Beer

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Beer

Postby dgdave » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:56 am

bcr123psu wrote:Coconut Creme stout? Could be nasty...could be good. Feedback?

Not to bad. Its very espresso-y and vanilla-y. Not very much coconut. I won't be running back to get it, but I wouldn't mind drinking it again.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby bcr123psu » Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:15 am

Maybe I'll check it out. In the meantime...

This is what I had yesterday:

I enjoyed this a lot. It's not that amazing of a beer, but it's flavor is good and it's easy to drink.

Got a case of this from my neighbor. Reminds me A LOT of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. That said, it wasn't good enough for me to buy it.
bcr123psu
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: The one in my brakes

Postby RustyP » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:40 am

bcr123psu wrote:Maybe I'll check it out. In the meantime...

This is what I had yesterday:

I had a bottle of that for the first time last night and didn't really care for it. I had an older bottle (bottled-on date of 2/2011), and it just didn't have a lot of flavor or aroma that you typically find in Belgian-style brews. A little fruity up front, decent Belgian funk on the finish, but not a lot going on in between for me. I think a younger bottle may be in order before I write it off completely.
in the bag: pd2 / destroyer / orion lf / sidewinder /eagle / teebird / rancho roc / fuse / ion / jokeri / wizard
RustyP
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Fuse

Postby bcr123psu » Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:18 pm

bcr123psu
Fairway Surgeon

Postby bcr123psu » Thu Jan 05, 2012 8:45 pm

Yummay!
bcr123psu
Fairway Surgeon

Postby bcr123psu » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:09 am

A fairly prominent spice note (though not necessarily a bad thing) and very carbonated (not my favorite attribute). That aside, I would probably get this again:

bcr123psu
Fairway Surgeon

Postby RustyP » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:41 am

Partial beer-haul for a close friend's bachelor party next weekend:

I'm thinking I'll get another bottle of Black Metal, 2 more Sisyphus, and a lower ABV IPA selection. Throw in everyone else's BYOB stuff, and it should be plenty for 6 of us :)
in the bag: pd2 / destroyer / orion lf / sidewinder /eagle / teebird / rancho roc / fuse / ion / jokeri / wizard
RustyP
2009 DGR Donator

Postby bcr123psu » Mon Jan 09, 2012 7:55 am

One of my all time favorites:

bcr123psu
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Dump truck » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:52 am

Drinking the latest release of real ale Sisyphus. I fucking love it!

Also,Image This one is a staple for me(probably top ten). If you like ipa's and also like aventinus. You're in for a real treat, if you haven't had it already.
omega/rhyno/comet/torque/hornet/valk/pd/nuke/destroyer
Dump truck
Tree Magnet

Postby RustyP » Wed Jan 18, 2012 2:08 pm

I had some very good hoppy brews recently:

Independence Stash IPA - very fresh bottles i got while in Austin last weekend, sooooo tasty!
Deep Ellum Brewing Co IPA - new brewery here in Dallas, just released the IPA and its wonderful, especially knowing its truly local.
Green Flash Rayon Vert - Not quite a Belgian IPA, but more hoppy than most Belgian Pales ive had (makes sense coming from this brewery)
Green Flash Imperial IPA - if you've had anything from these guys, you can probably imagine that this is a fuggin hop bomb!

Dump Truck - I want to drink beers with those guys in your avatar :)
RustyP
2009 DGR Donator

Postby JR » Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:00 pm

I think the brewery is Cape D'Ono or something like that. Their Blonde au muscat is a light bulk beer type beer added with white wine of 15 % alcohol content. 8 % of the stuff is wine and the rest beer if i understood the label correctly. The addition of the wine certainly transformed the meh beer into a good tasting fresh smooth and thoroughly enjoyable drink. Yummy. The same brewery also makes wine made from grenache grapes. I didn't try that because i was in a hurry. The muscat grape wine added beer is definitely something to try. For those that think beers are bitter and bland tasting this is a great intro to the variety of different flavors available in beers. Not acidic at all like one could think from the wine addition. To me it was close to low carbon cider with apples substituted with grapes, a little malt and hops. A very fresh light yet tasty drinkable thirst killer. Great for the summer despite 6 % ABV i would imagine.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby cfair » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:58 am

bcr123psu wrote:Image

tell me what this was like. I missed my chance to get it. I enjoy St Bernardus so very much.
cfair
Tree Magnet

Postby cfair » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:00 am

Dump truck wrote:Drinking the latest release of real ale Sisyphus. I fucking love it!

Also,Image This one is a staple for me(probably top ten). If you like ipa's and also like aventinus. You're in for a real treat, if you haven't had it already.

they make so many tasty things... and that looks so very thick and cloudy.
cfair
Tree Magnet

Postby cfair » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:03 am

I recently picked up North Coasts Old Stock Ale, a whiskey barrel stock porter, and I have a almost 1 year aged lion stout and abby 12. So excited for my next beer night.
cfair
Tree Magnet

Postby Dig It » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:09 am

The guy I got to send Secret Santa schwag didn't want to post pictures of what I got him, but I thought you guys would appreciate that I was able to mail 2 bottles of Pliny the Elder successfully to them. Hope he enjoyed them.
Darmok and Gilad at Tanagra. Shaka, when the walls fell.
Dig It
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: circleStamPooPlate

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.