Talking Disc Golf With Dave Feldberg

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Talking Disc Golf With Dave Feldberg

Postby chainchaser » Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:54 pm

When: Wednesday February 8, 9 PM EST
Where: Disc Golf Talk Radio Live

Getting Dave back on the show just to hang and talk some disc golf. This will be a real laid back show. I just thought what better way to start off the new season then with the man that I first interviewed. Dave has has been a great friend of the show which I truly do appreciate.

If you have anything you would like to ask dave just list them here. Also if you get a talkshoe account and stop by before the show I will let you ask your question personally on the air live!!!!
chainchaser
Tree Magnet
User avatar
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:46 am
Favorite Disc: Surge SS

Re: Talking Disc Golf With Dave Feldberg

Postby Frank Delicious » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:49 pm

- Which plays a bigger factor in choosing a disc for a shot or hole? Distance or shape of the line?

- which other mid ranges does he use besides rocs?

- Does he thinks rollers are becoming a bigger part of the pro game?

- what's he think of the Pro Worlds schedule for the year?
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown
User avatar
 
Posts: 12364
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:43 pm
Location: Drowning in a cold river
Favorite Disc: Wraith

Re: Talking Disc Golf With Dave Feldberg

Postby JHern » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:30 am

Frank Delicious wrote:- what's he think of the Pro Worlds schedule for the year?


I looked it up...Nevin was established in 2009. Bradford in 2011. Renny (1998) is older, but appears to have been extensively modified in recent times.

In other words, how the hell can Feldy even answer this question, or any other non-NC disc golfer? This set-up favors local players, of course...

...But the same is true of last year's worlds, which had 1 well-established course (DeLaveaga) and 3 very new courses (Pinto Lake, CSUMB, Ryan Ranch). Plus Feldberg got some wicked poison oak last year, along with Nikko Locastro...definitely the local players knew to stay out of the stuff these guys were swimming in just a few days before the start of the tournament. You never really know all of the possible local factors that are going to make a big difference for the out-of-towners until the tournament begins.

Frank: which course do you think will yield the greatest scoring separation for MPO-level players?
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!
User avatar
 
Posts: 2621
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:50 am
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Favorite Disc: Clutch

Re: Talking Disc Golf With Dave Feldberg

Postby jgheels1999 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:02 am

Nevin should be the killer on the schedule. Awesome course, but it is by far the least forgiving. One bad shot or unlucky landing/tree strike and most holes make a par save impossible.
ION, jokeri, Fuse, Axis, River, TB, Valk
Aces: Hole #11 Stumpy Creek 290' 170 S Ion
jgheels1999
Noob
User avatar
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:56 am
Location: Greensboro, NC
Favorite Disc: Ion

Re: Talking Disc Golf With Dave Feldberg

Postby JR » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:56 pm

One of the angles of pitching disc golf to new people that the PDGA uses is that it is a life time sport. I know Dave has had health issues and he has experience in the PDGA and from a touring pro point of view. What should a current, a future player and the PDGA do to ensure as healthy disc golf career as possible? And what should be done to promote the sport to medical care professionals as rehabilitation to their patients? And preventive care for the rest.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia
User avatar
 
Posts: 11538
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:07 am
Location: Finland, sea level
Favorite Disc: About to ace

Re: Talking Disc Golf With Dave Feldberg

Postby Frank Delicious » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:45 pm

JHern wrote:
Frank Delicious wrote:- what's he think of the Pro Worlds schedule for the year?


I looked it up...Nevin was established in 2009. Bradford in 2011. Renny (1998) is older, but appears to have been extensively modified in recent times.

In other words, how the hell can Feldy even answer this question, or any other non-NC disc golfer? This set-up favors local players, of course...

...But the same is true of last year's worlds, which had 1 well-established course (DeLaveaga) and 3 very new courses (Pinto Lake, CSUMB, Ryan Ranch). Plus Feldberg got some wicked poison oak last year, along with Nikko Locastro...definitely the local players knew to stay out of the stuff these guys were swimming in just a few days before the start of the tournament. You never really know all of the possible local factors that are going to make a big difference for the out-of-towners until the tournament begins.

Frank: which course do you think will yield the greatest scoring separation for MPO-level players?


I was really more talking about only playing 3 instead of 4+ like other years.

Anyway I would say Renny Gold.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown
User avatar
 
Posts: 12364
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:43 pm
Location: Drowning in a cold river
Favorite Disc: Wraith

Re: Talking Disc Golf With Dave Feldberg

Postby chainchaser » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:46 am

Yea sorry about that last night guys!! Dave had to cancel last minute but i hope you enjoyed the interview with Ricky Wysocki!! I will be talking with dave this week and hopefully schedule him very soon
chainchaser
Tree Magnet
User avatar
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:46 am
Favorite Disc: Surge SS

Re: Talking Disc Golf With Dave Feldberg

Postby Chuck Kennedy » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:06 am

Frank Delicious wrote:I was really more talking about only playing 3 instead of 4+ like other years.

3 courses played in PW2007 and PW2010. That's the goal for pros is to play three courses twice in the prelims if possible.
Chuck Kennedy
1000 Rated Poster
 
Posts: 1652
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:42 pm
Location: Twin Cities

Re: Talking Disc Golf With Dave Feldberg

Postby Frank Delicious » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:52 am

Chuck Kennedy wrote:
Frank Delicious wrote:I was really more talking about only playing 3 instead of 4+ like other years.

3 courses played in PW2007 and PW2010. That's the goal for pros is to play three courses twice in the prelims if possible.


So how does Feldberg feel about this?
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown
User avatar
 
Posts: 12364
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:43 pm
Location: Drowning in a cold river
Favorite Disc: Wraith

Re: Talking Disc Golf With Dave Feldberg

Postby juju » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:27 am

The touring guys probably like it since they only have to practice three courses. Everyone else probably wants to play as many as they can while they are on 'vacation' for a week.
juju
Fairway Surgeon
 
Posts: 768
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:15 pm
Favorite Disc: First Run Buzzz

Re: Talking Disc Golf With Dave Feldberg

Postby Chuck Kennedy » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:31 am

It would be a good question although the traveling pros like Dave are the ones who have pressed over the years for using fewer courses in NTs and Major events for pro divisions to reduce the amount of practice time required and home boy bias. On the other hand, ams seem to prefer more courses versus caring as much whether they have practiced a course even once or get to play them more than once in the event.
Chuck Kennedy
1000 Rated Poster
 
Posts: 1652
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:42 pm
Location: Twin Cities

Re: Talking Disc Golf With Dave Feldberg

Postby abcd » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:44 am

ask him if nikko has signed with innova yet
abcd
Tree Magnet
 
Posts: 273
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:54 pm

Re: Talking Disc Golf With Dave Feldberg

Postby JHern » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:06 pm

abcd wrote:ask him if nikko has signed with innova yet


:? Why don't you ask him yourself?
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!
User avatar
 
Posts: 2621
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:50 am
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Favorite Disc: Clutch

Re: Talking Disc Golf With Dave Feldberg

Postby JHern » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:03 pm

Dave was being a jackass to both Nikko and Will last weekend. He was telling them during the round that he was going to kick them out of his RV, and that they need to find another ride to Vegas. It made a very bad impression.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!
User avatar
 
Posts: 2621
Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 1:50 am
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Favorite Disc: Clutch

Re: Talking Disc Golf With Dave Feldberg

Postby turso » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:24 pm

JHern wrote:Dave was being a jackass to both Nikko and Will last weekend. He was telling them during the round that he was going to kick them out of his RV, and that they need to find another ride to Vegas. It made a very bad impression.


I'm SURE he was dead serious.
Frank Delicious wrote:Every groove is a unique snowflake of suck.


NOS, PD, River, Roc3, Comet, Trident, Mercy, JOKERi, XXX
turso
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions
User avatar
 
Posts: 1212
Joined: Sat Mar 06, 2010 3:45 pm
Location: Finland, Kuopio
Favorite Disc: FR Roc3

Next

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests