Working Stiff's Bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Working Stiff's Bag

Postby Frank Delicious » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:12 pm

This thread got hot.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby keltik » Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:33 pm

Bro-D Stiffy 3P catfight!!! I imagine it goes like this:

keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby BrotherDave » Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:58 am

Sally forth in my direction again and I'll pepper your brow with a cavalcade of jabs the likes of which have only before been seen by bastard ginger progeny.
Some discs of various sizes, weight, plastic and mold.
BrotherDave
Blue-footed booby fan

Favorite Disc: DX Blue Footed Booby

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Jan 09, 2012 8:18 am

BrotherDave wrote:Sally forth in my direction again and I'll pepper your brow with a cavalcade of jabs the likes of which have only before been seen by bastard ginger progeny.

Frank Delicious

Postby Working Stiff » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:43 pm

OK, so I completely lost control of this thread. Back to disc golf for a bit.

I messed around with a SOLF. I had some SOLF back when they came out that I liked, so I picked up a few to go back to them. They are meathooks. I'm not sure if it's me or the discs. Anyway, they are so beefy I replaced the Preds with one. At first I though I could break it in, but it's still a meathook. I guess at some point I either just decide to use it as my overstable driver or get rid of it and bring the Predators back.

Somewhere along the line I took Comets out. I got some good rips from some beat DX Rocs in the spring, figured I had the shots covered without them and out they went. I haven't missed them yet.

Damn Wizards came back as well. I can't stay with a putter, they are all so much fun the throw.

I've been down on the number of discs I throw, so the putter pocket is free to carry a Condor and a Zephyr. They really get in people's heads. I rarely used either, but just having them there seems to freak people out so they stay. If the SOLF thing had worked, I'd be adding a driver and be out of space. As it is, I've got the room.

Distance Drivers
(1) DX Valkyrie 175g
(2) Champ Valkyries 160ish/170g
Stable Control Drivers
(1) QJLS 1.8 (it's not yellow), 168g
(1) DX TeeBird 170g
Overstable Driver
(1) SOLF 1.2 162g
Mids:
(1) DX Condor 198g
(3) DX Rocs, 172-174g
(1) 11X KC Roc 177g
(1) Q Sentinel, 176g
Putters:
(2) Medium S Wizards 175g
(2) DX XDs 168-175g
(1) DX Zephyr 198g

In other news, the Cardinals just had the tying run thrown out at home with two outs in the 9th, so it safe to assume I'm going to have free time to frolf this October.
Furthur wrote:Either get a lighter one, throw harder, or find a disc with more glide.
Working Stiff
Super Moderator of DGCR

Favorite Disc: Ontario Roc

Postby Frank Delicious » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:12 pm

The newer 1.2 and 1.3 SOLFs are way more stable than the 1.1s. It's like night and day.
Frank Delicious

Postby Working Stiff » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:44 pm

I was pretty sure that was the case, but of course I played a round with a guy who had a bag full of SOLFs who swore it wasn't the case which made me a bit unsure and not curious enough to wade through the Millennium thread to find out. At any rate, I'm about done wasting my time with it. It's too bad, the 1.1's were very nice. I'll prolly end up on the Blizzard bandwagon looking for a driver pretty soon.
Furthur wrote:Either get a lighter one, throw harder, or find a disc with more glide.
Working Stiff
Super Moderator of DGCR

Postby Frank Delicious » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:14 pm

I can't believe you carry a condor and a zephyr.

Also I was wrong about Jason Hammel, like really wrong.
Frank Delicious

Postby Working Stiff » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:46 am

I'm rooting hard for the O's based simply on all the one-month stories that baseball writers put out about hot starts and predicting who is for real and who will fall off. Every single story I read like that this year included the O's and every one said they would fall back and finish under .500. I love it when baseball writers prove that they can't evaluate talent and have no idea what they are talking about.

Both the Condor and Zephyr serve no role. They both overlap with other, more versatile discs. It's just fun to throw them and freak people out. We have a 240'ish elevated tee shot that I can hit with the Zephyr when it is not windy, and it's just funny to watch people when I throw it. If I ever figure out a driver that I like, they are going to hit the road.
Working Stiff
Super Moderator of DGCR

Postby Working Stiff » Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:17 pm

This thread was making me think about what is in my bag a little. While I was on the course this morning I was wondering why I'm not really doing anything about my driver slot. Then I actually looked down at the bag.

Lots of spraypaint and flags. Not a lot of discs. Probably 80% of my rounds are combined work/play rounds and the drivers are completely out of the bag to make room for paint to mark tees with.

This disc golf thing would be a lot easier if I had time to play any disc golf.
Working Stiff
Super Moderator of DGCR

Postby Frank Delicious » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:40 pm

Eh, I've been playing a bunch of no-driver rounds lately and it's pretty fun. It's nice to have some holes that are unreachable and require precision upshots.

Also Orange is the pro-est of colors for a bag.
Frank Delicious

Postby Working Stiff » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:56 pm

I have a n00b bag.

I found a Champ Monarch on the course and started throwing it for turnover drives. I also found a Sirius Sentinel; it's not beefy like a Sentinel should be but it's a low-line mid that fits in well with the high-line Comet. So I have crap I found in the park in my bag.

I went to Lemon Lake and decided to put in all DX drivers so I wouldn't be all torn up when I lost them all. I ended up with a Leopard/TeeBird combo that worked really well and I ended up leaving them in when I didn't loose them all. I keep wanting to get the Cyclone and/or JLS back in there, but I really don't need to.

I cracked the bead on my 9X KC Pro. It keeps peeling back further and further, so I might have to retire it. Piece of shit only lasted 13 years. Right now all the Aviars In my bag just go straight. Massive overlap. I need to work a new one in there or go back to the Wizards, but my short game has been OK so I haven't really had the incentive to fix that.

Distance Drivers
(1) DX Valkyrie 175g
(1) Champ Valkyries 166g
(1) Champ Monarch ???g
Stable Control Drivers
(2) DX TeeBird 166, 170g
Understable Control Drivers
(2) DX Leopards 170, 175g
Overstable Driver
(1) DX Banshee 168g
Mids:
(1) X Comet 177g
(2) Z Comets, 172-177g
(1) Sirius Sentinel 174g
(1) Q Sentinel, 176g
Putters:
(1) DX BB Aviar, 172g
(1) 9X KC Pro Aviar, 172g
(1) Yeti Pro Aviar, 172g
(2) DX XDs 168-175g
Working Stiff
Super Moderator of DGCR

Postby Monocacy » Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:52 am

Looks like my bag with a few minor changes. That's probably not reassuring to you.
Krait - Tern | Jackal - River - Resistor | Truth - Fuse - Zone | Clutch
Discs for sale or trade
Monocacy
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby Working Stiff » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:41 pm

I've been trying to play more rounds this winter, basically to stay in shape. I've decided that I'm never going to throw any farther than I do, never really going to score any better than I do and I really don't give a shit. I've been throwing a lot of slow discs like Sonics and Condors because they are fun to throw. This spring I'm going to load up my driver slots with a bunch of crap that is too fast for me like everybody else and let it all hang out. I've pretty much settled on the Krait as my main driver from my field throws. It doesn't go any farther than my Valkyries, but hey. It's fast and new. Why not?

Winter bag: I try to stay away from old plastic and base plastic in the cold, so some things like Z Comets for DX Rocs are a given. I worked in this old big bead champ Aviar I had sitting around for rounds in that cave course; the cave walls eat up putters and shredded the Gyro off an Ion, so I needed something more durable for that. I've kinda gotten used to it, so it might stay. The workhorse disc of the winter is the Z Predator. Gotta love a Z Pred in a strong headwind.

Distance Drivers
(2) Champ Valkyries 160-166g
(1) Champ Monarch ???g
Overstable Driver
(1) Z Predator 169g
Stable Control Driver
(1) QJLS 1.8 (it's not yellow) 168g
Overstable Control Driver
(1) M EXP1 1.7 174g
Mids:
(1) DX Condor 198g
(2) Z Comets 172-177g
(1) Sirius Sentinel 174g
(1) Q Sentinel 176g
Putters:
(1) Yeti Pro Aviar 172g
(1) Champ Aviar 168g
(1) DX XD 175g
(1) DX Sonic 170g
(1) DX Zephyr 198g
Working Stiff
Super Moderator of DGCR

Postby JR » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:36 pm

I'd like to see a video of you throwing to see if we could find some way for you to throw farther.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

PreviousNext

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion