Postby badfinger » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:57 pm

RyJ Petite Cazadores

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
badfinger
Noob

Favorite Disc: CE Eagle

Re: Cigars - Who's Smoking What?

Postby Itchy » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:58 am

Any of you guys heard of the "shuriken cigar cutter?" Brother in law is a cigar smoker and the only info I can find on them is from the people who made/sell them. Wondering if they're a gimmick or worth being a present.
Gorilla Boy Spider Monkey
TL - FL - Valkyrie - PD - Cyclone - Element - Meteor - Roc Plus - Gremlin - Summit - Wizard
SLO Throwers mini
Itchy
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: S Gremlin

Re: Re: Cigars - Who's Smoking What?

Postby badfinger » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:02 am

Itchy wrote:Any of you guys heard of the "shuriken cigar cutter?" Brother in law is a cigar smoker and the only info I can find on them is from the people who made/sell them. Wondering if they're a gimmick or worth being a present.

The review I read on them said it was pure gimmick. The slits would fill with tar from the Cigar not burning right.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
badfinger
Noob

Postby ferretdance03 » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:06 pm

CAO Eileen's Dream
Nub Cameroon
ferretdance03
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: glow wizard

Postby Fritz » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:28 pm

Itchy wrote:Any of you guys heard of the "shuriken cigar cutter?" Brother in law is a cigar smoker and the only info I can find on them is from the people who made/sell them. Wondering if they're a gimmick or worth being a present.

Let me ask my good friends over at http://www.stogiereview.com what they think about it.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Fritz » Mon Nov 21, 2011 8:33 am

Here is what they had to say about it;

User 1: I used one at the IPCPR, surprising works well, but its nothing that you will keep in your pocket, a bit bulky.
14 November at 16:15 ·

User 2:
Saw one for the first time in person Friday evening at JMs in Exton. First problem is that it's $20, then it's pretty big (is that a Shurkin cutter in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?) and lastly, if you don't have a cigar with a nice, round head it seems useless. For someone who has had to re rut a punched cigar because it wasn't a free enough draw, I don't see it suiting me. All that being said, I haven't actually tried one, just speculation on my part.
14 November at 18:54 ·

User 3: I tried one last month. Didn't care for it. By the end of the smoke the head was pretty tattered cause you kinda have to squeeze it with your teeth to get a draw. Plus that makes you put the cigar farther in your mouth than I normally do so it gets a lot more spitty. I have no desire to ever use one again. Sort of an answer in search of a problem.
14 November at 20:46 ·

There you go.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Postby Itchy » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:02 pm

Thanks Fritz and BF... guess I'll get him tobacco instead.
Gorilla Boy Spider Monkey
TL - FL - Valkyrie - PD - Cyclone - Element - Meteor - Roc Plus - Gremlin - Summit - Wizard
SLO Throwers mini
Itchy
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: S Gremlin

Postby Apothecary » Thu Nov 24, 2011 8:36 pm

just took in a montecristo media noche edmundo to aid in digestion of a killer feast.

one of the best ive smoked. as leathery as a cigar can get. spicy in the mouth, yet silky smooth out the nose. pick one of them up if you have the opportunity.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum sonatur.
Apothecary
Freaky Jesus

Favorite Disc: Ion/Comet

Postby badfinger » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:31 pm

badfinger
Noob

Postby Fritz » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:24 pm

Nice collection of sticks...I might have to post mine later. :)
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Postby badfinger » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:56 pm

That's no collection, just what I've purchased this month. I'll post wineador pics later
badfinger
Noob

Postby Fritz » Sat Jan 14, 2012 8:45 am

badfinger wrote:That's no collection, just what I've purchased this month. I'll post wineador pics later

How are the newer Opus X? The ones I have are almost 12 years old that I have been aging.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Postby badfinger » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:57 pm

The regular production are all I've smoked the past two years. The one in the photo is a stick I found last week at my local b&m. They had received in the LE xXx box (twelve individual vitoilas), and I'm a lancero whore. I really wanted to pick up the Black Orchid (a maduro Opus), but it was obscenely priced and I couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger. The lancero cost me enough already!

Next week the same shop is getting the new FFOX series (Sumatra wrapped, habano filler) Opus X line in in three sizes. I think I may pick up one, but I"m not much of a dominican cigar smoker. Opus are one of those sticks I always love while smoking it, but never want to pay for the experience. I guess I just prefer Nicaraguan flavors more.

From what I've found, Fuente is shipping their Opus and Anejo lines at nearly 70% RH, and take about 6 months for the blend to start getting good. Until recently, I never had enough shelf space to really "collect" sticks for long periods of time. Now that I've gotten my coolidor, it seems someone has poured soapy water down my slide...... if you get what I'm saying. ;)
badfinger
Noob

Postby Fritz » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:23 pm

I love the Fuente Anejos. I'm currently aging 3 that are just over 12 years old, along with my Opus and Cubans.

FRITZ
Team Millennium
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Postby badfinger » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:38 pm

Very nice! That Hoyo is excellent! I have a buddy down at my local herf bar that collects commie sticks and gifted me one last year. Fantastic smoke. If only I had his Aristocrat.....
badfinger
Noob

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.