Clip-on cupholder?

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Clip-on cupholder?

Postby Flipflat » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:56 pm

Is there such a thing as a clip-on cupholder? I use a standard innova disc bag, and it's only got one pocket for a cup. I'd like to be able to carry both a thermos and a water bottle, while keeping my hands free. Has this been invented?
I would like your X-Wasps, please.
Flipflat
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: buzzz

Re: Clip-on cupholder?

Postby Mark Ellis » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:08 am

Flipflat wrote:Is there such a thing as a clip-on cupholder? I use a standard innova disc bag, and it's only got one pocket for a cup. I'd like to be able to carry both a thermos and a water bottle, while keeping my hands free. Has this been invented?

With a zip tie and a carabiner you can add a clip to any bag. A thermos with a handle could then clip on and ride along. The weight distribution and convenience will be the details the devil dances to. If the thermos is swinging free it would be obnoxious. A sleeve held on by two carabiners may work.

Of late I have been been on a green tea kick. Is this stuff addictive or what? I am going through it by the quart.

The idea was to carry something warm with me through the rounds in the frigid winter. I noticed that drinking hot liquid between rounds warmed up my core better than a warm car and heated seats. I used to be relatively immune to cold but my resistance is shrinking. Once you catch a good chill it is tough to shake it. Hot liquids work well.

The thermos in the car was easy but how to fit one in the bag set up? Now that we have a base of snow on the ground I have switched from a cart to a sled and found it wedges nicely next to the bag. When you pour out the scalding liquid it takes a while before it cools down to a drinkable level. So I also use a travel cup with a snap on top. Most thermoses have a cup attached but if you set it down on the sled it will spill as you trudge to the next hole.

I carry so much stuff with me it feels like a full time job just managing the stuff. What next, a caravan of caddies? How ridiculous would that look?
Mark Ellis
The Big Fundamental

Favorite Disc: Rattler

Postby rwmurrow » Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:33 am

I have seen clip on cupholders in the camping/hiking section at walmart.
Destroyer,PD2, Firebird, Teebird, Gator, Roc, Challenger
rwmurrow
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby swel304 » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:38 am

The walmart in our area has smaller metal thermos' that have a clip right at the top of the lid so they hang nice and straight. Maybe not completely ideal but I've seen a few different people carrying them and the seem to work fine.

You could just use this as an excuse to get a new bag.... Lol
Wizard-Buzz-PolarisLS-Valkyrie-Wraith-BlizzKatana

http://www.XTREMEairbrush.com
swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: X Buzzz

Postby bucknuts » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:25 pm

Yes, I have thought about that..

any photos? It is a cheaper option for bags with only one insulated cup holder...
--go out and play disc

Challengers, Buzzes, Eagles, Firebird, and OLFs
bucknuts
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Z Buzz

Postby Flipflat » Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:36 pm

Mark Ellis wrote:
Flipflat wrote:Is there such a thing as a clip-on cupholder? I use a standard innova disc bag, and it's only got one pocket for a cup. I'd like to be able to carry both a thermos and a water bottle, while keeping my hands free. Has this been invented?

With a zip tie and a carabiner you can add a clip to any bag. A thermos with a handle could then clip on and ride along. The weight distribution and convenience will be the details the devil dances to. If the thermos is swinging free it would be obnoxious. A sleeve held on by two carabiners may work.

Of late I have been been on a green tea kick. Is this stuff addictive or what? I am going through it by the quart.

The idea was to carry something warm with me through the rounds in the frigid winter. I noticed that drinking hot liquid between rounds warmed up my core better than a warm car and heated seats. I used to be relatively immune to cold but my resistance is shrinking. Once you catch a good chill it is tough to shake it. Hot liquids work well.

The thermos in the car was easy but how to fit one in the bag set up? Now that we have a base of snow on the ground I have switched from a cart to a sled and found it wedges nicely next to the bag. When you pour out the scalding liquid it takes a while before it cools down to a drinkable level. So I also use a travel cup with a snap on top. Most thermoses have a cup attached but if you set it down on the sled it will spill as you trudge to the next hole.

I carry so much stuff with me it feels like a full time job just managing the stuff. What next, a caravan of caddies? How ridiculous would that look?

What kind of green tea you drinking? I've been buying different types over the last few months. I want to like it (hot chocolate gets old after a while, plus I'm trying to cut down on the sugar intake) I just can't find a flavor I like.

I have thought about putting together some kind of clip with cup holder thing for a while, but I'm not feeling so industrious as to actually go out, get the materials, and put it all together. Kinda want to just buy something. I'll have to check out Walmart's camping section. There's got to be something out there.

swel304 wrote:The walmart in our area has smaller metal thermos' that have a clip right at the top of the lid so they hang nice and straight. Maybe not completely ideal but I've seen a few different people carrying them and the seem to work fine.

You could just use this as an excuse to get a new bag.... Lol

Yeah, I thought of that. I really want to try out a Voodoo JuJu. Two cupholders, and it's not one of those mammoth bags.
Flipflat
1000 Rated Poster

Clip-on cupholder?

Postby peppermack » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:19 pm

I can make you a clip on cup holder.
S PD, Firebird, KC Pro/Champ Gazelle, Buzz, Rhyno, ESP Drone, Ion
peppermack
aint no salt in my game!

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby Flipflat » Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:47 pm

peppermack wrote:I can make you a clip on cup holder.

That would be nice.
Flipflat
1000 Rated Poster

Postby juju » Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:34 am

Flipflat wrote:I really want to try out a Voodoo JuJu. Two cupholders, and it's not one of those mammoth bags.

I think you mean the Mojo, the Juju only has one drink holder.
juju
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: First Run Buzzz

Postby Flipflat » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:01 pm

juju wrote:
Flipflat wrote:I really want to try out a Voodoo JuJu. Two cupholders, and it's not one of those mammoth bags.

I think you mean the Mojo, the Juju only has one drink holder.

Right, Mojo, that's a sexy bag right there. Too bad it's like $85.
Flipflat
1000 Rated Poster

Postby BLURR » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:19 am

If you want a clip on drink holder, I have had decent success with the Yakuzzi clip on for my fade crunch bag. If you have a cart, and don't mind spending a little cash, I recommend the Kuryakyn Snap N Go system. They have a few different models to choose from. They work pretty good on four wheelers.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Clip-on cupholder?

Postby peppermack » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:16 pm

The one I am making for Sir Flipflat is nearly done:)
peppermack
aint no salt in my game!

Postby bucknuts » Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:55 am

Peppermack and Flipflat-

please post pictures when it is done. I am curious too.

I saw one on cabela's website. I am wondering about insulated clip-on cupholder. I doubt there is one.
--go out and play disc

Challengers, Buzzes, Eagles, Firebird, and OLFs
bucknuts
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Z Buzz

Clip-on cupholder?

Postby peppermack » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:47 am

I just finished it up, I will get a couple pics this afternoon and post em.
peppermack
aint no salt in my game!

Postby Flipflat » Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:33 pm

bucknuts wrote:Peppermack and Flipflat-

please post pictures when it is done. I am curious too.

I saw one on cabela's website. I am wondering about insulated clip-on cupholder. I doubt there is one.

I'll def be posting some pics, looking forward to getting it in.
Flipflat
1000 Rated Poster

Next

Return to General Discussion