Danforth's Disc Demolition Derby

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Danforth's Disc Demolition Derby

Postby Danforth » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:27 pm

After having played out of a 8-9 disc bag, it forced me to accept disc minimalism and I think I've got something that works now, here's what i'm throwing.

(2)175g organic Voodoos - 90% of putt and approach duties
175g M Voodoo - OS appraches & headwind putting
150 class Aero - low power touch shots, downhill & downwind approaches, tailwind putting.

170g X Comet, seasoned - straight to turnovers
178g Z Comet - straight
(My current thinking is that OS mids are useless, am I high on crack?)

162g DX Teebird - turnovers
(2)167g Champ Teebirds - workhorse driver
175g Star Teebird - slight overstable work
175g Champ Firebird - headwinds, forhand drives and fades
168g Pro Orc - S curves and distance (I can't get faster discs to fly significantly further than this one)

Well, what are your thoughts?
VoodooWizardBuzzLeoT-BirdFirebirdProSF

"Hitler and Mussolini were only the primary spokesmen for the attitude of domination and craving for power that are in the heart of almost everyone. Until the source is cleared, there will always be confusion and hate, wars and class antagonisms." - Jiddu Krishnamurti
Danforth
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: TeeChicken

Re: Danforth's Disc Demolition Derby

Postby keltik » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:36 pm

what do you consider an OS mid? a Roc is not an OS mid btw. but I will say I'm on the same wave as you and I tend to reach for a "neutral" mid most often.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby Danforth » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:28 pm

keltik wrote:what do you consider an OS mid? a Roc is not an OS mid btw.

Certian runs of Rocs have been pretty beefy, what i'd call OS. I've thrown Drones in the past, but came to the conclusion that I can power down on a FB to do the same thing 99.999% of the time.

but I will say I'm on the same wave as you and I tend to reach for a "neutral" mid most often.

Actually, flippy mids are the ones I'm using the most lately. When you power down on a Leo or beat DX TB, they straighten out. A midrange turnover is a shot I use on almost every course at some point. For straight mid shots, I can power down on a TB to cover those shots.

"Hitler and Mussolini were only the primary spokesmen for the attitude of domination and craving for power that are in the heart of almost everyone. Until the source is cleared, there will always be confusion and hate, wars and class antagonisms." - Jiddu Krishnamurti
Danforth
Fairway Surgeon

Postby keltik » Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:38 pm

how beat is this TB? and what range are you talking about for this straight shot?

yes I agree that something like the Drone can be extraneous.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby Danforth » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:12 pm

keltik wrote:how beat is this TB? and what range are you talking about for this straight shot?

They're not really beat up, just seasoned. They're domey 12X's that are less stable to begin with. I throw them for shots starting at 275' out to 375'.

Danforth
Fairway Surgeon

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion