NFL Playoffs 2012

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

NFL Playoffs 2012

Postby Sean40474 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:28 pm

How about them predictions folks? This year was the best playoff in the NFL in a looooog time in my opinion. Thus far, I've picked every team correctly to win, save the Broncos. That Steeler and Bronco game could happen 10 more times and the Steelers walk away with all of them.

Better news, the Fudge Packers went down, that was soooooooo awesome! As well as the Broncos went down HARD! Now I don't have to hear about Tebow every freaking day, non stop on ESPN Radio.

49ers & Ravens in the Super Bowl.

49ers win 20-17 on the rematch for SIX!
It's all about discipline and focused practice!

masterbeato wrote:...900 feet, everybody is happy.
Sean40474
Colonel Cleavage

Favorite Disc: PDGazelle/Comet/Pure

Re: NFL Playoffs 2012

Postby Jeronimo » Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:51 pm

pats.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby JHern » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:24 pm

I picked 49ers and Giants, and the entire NFC side, up til now. I've got that feather in my cap.

But I also missed the Steelers @ Broncos pick, as others did. Either one of them would have lost to the Patriots.

Right now, it's anybody's Super Bowl. We might see the best football games of our lives next Sunday.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby Frank Delicious » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:46 pm

Ravens bitches.

Also calling sports teams things like fudge packers makes me embarrassed for you.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby new013 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:01 pm

i would of paid to watch the Ravens knock the beJesus out of Tebow.
"F*ck... here comes that guy New013."
new013
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: TL

Postby Sean40474 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:04 pm

I'm the biggest hater of Green Bay and Dallas Frank, I've always called them that...its all good though. I appreciate you being embarrassed for me though :P

Sean40474
Colonel Cleavage

Postby Jeronimo » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:20 am

new013 wrote:i would of paid to watch the Ravens knock the beJesus out of Tebow.

Brady didn't do a good enough job for you? QBPUNTGO
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby new013 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:39 am

Brady didn't have the opportunity to drill Tebow, yea they ran the score up on them but the Pats D never really laid in to him like the Ravens would have.
"F*ck... here comes that guy New013."
new013
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: TL

Postby uNicedmeMan » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:50 am

I'm pumped to watch the Ravens play on Sunday.
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby Working Stiff » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:00 am

Sean40474 wrote:Now I don't have to hear about Tebow every freaking day, non stop on ESPN Radio.
Think again. I saw three different lead stories about Tebow today. All the shirttail "I'm a fan but I really don't know a fucking thing about how the sport is played" people are STILL talking non-stop about Tebow.

Tebow 101: Stay in your base defense and cover people. He will get tentative and fuck up. Pittsburgh screwed the pooch by bringing extra guys up to stop the run. If you drop those guys back into coverage where they normally would be, he's scared to throw. Don't stack the line, don't blitz him. He's a tough kid and he's not scared of taking a hit. He's scared of cover three.
Furthur wrote:Either get a lighter one, throw harder, or find a disc with more glide.
Working Stiff
Super Moderator of DGCR

Favorite Disc: Ontario Roc

Postby Sean40474 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:38 pm

Working Stiff wrote:
Sean40474 wrote:Now I don't have to hear about Tebow every freaking day, non stop on ESPN Radio.
Think again. I saw three different lead stories about Tebow today. All the shirttail "I'm a fan but I really don't know a fucking thing about how the sport is played" people are STILL talking non-stop about Tebow.

Tebow 101: Stay in your base defense and cover people. He will get tentative and fuck up. Pittsburgh screwed the pooch by bringing extra guys up to stop the run. If you drop those guys back into coverage where they normally would be, he's scared to throw. Don't stack the line, don't blitz him. He's a tough kid and he's not scared of taking a hit. He's scared of cover three.

:(

I knew he'd still be in headlines, but at least they're not talking about him like they did.

Sean40474
Colonel Cleavage

Postby cfair » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:53 am

Pats beat raves, I've said by 2 touchdowns. I guess I will stick with that. Raves will score though. I don't think enough of the Ravens match up with the Pats.

NYG vs Niners decides who I root for in the super bowl, super excited about either team. But I think NYG will pull out the win, not sure by how much, but I think they will.

Who is wanting to see the Hargh-bowl? Not I.
cfair
Tree Magnet

Postby Working Stiff » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:27 am

Sean40474 wrote:I knew he'd still be in headlines, but at least they're not talking about him like they did.
Yesterday was the first day that there wasn't a picture and/or lead story about Tebow on the Yahoo Sports NFL main page. :roll:

In the middle of the week, they attempted to elevate him to Sainthood by running stories about how he was beat up and kept playing.

Report: Tebow played second half of Patriots game with considerable injuries

Every week, EVERY quarterback in the NFL gets the shit beat out of them. EVERY quarterback. Tebow got hit in the 3rd quarter, long after his pathetic play had doomed the Broncos to a humiliating defeat, and they tried to make him seem special because he played in some pain. EVERY quarterback in the NFL would have played through that. It's not even a story. If it was any other quarterback in the NFL, it's only a story if he leaves the game and reveals himself to be a pussy to his teammates.

The Christian ladies in my office made sure I knew how brave Tebow was for laying through that, though. God really has to be watching over you to allow you to do that. Really? Where the fuck was God when he took the hit?

Seriously, he has played this perfectly. He self-promotes with the Christian thing so well that he has forced the Broncos into playing him when he clearly isn't ready, and their defense won them a bunch of games that he gets credit for. The result is a HUGE amount of pressure on the Broncos to make him THE guy. At this point I think they have to tell Fox that his job is safe either way, open up the offense and let Tebow sink or swim. Either he can play or he can't.
Furthur wrote:Either get a lighter one, throw harder, or find a disc with more glide.
Working Stiff
Super Moderator of DGCR

Postby Working Stiff » Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:32 am

cfair wrote:Pats beat raves, I've said by 2 touchdowns. I guess I will stick with that. Raves will score though. I don't think enough of the Ravens match up with the Pats.

NYG vs Niners decides who I root for in the super bowl, super excited about either team. But I think NYG will pull out the win, not sure by how much, but I think they will.

Who is wanting to see the Hargh-bowl? Not I.
Pats/Ravens is a good old fashioned Offense VS Defense match-up. Defense usually wins those. The Pats are good at what they do, though. It should be a good game.

Giants/Niners is hard for me to call. I keep underestimating the Niners. The Giants to me seem like the Packers did last year, that team you don't want to play.

I'm thinking a Giants/Ravens rematch might be in the works. Watch it end up Pats/Niners. There is a reason I don't bet.
Working Stiff
Super Moderator of DGCR

Postby Sean40474 » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:02 pm

Working Stiff wrote:
Sean40474 wrote:I knew he'd still be in headlines, but at least they're not talking about him like they did.
Yesterday was the first day that there wasn't a picture and/or lead story about Tebow on the Yahoo Sports NFL main page. :roll:

In the middle of the week, they attempted to elevate him to Sainthood by running stories about how he was beat up and kept playing.

Report: Tebow played second half of Patriots game with considerable injuries

Every week, EVERY quarterback in the NFL gets the shit beat out of them. EVERY quarterback. Tebow got hit in the 3rd quarter, long after his pathetic play had doomed the Broncos to a humiliating defeat, and they tried to make him seem special because he played in some pain. EVERY quarterback in the NFL would have played through that. It's not even a story. If it was any other quarterback in the NFL, it's only a story if he leaves the game and reveals himself to be a pussy to his teammates.

The Christian ladies in my office made sure I knew how brave Tebow was for laying through that, though. God really has to be watching over you to allow you to do that. Really? Where the fuck was God when he took the hit?

Seriously, he has played this perfectly. He self-promotes with the Christian thing so well that he has forced the Broncos into playing him when he clearly isn't ready, and their defense won them a bunch of games that he gets credit for. The result is a HUGE amount of pressure on the Broncos to make him THE guy. At this point I think they have to tell Fox that his job is safe either way, open up the offense and let Tebow sink or swim. Either he can play or he can't.

It kills me when these guys thank God for their play. He/She/It had nothing to do with it! You think "It" favored you over the other team that day and allowed you to win? So silly, just take ownership for what you did and leave religion out of it. I hear the same thing from folks at my work about how God kept Tebow in the running etc., etc., etc.

Niners all the way! I do want to see the Har-bowl. I'd love the rematch in the Super Bowl to show the Ravens the 9ers can win on the big stage. Besides, I like defensive teams the most.

Sean40474
Colonel Cleavage

Next

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.