how do you decide how many discs to carry

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: how do you decide how many discs to carry

Postby Fritz » Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:01 am

I have 21 discs, 10 Molds (2 of the molds are utility discs that are situational)

Certain tournaments, I pull discs out. Tournaments in the mountains my bag drops to about 12 discs and 5 molds.

I always have a hard time taking discs out of my bag because of the what if factor. But I'm really focusing on using the discs I have, in order to drop the amount of discs in the bag in the off season. So far there are a couple discs I have no reason to use anymore.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Star Shark » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:36 pm

I'm lazy about it. I carry all of them. I don't need as many discs as I carry, but I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and hot have it.

I've had my firebird for almost 4 years now. I've throwin it less than 20 times. I almost never throw my Star Starfires either.
-- Star Shark
Star Shark
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Ghost, Patriot, SL

Postby jubuttib » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:51 am

Two molds for every slot (putters, mids, control drivers, distance drivers) plus a utility disc or two, I try to keep backups of everything I throw with me at all times, just so I'm not screwed if I lose something mid round. Currently this means 9 molds and 23 discs.
Last edited by jubuttib on Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby new013 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:43 am

I pretty much know what discs I'll need to play my local courses, so I put those in my bag and sometimes add in a disc I'll want to try out for a certain hole or just in general.

When I go play new courses I carry a bigger bag and throw in everything I throw.
"F*ck... here comes that guy New013."
new013
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: TL

Previous

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion