the fucks up with disc golf and drama queens

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: the fucks up with disc golf and drama queens

Postby BrotherDave » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:11 pm

Probably pretty lean from all that cute dancing it does.
Some discs of various sizes, weight, plastic and mold.
BrotherDave
Blue-footed booby fan

Favorite Disc: DX Blue Footed Booby

Postby BLURR » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:08 am

I agree with the title of this thread. Around this area there is a lot of prima donna bs from quite a few of the upper level players. It really does get tiresome hearing the same crap spewed over and over.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby EduCatOR » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:34 am

First off I apologize to Mike C for our *private* conversation, under loads of pressure at work, and that's generally never my style. Being that I wasn't here to defend myself from what he said we'll leave the chips where they lay.

I'll address this though:

JR wrote:I created a channel called Discgolfvideos one year before discgolfvids made his channel on Youtube. At that time there were all sorts of incompatibilities with browsers etc. with Youtube and i had no interest in debugging stuff after i read much of the fault was with ISPs. Not much i could do about that. Whole ISPs had no working accounts with exactly the same symptoms than i did. So i have not bothered with Youtube. But if that guy gives you hassle you might want to tell him he's a year late :-D And i'm open to donations. I'm thousands of bucks in the red with filming disc golf. So if he bothers anyone you can send his money claims back to his face by saying pay up to me using a similar name a year before him. I'd like to see his face then :-D

I couldn't care less what the name of a YT channel is. I don't make money from YouTube, and I don't have google adsense.You're saying I owe you thousands of bucks? What money claims?

Brian
EduCatOR
Noob

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Mike C » Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:21 am

Yeah I apologize myself. I don't think what you initially said was cool, but I went into asshole mode myself after you said it. Thanks for being cool about things and not holding a grudge and whatnot, I respect that.

Frank Delicious wrote:Tourneys aren't about winning merch for the people who get super competitive, it is about pitting themselves against other players and beating them.

Makes sense I guess. Maybe it was the 10 years of skating I did before I ever threw disc, but to me my passions are more about personal progression than how I relate to others. Like even if every other golfer in the world only threw 300' and I could throw 500' I'd still want to learn how to throw 550' because I think it is possible. Whenever I played SKATE with others it was always just for fun...seems like with golf some people take their scores, player ratings etc. pretty seriously. I dunno, I just hope when I dip my toes back in the competitive field sometime this year I have a positive experience.
Mike C
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Soft Ion

Postby JR » Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:37 am

EduCatOR wrote:First off I apologize to Mike C for our *private* conversation, under loads of pressure at work, and that's generally never my style. Being that I wasn't here to defend myself from what he said we'll leave the chips where they lay.

I'll address this though:

JR wrote:I created a channel called Discgolfvideos one year before discgolfvids made his channel on Youtube. At that time there were all sorts of incompatibilities with browsers etc. with Youtube and i had no interest in debugging stuff after i read much of the fault was with ISPs. Not much i could do about that. Whole ISPs had no working accounts with exactly the same symptoms than i did. So i have not bothered with Youtube. But if that guy gives you hassle you might want to tell him he's a year late :-D And i'm open to donations. I'm thousands of bucks in the red with filming disc golf. So if he bothers anyone you can send his money claims back to his face by saying pay up to me using a similar name a year before him. I'd like to see his face then :-D

I couldn't care less what the name of a YT channel is. I don't make money from YouTube, and I don't have google adsense.You're saying I owe you thousands of bucks? What money claims?

Brian

I don't recall and don't care to reread how Mike described the situation. I obviously think that the kind of names we have for Youtube channels are good, because i used one likeness :-) And if you look at my part in mfranssila and lcgm8 channels it should be obvious that i'm doing this video stuff for the good of all of the sport. In that spirit i have no trouble with anyone using whatever names. But claiming ownership of a term and any close terms is not ok because it limits people finding disc golf videos on Youtube. That would not serve the sport so that is why i don't like it. So obviously no legal hassle from my part and please lets keep things civil and keep the lawyers out. The sport has spent millions on lawyers and suffered for it. That dough should have been spent on something much more constructive. Lets be constructive and not repeat the mistakes of others.

I've seen your vids before this, please keep 'em coming.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Frank Delicious » Sat Jan 28, 2012 12:03 pm

Mike C wrote:
Frank Delicious wrote:Tourneys aren't about winning merch for the people who get super competitive, it is about pitting themselves against other players and beating them.

Makes sense I guess. Maybe it was the 10 years of skating I did before I ever threw disc, but to me my passions are more about personal progression than how I relate to others. Like even if every other golfer in the world only threw 300' and I could throw 500' I'd still want to learn how to throw 550' because I think it is possible. Whenever I played SKATE with others it was always just for fun...seems like with golf some people take their scores, player ratings etc. pretty seriously. I dunno, I just hope when I dip my toes back in the competitive field sometime this year I have a positive experience.

Well personal growth and competitive play are two separate things. I want to be great at disc golf but I use field practice and practice rounds to work on personal growth. When I'm playing a tourney I use that as a measuring stick to see how I compare to other players who I've played against in the past and know their skill level. Tourneys are a good way to see if your personal growth is paying off in a quantifiable way.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Working Stiff » Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:49 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:
Mike C wrote:

Well personal growth and competitive play are two separate things. I want to be great at disc golf but I use field practice and practice rounds to work on personal growth. When I'm playing a tourney I use that as a measuring stick to see how I compare to other players who I've played against in the past and know their skill level. Tourneys are a good way to see if your personal growth is paying off in a quantifiable way.
Wait till you get old. You can use disc golf to measure your personal regression. :oops:
Furthur wrote:Either get a lighter one, throw harder, or find a disc with more glide.
Working Stiff
Super Moderator of DGCR

Favorite Disc: Ontario Roc

Previous

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.