Wanted: Porcelain firm Wizards

A place where people can buy, sell, and trade disc golf equipment. Trade at your own risk.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Wanted: Porcelain firm Wizards

Postby tbird888 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:02 pm

I am on the hunt for the finest of Gateway's fine china porcelain firm Wizards. I want the closest thing to an inflexible flightplate as I can find, and from what I understand those are the '04-'06 era untooled and/or circle tooled firms. I would like them 172+ and in every stage of wear but definitely want to find a couple new ones. I usually prefer to buy Wizards in pairs but definitely won't be picky in this case.

I also wouldn't mind black Battlestar protos and red OGs, preferably new.

This is my first Buy/Sell/Trade experience here so no feedback. I do have 100% positive on DGCR but will more than likely be buying over trading since I don't have much in the way of valuable discs. Thanks for looking!
tbird888
Noob

Favorite Disc: Pure

Re: Wanted: Porcelain Wizards

Postby Flipflat » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:49 pm

I would like your X-Wasps, please.
Flipflat
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: buzzz

Re: Wanted: Porcelain Wizards

Postby Booter » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:54 pm

he wants the old firm wizards

ive never seen those super stupid stiffs? those supposed to be modern day firms?
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Re: Wanted: Porcelain firm Wizards

Postby roman » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:02 pm

I think that's just what Clearwater calls them. I've seen lots of the "Medium" Wizards that are as stiff, if not stiffer than the old firm Wizards. I'm sure they still make them, but "Medium" is now the firmest label they have. If you want the rock hard Wizards, just ask around retailers for medium flex Wizards that feel like porcelain plates. I'm sure someone will have them. If anything, e-mail Gateway themselves and let them know what you're looking for.
roman
Fairway Surgeon

Postby tbird888 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:32 pm

I actually bought a couple of Clearwater's SSStiffs a while back (one is a stock stamped medium, the other has the store stamp - both lavender). While they are pretty firm they are softer than the large circle tooled firm I just bought, and it looks like it has seen years of battle. In the current tooling, I have tried those lavenders, a couple whites, a cream, and a red Medium. Only the whites are (slightly) firmer than that one firm, and they are new. If my firm is as hard as it is after that much use, I know they get firmer than the whites. I really don't want to spend a ton of money buying any more current tooleds only to find they don't cut the muster so I'm going to stick to my guns and hope I can find a few kind souls to help me out. Thank you for the quick responses though.
tbird888
Noob

Postby Solty » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:49 pm

tbird888 wrote:I actually bought a couple of Clearwater's SSStiffs a while back (one is a stock stamped medium, the other has the store stamp - both lavender). While they are pretty firm they are softer than the large circle tooled firm I just bought, and it looks like it has seen years of battle. In the current tooling, I have tried those lavenders, a couple whites, a cream, and a red Medium. Only the whites are (slightly) firmer than that one firm, and they are new. If my firm is as hard as it is after that much use, I know they get firmer than the whites. I really don't want to spend a ton of money buying any more current tooleds only to find they don't cut the muster so I'm going to stick to my guns and hope I can find a few kind souls to help me out. Thank you for the quick responses though.

i should have a couple in the basement..ill look later tonite
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby tbird888 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:31 pm

Thank you Solty for taking a look. I hope you find some!

Does anybody else have a firm or two for me? Battlestar proto or Red OG?
tbird888
Noob

Postby tbird888 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:22 pm

Back to the top. Come on guys. I know someone has to have a firm or two.
tbird888
Noob

Postby curt » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:52 am

I've got one that's been in my trunk for a while. I've tried throwing it several times, but I never can get used to the super firm feel of it. PM and maybe we can work something out.
curt
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Rawww!

Postby tbird888 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:23 pm

Thanks curt. Sent you a PM.

Anybody else have one for me? I also wouldn't mind a battlestar proto or red OG.
tbird888
Noob

Postby Craig Smolin » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:41 am

Once upon a time, I had three of these ... a blue, a silver, and a yellow ... all that I have left is the yellow ... and it is indeed a brick ... you've made me think about breaking it out though, as my medium is starting to turn over ...
The University of Michigan - "Hail to the Victors" - Class of '99
Drivers: TLs, Sidewinders, Wraiths
Mid-ranges: Shark, Meteor, Buzzz, Wasp
Putters: Wizards
Craig Smolin
Tree Magnet

Postby mojorisin35 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:39 pm

I have a black proto that is bullet proof. Any westside or lat 64 to trade?
mojorisin35
Noob

Favorite Disc: buzz

Return to Buy/Sell/Trade