something better.

Why?
Mark Ellis
The Big Fundamental

Favorite Disc: Rattler

Postby Whiz » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:18 pm

Shhh, he's a Republican. Don't bother him.
E* DD2, Wraith, Glow Firebird, S-P-C PD, TD, Leopard, Roc, KC Aviar
Whiz
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: S Wiz/S PD

Postby keltik » Fri Dec 30, 2011 9:08 pm

I guess I don't really read anything on here anymore. what pray tell is a star dust QJ?
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby zj1002 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:21 pm

keltik wrote:I guess I don't really read anything on here anymore. what pray tell is a star dust QJ?

QJLS w/ glitter
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby keltik » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:40 pm

okay cool

Back on topic: what exactly is the difference b/w your CFR PD and QOLF. My feeble brain box is telling me these are very similar.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby disc junkie » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:13 am

Im doing this because the first 7-8 years of throwing my bag really only changed if I lost a disc. Even though I've improved skill wise moreso in the past few years my scores are not drastically different and I believe that's because I just don't have the confidence in my discs like I used to because I just don't know them as well.

Also, after really thinking about it most new discs that come out really aren't any better than anything that's already released. I know I added the Quasar and Vector but neither are really ground breaking, I just like the way they look, I can find similar flights from other molds. Plus I'm just tired of being disappointed with most discs that come out lately and wasting my time and money on them when I have a bag full of perfectly capable discs.

The difference between my CFR PD and OLFs is significant. The CFR PD is basically a better Firebird and the OLFs are pretty much longer eagles.
When I'm not itchin for discin, I have the yearnin to get the plastic turnin
disc junkie
LL Buzzz J

Postby zj1002 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:55 am

Yep the QOLF and CFR CPD actually compliment each other very well. I found a CFR CPD in the used bin and might put it in the bag. But right now the C-DD is holding down my stable speed 9-11 slot
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion