what are some good keen shoes for dg?

Clothing for Disc Golfers, Shoes, Socks, Shirts, Hats etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: what are some good keen shoes for dg?

Postby Booter » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:24 pm

yep, i ordered the dela's and the tryon's . i cant wait, yeti recommended the dela's and feldy recommended the tryons for a lighter shoe so having both of them suggest the two was a good thing.
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby himynameismatt » Sun Dec 25, 2011 2:46 pm

Lemme know how those Tryons work for ya. I wouldn't mind a lighter weight shoe.
Wizard - Buzzz - Predator - TD - PD - Destroyer
himynameismatt
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Wizard/Buzzz/PD

Postby Steve » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:51 am

himynameismatt wrote:Lemme know how those Tryons work for ya. I wouldn't mind a lighter weight shoe.

This^ I just got two pairs of Delas with a half off coupon. I reallly like them so far.
Steve
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: OLF

Postby Booter » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:20 am

well i love the dela's most definitely. theyre comfy and fit mmy 4e wide foot with ease. i dont even have to wear them tight. the tread doesnt look as agressive as others but the grip on concrete and anything else is definitely good. looki.g forward to seeing how these wear down etc. they dont feel too clunky at all .

as for the tryon's, i only have a couple rounds on those and so far,theyre ok. theyre not as wide as the dela's but theyre still able to be comfortable . theyre light,agressive tread and waterproof so thats the best of it. now i learned this after a couple rounds one day .i made a mistake of wearing thin socks with the tryon's. during the round i noticed it felt like my feet were sliding around inside the shoes ,indeed they were. i tightened the shoes up and tried again,still everytime i walked down a incline,it was noticeable. i then tightened the shoes so tight that it was uncomfortable to walk. after the rounds i spoke to a buddy who wears tryon's as well and explained the problem.he sughested i wear cotton socks or just thicker socks than i was wearing to solve the prob. i have yet to try this but i will sonner than not. i think itll solve that problem,but for now ill enjoy the delas :)

other than that i havnt had an probs with the shoes. both have good grip with the tryons edging up front with a slightly better grip.
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby rossc24 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:59 am

Can you only buy Delaveaga's on Keen's website? I looked on Zappos & Backcountry and they don't sell them. Does any other place sell them? I have Targhees for the winter and I love them. I was thinking of some delaveaga or Tryon's for this summer. Also how did you get a half off coupon?
rossc24
Noob

Postby BIF13 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:29 pm

where is the best place to buy keens?
Z Nuke - Z Force - Z Surge - Z Avenger SS - Z Stalker - Z Wasp - Z Buzzz - ESP Meteor - ESP Comet - D Focus - D Magnet
BIF13
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Z Nuke

Postby chunk » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:11 am

BIF13 wrote:where is the best place to buy keens?

depends on what model you're looking for. i wear keen voyagers and buy them at rei. buying gear from rei is nice since you can always return it if something goes wrong.
what would willie do?
chunk
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: DX Roc

Postby rossc24 » Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:11 am

You can buy Other Keen shoes almost anywhere. I'm asking where can you buy Delaveaga's other than Keen's website?
rossc24
Noob

Postby JHern » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:41 pm

I wear my Delaveagas all the time, for everything, for about 5 months now. This is heavy use, compared to if you just use them during rounds. The soles still have great grip, even though the middle part is wearing quite thin. I'm going to grab another pair, soon.

Also, they say you should choose a size that is one-half bigger than usual. But don't go too far. When I tried on my pair, they seemed a little snug, but they broke in after a few days and fit like a glove.

chunk wrote:...buying gear from rei is nice since you can always return it if something goes wrong.

Just be careful, with REI you have to save all the little paper receipts and such and be careful not to lose any...they refused to guarantee one of my shoe purchases when I didn't have the original register receipt (I wrongly thought they kept an electronic record and that it would be honored without paper). I ended up stuck with a pair of shoes that were 1/2 size too large, though I still used them.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby chunk » Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:27 pm

JHern wrote:Just be careful, with REI you have to save all the little paper receipts and such and be careful not to lose any...they refused to guarantee one of my shoe purchases when I didn't have the original register receipt (I wrongly thought they kept an electronic record and that it would be honored without paper). I ended up stuck with a pair of shoes that were 1/2 size too large, though I still used them.

rei membership eliminates this problem and gets you 10% back on purchases. it does cost $20 to join it but pays for itself after a few years in yearly dividends.
what would willie do?
chunk
Tree Magnet

Postby JHern » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:14 am

chunk wrote:
JHern wrote:Just be careful, with REI you have to save all the little paper receipts and such and be careful not to lose any...they refused to guarantee one of my shoe purchases when I didn't have the original register receipt (I wrongly thought they kept an electronic record and that it would be honored without paper). I ended up stuck with a pair of shoes that were 1/2 size too large, though I still used them.

rei membership eliminates this problem and gets you 10% back on purchases. it does cost $20 to join it but pays for itself after a few years in yearly dividends.

I was a member at the time, and I am still a member today.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby chunk » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:15 pm

JHern wrote:
chunk wrote:

I was a member at the time, and I am still a member today.

my bad. i haven't had that problem before.
what would willie do?
chunk
Tree Magnet

Postby jbl » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:05 pm

Was wondering if Keen or DeLaveagas make any shoes that work well for runners as well?
jbl
Noob

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby Droskee24 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:43 pm

I have a pair of keen tryon wps and they are very nice. They do run a half size small, so consider that if you order them. I am the kind of person that hates hiking boots, I like a light more athletic feeling shoe, and the tryons definitely fit the bill. Awesome grip, lightweight, and very comfy. They have held up very nice, so if your looking for that type of shoe then I recommend them. The only complaint I have about them is the loop on the heel to help you pull your shoe on. It was very annoying so I just cut it off! Easy fix lol
Droskee24
Noob

Favorite Disc: Boss

Postby Kscustom » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:47 pm

Oboz firebrand 2, save yourself money wasted on shoes that don't last more than a few months. I have been wearing mine for 1.5 yrs now just bought another pair for the future, went through 3 pairs of Merrill's and 2 pairs of keens. Oboz best disc golf shoe period!!!
Kscustom
Noob

Favorite Disc: Flash

PreviousNext

Return to Disc Golf Body Gear