Video game season...recommendations?

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Video game season...recommendations?

Postby Flipflat » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:40 pm

jubuttib wrote:
Flipflat wrote:You like Catherine, eh? Cool concept, imo, but the camera makes it a bitch.
That description fits just about every Japanese game ever, at least the camera part.

Not so sure about that.

Catherine's camera is pretty broke, though. Good puzzle game for sure, but there's something wrong when the camera hinders the problem-solving.
I would like your X-Wasps, please.
Flipflat
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: buzzz

Postby Jeronimo » Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:55 pm

Kingdom of Amalur, check it out. Sounds awesome.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby BrohanSolo » Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:16 pm

Yea the combat is sickly addicting with a good rpg core storyline.
Athletes Train Movements, Not Muscles; you have to carry the engine.
BrohanSolo
Noob

Favorite Disc: Force

Postby Redisculous » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:01 pm

Still addicted to Dark Souls. I've got a couple hundred hours out of it and I still want to try different character builds for pvp.

I played skyrim for a couple weeks but it couldn't hold my interest for very long. It's a great game, I'm just addicted to the combat in dark souls. It's the only game that makes me want to jump out of my chair when I beat a difficult boss or own someone in pvp. Anyone who hasn't played it should rent it, it's one of those games you'll either love or hate.
Anode | Comet | Axis |Vector | PPD | SPD | CPD
Redisculous
Fairway Surgeon

Location: Southern Wisconsin, where the best courses are in Illinois!
Favorite Disc: Axis

Postby Flipflat » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:17 pm

BrohanSolo wrote:Yea the combat is sickly addicting with a good rpg core storyline.

steam?
I would like your X-Wasps, please.
Flipflat
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: buzzz

Postby Frank Delicious » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:03 pm

Mass Effect 3 is very good. The combat system has been tweaked well and melee combat is nice. pistols don't suck anymore and the balancing act between weapon weight and power recharge time is cool
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby vonDrehle » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:10 pm

I've been playing SSX it's pretty good. I used to play SSX: Trick a lot and it has taken all the fun things from that and just built on them. The wingsuits are especially fun. Only thing I miss is being able to actually hit your fellow racers off their boards. Also haven't come across any long boards yet. I used to love those in Tricky because visually I felt all the tricks looked better with the larger board.
vonDrehle
Steward Turkeylink: Has not seen The Godfather and is probably a horrible person

Favorite Disc: River

Postby Jeronimo » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:00 am

Just finished Saints Row the third and I haven't had that much fun in a console vidja game since the original Grand Theft Auto III hit the PS2 years ago. Saints Row was also full of the lulz.
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby JR » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:41 pm

Tropico3 is chock full of great banter. Like: "Politicians and diapers should both be changed frequently and for the same reason". And lots of other classics. A fun society building game that has maybe too much pull from different factions so that you aren't that free to do what you like but are more like running headlong to put out another fire.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Jesse B 707 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:59 pm

Man....UFC 3 needs another difficulty level, I stomp everyone with ease in Intermediate but languish for my whole career in the shitty fight promotions in Advanced :(
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby eg37167 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:09 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:Mass Effect 3 is very good. The combat system has been tweaked well and melee combat is nice. pistols don't suck anymore and the balancing act between weapon weight and power recharge time is cool

ME series got me seriously hooked on RPG. I love how as the series has evolved, your dialog and paragon/renegade choices carry consequences forward thru the games. Tried Dragon Age, but the 2nd game was sub-par for me. They tried to change too much.

ME3 is like building a cinematic experience as you play thru. More depth and dimensions than any other game I've ever played. I haven't completed it yet, but my son (who has) says the climax seems premature and did not carry as long as he would have liked. Makes me want to start over with the first game.

If you aren't sure if you would like it, wait until there are used copies available and try it. Really holds up to multiple plays.
eg37167
Tree Magnet

Postby Apathy » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:46 pm

Me3 is awesome til the subpar ending.....
Apathy
Tree Magnet

Postby jubuttib » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:05 pm

Fired up Richard Burns Rally, been a long time. Mainly because I wanted to try the RSRBR2012 mod for it, which includes a whole lot of tweaks, upgrades and a load of new cars and stages. Apart from the graphics the base game is still just as insanely good as it was back in 2004, and the RSRBR mod makes it even better. Still the only real choice if you want to go rallying on a computer.

Project CARS is also advancing by leaps and bounds. Cars that have had most physics work done on them recently feel quite honestly on par or better than any other sim that comes to mind. Apart from being the prettiest racing sim out there it's currently also the one that's quite simply most fun to drive, and gets better all the time. Unless something truly horrible happens with licensing cars and tracks, there's no way in hell this game won't sell at least a million copies (spread out over 4 platforms), and if it does I'm up a few hundred bucks. I really need to fork over another 50€ soon so that I can raise my profits into the 1000€ range...
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby jubuttib » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:32 pm

Just a heads up, pCARS will soon (in two weeks or so) complete funding, and after that you can't get in until it's released some time next year. If you still want in (and a share of the profits when it's all said and done) now is the time to do it. From where I'm looking at it's already the best single player racing sim at the moment, and it's only 20% done. Best fun I've had in a computer game so far. When multiplayer comes along...

The newest build brings the track total to 24 venues sporting 53 layouts, and the car count is currently at 17, with at least 4 currently under construction (including a 1990 NASCAR, if you're so inclined). If I'm not mistaken in the last 15 days we've gotten 10-12 new tracks/layouts and while there has been only one new car in that period, they've upgraded the physics and looks on many of them. Each week brings something new to ogle and the intention is that when the funding is completed they'll shift up a gear and go to full on production, no more lolly gagging. =)

Here are a couple of in-game screenshots taken by the user community (no renders and no photoshop) and fan made videos:

Last edited by jubuttib on Sat Mar 24, 2012 7:26 am, edited 4 times in total.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby Triflusal » Fri Mar 23, 2012 3:37 pm

MLG Columbus!!!!! starcraft 2!!!!!!!!!!!
Triflusal
Effective absolute Communicator

Favorite Disc: whamo malibu

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.