DGCR makes me want to bang my head against a wall

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: dgcr makes me want to bang my head against a wall

Postby new013 » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:42 pm

chunk wrote:what makes me laugh are the people who've been playing dg for a year but have 2k posts and talk like experts. maybe they should spend more time playing dg and less time on dgcr. :lol:

hey man, i play 4-5 times a week. don't judge my trolling. you wanna fight?
"F*ck... here comes that guy New013."
new013
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: TL

Postby Working Stiff » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:08 am

Lol at this thread. Have you read any of the course design threads where guys jump John Houck's shit? John Houck. Seriously? People are arguing with John Houck about course design. You think you are going to get any respect there? Think again.
Furthur wrote:Either get a lighter one, throw harder, or find a disc with more glide.
Working Stiff
Super Moderator of DGCR

Favorite Disc: Ontario Roc

Postby Booter » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:13 am

cmon mike,its been said before,if u wanna learn something or give advice...dgr is where u wanna do it. dgcr is only good for the market place,only because the b/s/t section here died down.
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby ferretdance03 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:09 pm

Working Stiff wrote:Lol at this thread. Have you read any of the course design threads where guys jump John Houck's shit? John Houck. Seriously? People are arguing with John Houck about course design. You think you are going to get any respect there? Think again.

I was slightly amazed at this as well. I mean the dude (Houck) obviously knows his shit, and they just won't let it go. What's funny is that one of the main instigators was recently complaining about there not being enough course design discussion.

It's only a matter of time before Houck says "Fuck it" and quits posting there altogether.
ferretdance03
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: glow wizard

Postby Leopard » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:32 pm

missed the Fuck It moment by 4 years.. that shit is just to generate sign sales and design gigs.

commerce is just about the only reason i have a DGCR account, and i don't even bother spamming my day-job marketing efforts over here
keltik wrote:I think ZAM had the right idea.
dgdave wrote:Listen to ZAM.
jsun3thousand wrote:zam is already in your pants.
i post things at facebook.com/PostID
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:47 pm

speaking of DGCR's marketplace, the prices have really started getting way higher than normal lately (that or I'm way out of touch with disc prices).

$17 for a used pro TL
$45 for a team ape
$30 for a pre-barry leo

Of course if people are willing to pay those prices for those discs, I would be pricing those up also.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Leopard » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:05 pm

someone mentioned R-Pro Wood models recently and the shit might as well have been mythical. they have plenty of buyers with no first-hand frame of reference past 2 years ago. that to me = $$$$
keltik wrote:I think ZAM had the right idea.
dgdave wrote:Listen to ZAM.
jsun3thousand wrote:zam is already in your pants.
i post things at facebook.com/PostID
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:11 pm

I think I'm gonna have to start adding more to my posts. Before I was just tacking on a 15% markup selling stuff over there. Seems like I can get away with 25% easily.

Also on a random note, there is a dude around here who swears by the r-pro wood aviars and pays way more for them than they are worth because they are getting so hard to find.
Frank Delicious

Postby Mike C » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:18 pm

Booter wrote:cmon mike,its been said before,if u wanna learn something or give advice...dgr is where u wanna do it. dgcr is only good for the market place,only because the b/s/t section here died down.

Yep. I get impatient at the speed of discussion here and go to dgcr on those late, snowy nights where I just want to be a DG nerd and talk discs and stuff, but there finding a good thread is like searching for a needle in a haystack, and here is seems like every thread has really good info. There I usually skim the new posts for shit that might be interesting, here I tend to read threads even on discs I don't throw because the impressions people give are so detailed, I feel like I can kind of compare something I throw to something I don't from that alone.

I also like players who realize throwing a mid 350-400' is possible and don't feel the need to call you out on it just because they can't. I mean I get called out on that shit all the time and I even have videos of me doing these things. As soon as the snow clears I'm taking a stack of Axis out to a field, throwing them all, then without stopping my camera picking up my measuring wheel and rolling it out there all in one continuous shot. What then? I know, then they'll say I suck at putting because I can throw far. That's what they did with kachtz :lol:
Mike C
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Soft Ion

Postby Flipflat » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:21 pm

"They" should actually make two marketplace forums. At least. I posted a thread yesterday selling some stuff, and 3 hours later it was gone, past page 3.
I would like your X-Wasps, please.
Flipflat
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: buzzz

Postby new013 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:37 pm

Mike.. you should start a thread called, "Bet me I can't do it"... you might score some discs or cash easily with it. When the Ace Race started so many people were saying that even Pros couldn't throw the Zeppelin 300+ and when I said I could they all called me out so I had to make that video. I would of won a disc if I actually made that one kid pay up. I did get my video on the Ace Race homepage for a few months though.

I like DGCR for all of the non DG threads, it's fun to screw around over there. Plus it's added a whole new market for my art which has been helpful as of late. It's much easier to set up big meetups over there as well for us NC guys.
new013
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:10 pm

hey hankdabank

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/sh ... hp?t=52822

the destroyer in that thread is not a first run. I've got a few of the ones with that stamp and they are just some production runs.
Frank Delicious

Postby jsun3thousand » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:25 pm

the more threads about dgcr, the better.
Scooot_er wrote:And disc golfers aren't always the smartest bunch.
jsun3thousand
wants to be the president of the don zimmer memorial charity foundation of america inc

Favorite Disc: #63

Postby vonDrehle » Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:58 pm

vonDrehle
Steward Turkeylink: Has not seen The Godfather and is probably a horrible person

Favorite Disc: River

Postby new013 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:10 pm

wow there are some fucking amazing pics on there.
new013
Fairway Surgeon

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.