Aced the same hole twice

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Aced the same hole twice

Postby twmccoy » Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:36 pm

Anybody else ever do this? I was playing a local course yesterday (lighthouse) and aced hole 12 with a champ orc. Funny, as the only other ace I've ever had was on this same hole about 9 months ago. The pin position was different and I hit it with a buzz the first time. The hole is 367 ft uphill (according to their measurements).
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Postby jiwaburst » Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:35 pm

I've done it. But I'm not very good, and mine is a much shorter hole. It's actually the only hole I've aced in my 4 months of playing. 230 ft. technical right turn through the trees and over an OB road, once with a classic roc when I was angry, once (yesterday) with a regular roc.

Neither time though did anyone see me do it. And usually I stink at that hole.
jiwaburst
Tree Magnet

Postby Jones » Sun Mar 26, 2006 12:22 am

My friend Aced hole 2 on our course twice in a row. He played about 5 holes until a few of us got there and had aced hole 2. We started a round and as I held my breath, he did it again. Both were sidearm skip aces, his first with a star wraith and second with a monster. Hole 2 is somewhere around 265' and by the maintenance building and those guy were sitting by the benches taking a break and saw both of them. So he aced them in 20 or 30 minutes from each other, both first shots. Another one of my friends aced hole 16 the same round. Neat day that was.
Jones
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Wizard

Postby Roc_n_Roll » Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:20 am

I have yet to get an ace :? And I have been playing for a couple years now....Hit the basket about a dozen times just never went in

:twisted:
Someday......I will get that ACE!
Roc_n_Roll
Noob

Postby roadkill » Sun Mar 26, 2006 10:48 am

Last year I was playing Jordan Creek with some friends the night before the Allentown Worlds. We were playing #5 which shoots over the pond and is about 250'. I aced it and then ten seconds later my friend Bob aces it.

Needless to say neither one of us hit it during tournament play when there was a mountain bike up for grabs.
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: first run goblin

aces

Postby twmccoy » Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:30 am

Yeah, my two aces on that hole are my only two aces period. I just thought it was strange to ace the same hole twice, considering it isn't that easy of a hole.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Postby Thatdirtykid » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:45 am

Ive aced hole 5 here on my campus once first throw actual round w/ guys, and about 5 more times in practice rounds in 2nd, 3rd, and problay 7th and 12th.

Its a technical shot low celing about 220' theres a good sidearm path (hard annie because the disc has to travel straight and fade right and theres really not much room to hyzer flip turn over), a straight putter shot through a y in a tree, and a high over the trees hyzer (which is a 320' line as the crow flies), and a good backhand skip shot around the underside of the trees.

1st ace was in round sidearm faded in

then (I dont know the order) the practice aces were
one more sidearm fade
one sidearm skip shot
one backhand putter through the y
and two backhand skips

ive hit metal over the trees, but no ace.

*Take into consideration that these are all practice rounds (other than first) and were definately not my first throws. I probably drive this hole a total of 50 times a week, and tend to go for it alot because its not hard to lay up (and if im playing for score I usually will lay up, or go over the trees because its consistant)

thats the only hole Ive aced more than once, I have 3 other round aces, no tourney aces (im new to the tourney scene), and have hit metal often enough to wonder why more dont go in :roll:
Last edited by Thatdirtykid on Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:16 am

The last ace I had was at Kentwood #2 in raleigh. It is a short straight hole with a road running down the left side and I just threw an easy roc and it skipped off a root into the basket.
The next day I threw the exact same shot and got bad snap on the throw so it started fading early. I got a bad skip and the next thing you know the roc is heading into the road and WHAM! Run over at about thirty by a camero. I can't really fault the driver, the disc skipped out at the wrong time. The worst part was that it was vertical when the car hit it. Needless to say, I retired that disc.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Solty » Mon Mar 27, 2006 9:19 am

Custom Car Tacos In Raleigh!!
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby TexasOutlaw » Mon Mar 27, 2006 2:07 pm

Been playing since '97 and still no aces, but I hit chains on many occasions. Back in March, my friends figured I'd get my first ace. No luck though.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby adidadg » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:34 pm

After almost 3 years of playing I got my first ace last month, and then the very next day I got my second! Needless to say it was the one weekend I didnt play doubles which has a rolling $500 ace pot....ah well it was still exciting.
adidadg

ace payout

Postby twmccoy » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:36 pm

adidadg wrote:After almost 3 years of playing I got my first ace last month, and then the very next day I got my second! Needless to say it was the one weekend I didnt play doubles which has a rolling $500 ace pot....ah well it was still exciting.

My first ace last year netted me $300 since I got in the league ace pool. Totally sweet.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Postby Thatdirtykid » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:12 pm

between all the discs you find/trade (not buying) in and that $300 youve very easily made money playing disc huh?
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

cash

Postby twmccoy » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:53 pm

Thatdirtykid wrote:between all the discs you find/trade (not buying) in and that $300 youve very easily made money playing disc huh?

Considering I don't ever buy discs or play cash tournys, yeah, I've done OK playing this game. :lol:
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Return to General Discussion