Re: 5-disc Battle Golf

Postby Jaysus » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:19 am

Jaysus wrote:
Jaysus wrote:soft Warlock
med Wizard
dx Roc
dx Roc
KC Roc

Yay! I won this time... and it only took me 6 holes - lol.

After seeing how icy the course was, I ditched 2 Rocs for 2 Teebirds thinking that I could use them for some stand still flick shots.

UPDATE: Played again last night ad had another winning combination in my bag: 2 Wizards and 3 Buzzzes

The Wizards were pretty much the same, in fact, I am working on making the one a back up to the other. I had 2 Z Buzzzes (178 and 171), and I had a totally super awesome Bells ESP Buzzz (171). It worked out well for me, it was a muddy night so I was able to walk up to and toss a clean disc with out really thinking about it ;)

Guy I played against rolled with 2 Challengers, 2 Buzzzes and a Stalker. After 7 holes, I had him down to one disc, but it took me 11 to finish him off.

Such a fun game, and it was useful for me as I have been a Roc thrower for a long time, but am pretty sure I am switching to the Buzzs for now.
Jaysus
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Dbuntu » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:22 pm

How would you make this into a game with 3 people?
Tried it out this afternoon carrying over when nobody won/lost the hole.
It seemed great until someone finally does win out and collects 4 discs in one go.
It is a poor carpenter who blames his tools
Dbuntu
Noob

Favorite Disc: All of them

Postby ChrisWoj » Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:22 am

Pro D Challenger
2 ESP Zones
2 Ch-Glo Firebirds

This is if we're specifically talking my original home course.

Up here where I live now, the two private courses at work - I'd probably go with the Bird-Zone-Challenger again on the lower course. On the upper course I'd swap it up to... 2 Challengers, 1 CryZtal Buzzz, 2 Firebirds.
ChrisWoj
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: ProD Challenger

Postby Thatdirtykid » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:04 pm

This sounds like fun. I would probably play:
Ion
Ion
cyclone
Cyclone
Cyclone

The two discs I can do anything with. This way losing a disc or two wouldn't hinder me too much.

Cyclone instead of pred or comet cause cyclones cover mid and driver duties well. Power down well and all.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby Jaysus » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:55 am

Jaysus wrote:
Jaysus wrote:
Jaysus wrote:soft Warlock
med Wizard
dx Roc
dx Roc
KC Roc

Yay! I won this time... and it only took me 6 holes - lol.

After seeing how icy the course was, I ditched 2 Rocs for 2 Teebirds thinking that I could use them for some stand still flick shots.

UPDATE: Played again last night ad had another winning combination in my bag: 2 Wizards and 3 Buzzzes

Update: I won again last night! I am 2 for 2 with this setup now (well close to this set up). The only difference is that I subbed out the heavy z Buzzz for an brand new ESP Meteor that I just got and had not thrown yet.

The 1st three holes were rough for me (I even picked the hole we started on). 2 of the 1st 3 holes were birdie holes that I bogied, and on the the 3rd my opponent missed the mando, but I still couldn't beat him :(

So I was down 2 discs quick before coming back and winning with a few holes to spare. Good times.
Jaysus
1000 Rated Poster

Postby craftsman » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:48 pm

I finally talked someone into playing this today and had a lot of fun.
I thought i had my bag figured out with a 2challenger, 2wasp, & clone setup but he pulled a fast one and pickes a short course, bandamer in ann arbor, so i went with 2 challengers, magnet, & 2 comets vs his challenger, buzzz, wasp, drone, meteor.

He started off well taking my heavy challenger and rr comet, essentially my only discs with some overatability. I came back, taking his only putter; being a very aggressive spin putter, this lead to him falling apart on a hilled green.

Second rd i went 2 challengers, 2 comets, & swaped the magnet for a clone, figuring i could gain a lil distance and power down for a lil overstability. He went 2 challengers, wasp, buzzz, meteor.
I took his wasp, then buzzz but eventually tied in number of discs due to me trying to get greedy with the clone.

Not only was this a ton of fun but i learned a weakness in my game, powering down.
Thank you :)
craftsman
Noob

Favorite Disc: challenger

Postby DiscerBob » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:48 pm

I'd run with:
Wraith
Teebird
NukeOS
Roc
Wizard SS
DiscerBob
Noob

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Hyzerline49 » Mon May 28, 2012 8:52 pm

i'd like to dig this thread out from way back when. but i'd have to go with:
destroyer
teebird
predator
roc
wizard
Forces - Orcs - Banshees - Eagles - Wasps - Rocs - Zones - Wizards
Hyzerline49
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Ching Roc

Postby JR » Tue May 29, 2012 12:35 am

My setup would change from course to course and according to the weather conditions despite trying to find discs that work well in both calm and stormy conditions. With 5 discs only people should be detailing the most used core discs of the bag anyway. So if it ain't raining opaque 168 soft Ion for putts, varying beefier driving putter for different flight paths, varying due to fairway shapes, grip tackiness (cold, wet), on some courses Star Aviar P&A for tighter right bends than the Ion, Buzzz/Coyote or both if Aviar doesn't make it, Surge SS (Beasts grew flippier for me over the winter storage or power increase?), Blizzard Boss 155. Those are the ones i'd choose from so to get the drivers i'd need to ditch the Aviar first but on my home course i don't need drivers at all for any other than one shot. There Boss would be substituted for a Gator. Which exact setup it would be has several combinations for any given time of day per course which would make listing the combos meaningless.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby fore » Tue May 29, 2012 8:00 am

Spike wrote:You may want to try the opposite though: Choose what 3 discs (different ones) your opponent has to use!

Optomizer, Epic, beat-to-crap Maximizer. :lol:

Battle Golf bag:
Ibex
Ridge
Sole (2)
Summit
fore
Noob

Favorite Disc: Phenix

Postby AcesAZ » Wed May 30, 2012 9:57 pm

5 Nuke OS max weight.
AcesAZ
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Shark

Postby DiscGolfDan » Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:04 am

2 soft Wizards
FLX Buzzz
Star Valk
Star Orc

I think I might just play this today with some friends.
masterbeato wrote:if you need to as a last resort, i really agree with the sniper idea, but paintball rifle, but instead fill the pellets with traces of syphilis, herpes, or pure magnesium citrate and have the worst case of diarrhea ever.
DiscGolfDan
Noob

Favorite Disc: Wizard Buzzz Viking

5-disc Battle Golf

Postby Cavere » Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:33 am

Farting lemon katana
Flick
Qk ll
Axis
Anode
katana--Boss--Surge--Orc--Monster--Roadrunner--Eagle--Buzz--FR Ion
subject to change almost each and every day!
Cavere
Noob

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby Alexx » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:39 pm

Do you get to choose which discs you give up or do they choose?
Alexx
Noob

Favorite Disc: valkarie

Postby Jaysus » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:36 am

Alexx wrote:Do you get to choose which discs you give up or do they choose?

Part of the strategy is choosing which discs to take from your opponent ;)

That being said, if you are just playing with friends the two of you could do it however you want.
Jaysus
1000 Rated Poster

Previous

Return to General Discussion