Made a few technique videos

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Made a few technique videos

Postby Mike C » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:19 pm

Good, bad, shitty? Leave out anything important? Teach you anything new? Let me know.

Mike C
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Soft Ion

Re: Made a few technique videos

Postby Segovia » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:29 pm

Very good info. Particularly the disc selection video. I watched a couple of them all the way through and nothing caught my eye as being blatantly left out. Awesome job...it will be helplful to have this info in videos to point people to.

My only gripe (if you can even call it that) is that the top of your head is cut off a lot. (haha).
Ion - Fuse - Axis - Roc - Teebird - Predator - PD - Destroyer
Segovia
Noob

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby Mike C » Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:56 pm

Thanks.

It was my first time filming something like this with my new camera. It doesn't have a fold out preview LCD like my old one, but the recording quality is much higher and it's a lot more compact. Gonna have to stand further back next time...and talk a little louder.
Mike C
Fairway Surgeon

Postby jbl » Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:55 am

Hey Mike, great vids. You explained OAT better than anyone else I can recall. Also good breakdowns on the beginner discs. Would you suggest a Disccraft Buzz for an adequate beginner midrange? Also, should a beginner opt for lighter or heavier weights when trying to get as much feedback from the disc as possible?

Thanks
jbl
Noob

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby Mike C » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:11 pm

I'd say start lighter and work your way up from there. In the video I mentioned 165-170g as a good place to start, but depending on your abilities the 160-165g range might work better to start with. A buzz would work fine for a beginner disc, especially in X or D. D Buzzes are really neutral in my experience with them.
Mike C
Fairway Surgeon

Return to Technique