Dominator and Mamba

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Dominator and Mamba

Postby turso » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:49 am

slowarm wrote:Innova (& all the others): Please, no more new (fast) drivers with minimal differences.

Yeah, good luck with that.
Frank Delicious wrote:Every groove is a unique snowflake of suck.

NOS, PD, River, Roc3, Comet, Trident, Mercy, JOKERi, XXX
turso
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: My first putter

Postby slowarm » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:55 am

I know my plea doesn't make the world a better place :(

I used to be interested in trying the new stuff. My bag doesn't change a much, but it was fun to go to a soccer field nearby and try new discs. Last fall I got bored doing that. Most of the "new" discs have already been there for a while. "A faster Sidewinder", "a gliedier Wraith" etc...oh God, save me from this.

Had to come out and say this. Made me feel better. Now I shut up.
slowarm
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: flat S-MD2 (beaten)

Postby Pwingles » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:54 am

jubuttib wrote:If they're rating it -5 turn it's going to be less stable than either the Wahoo or Vulcan.

Just waiting for the 100g Blizzard Mamba.

I need a finnish to english sarcasm translator :)
Im waiting for the day when innova releases their next flippy driver and its just an upside down bowl, a flat wing and a huge dome But itll have a sick name like HNIC or something
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Gwoove

Postby turso » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:07 am

Explain to me how "HNIC" is a "sick" name?

turso

Postby Pwingles » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:45 am

Im sorry i guess my sense of humor doesnt translate well. When i say stuff in my head as im typing its in a certain tone that if heard would emphasize the sarcasm and un-seriousness of what im saying.

Try reading everything i say in morgan freemans voice
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Postby turso » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:50 am

Roc Lover wrote:Im sorry i guess my sense of humor doesnt translate well. When i say stuff in my head as im typing its in a certain tone that if heard would emphasize the sarcasm and un-seriousness of what im saying.

Try reading everything i say in morgan freemans voice

Freeman's voice helped!

turso

Postby Dbuntu » Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:15 pm

kern9787 wrote:Dx is where its going to be at. I'd have to get one and get a star fox dye on it. Cause that fuckers doing barrel rolls.

I'lll take eight!
1x Peppy
1x Slippy
1x Wolf
2x Falco
2x Fox
1x Arwing [from behind doing the roll, with that blue shit coming off the wings]
Thanks!
It is a poor carpenter who blames his tools
Dbuntu
Noob

Favorite Disc: All of them

Postby Star Shark » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:33 pm

The Dominator needs a stamp featuring Reed Timmer, just sayin.
-- Star Shark
Star Shark
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Ghost, Patriot, SL

Postby JR » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:32 am

We all know about the smeg that is the new fangled bestest and fastest crapola that comes out in ever shorter cycles. As if it were possible compared to the frenzy of the last few years. I'm more interested in C Cobras and C Stingrays than those discs in the faster speeds. And still even the slower discs sound familiar. Faster Roc? Buzzz? MD2? Shorter Leopard in wide diameter? Stalker?
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Pwingles » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:57 am

While i agree with you JR, these comparisons are coming from a couple places for a couple different reasons imo.
Disc companies themselves, would compare it to a popular disc then give a brief explanation of what is different and how.
Morons who compare every disc to the same 3 discs.
Forums, people tend to compare cuz it makes it easier to visualize for most instead of giving flight numbers to someone since those are only somewhat reliable as an information source since everyone is different
Also, its getting very hard to make an original disc nowadays,and even if they did, its not going to fly too drastically different than anything else thats been made previously.
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Postby victorb » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:36 pm

so the mamba is going to be a faster sidewinder, right? cobra, sidewinder, mamba?
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby JR » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:15 am

Roc Lover wrote:While i agree with you JR, these comparisons are coming from a couple places for a couple different reasons imo.
Disc companies themselves, would compare it to a popular disc then give a brief explanation of what is different and how.
Morons who compare every disc to the same 3 discs.
Forums, people tend to compare cuz it makes it easier to visualize for most instead of giving flight numbers to someone since those are only somewhat reliable as an information source since everyone is different
Also, its getting very hard to make an original disc nowadays,and even if they did, its not going to fly too drastically different than anything else thats been made previously.

I liked the Jokeri even though it isn't that far from a new Ringer which won't stay like that for long. Those are a little different from existing discs. Maybe if one broke in a Sinus far enough it could compete with those. What makes the Jokeri so great and differing from earlier discs is that it's so great in the wind, grippy while durable, long and not dump fading while being extraordinarily resistant to thrower errors for a non hog. But this behavior needs power. 400' with modern drivers. If you can add spin at pulled power that requirement would lessen.

River would also qualify as a pretty great disc that is unlike others. Regular followers may remember that i adore newest Beasts and i've never seen anything as straight with so much D and so low fade. River is a good compliment as a FW that can be thrown very far and powers down well while being fairly good for shaping although it tends to fall fast with too much anny vs the superb glide when flat. The Beast is not the same as it was so it's up to you to define if it's old hat or not. The ones from last year aren't like the old mold and don't fly like the new mold. You could say that the RR is in between the Beast and the River but both of those win in HSS department.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby keltik » Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:50 am

victorb wrote:so the mamba is going to be a faster sidewinder, right? cobra, sidewinder, mamba?

this is what I'm guessing too.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby keltik » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:59 pm

well the Mamba is a turnover disc but the Dominator is supposedly less stable than the Boss. I seen it on the Innova interweb page.

EDIT: they both have low PLHs

EDIT2: they said the Dominator goes in between the Boss and Katana. they may finally axe the Groove.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby Sagecoast » Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:08 pm

Not sure if anyone is interested, but at this minute there are still two Black Mambas at Disc Golf Values. They are pairing it with a Proto TeeDevil for $26.95.

Got mine :mrgreen:
Pure Sinus Tursas Roc3 Pain Gator River Saints Teebirds
Sagecoast
Noob

Favorite Disc: 166g River

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment