Motorcycle Mayhem

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Motorcycle Mayhem

Postby Danforth » Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:59 pm

I ride a Nighthawk 750... everywhere.

It's almost like a car to me.

Even ridden it offroad some.

I'm building a 78 Yamaha XS650 as a vintage cafe racer.

Talk about your love of motorcycles but please, for the love of god, no Hardly Duminsons!!! :mrgreen:
VoodooWizardBuzzLeoT-BirdFirebirdProSF

"Hitler and Mussolini were only the primary spokesmen for the attitude of domination and craving for power that are in the heart of almost everyone. Until the source is cleared, there will always be confusion and hate, wars and class antagonisms." - Jiddu Krishnamurti
Danforth
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: TeeChicken

Re: Motorcycle Mayhem

Postby jubuttib » Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:09 am

I hope for your sake you're upgrading the brakes and shocks to modern standards, those things are just plain dangerous with vintage parts. Beautiful though.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby Danforth » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:36 am

jubuttib wrote:I hope for your sake you're upgrading the brakes and shocks to modern standards, those things are just plain dangerous with vintage parts. Beautiful though.

Yes, I've upraded to twin front discs, a new master cylinder and braided stainless lines all around. The rear disc is more than adequate, all i did was drill holes in the rotor and add a stainless line.

The rear shocks are newer Koni units and the front springs are Progressive. I'm considering adding cartdidge emulators in the future.

The engine is getting a slight warm up with a Shell #1 cam, 2mm overbore J&E 10.5:1 pistons, 2 into 1 exhaust and carbs off of a Ninja 500. 8)

"Hitler and Mussolini were only the primary spokesmen for the attitude of domination and craving for power that are in the heart of almost everyone. Until the source is cleared, there will always be confusion and hate, wars and class antagonisms." - Jiddu Krishnamurti
Danforth
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Danforth » Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:49 pm

bump.

Don't tell me there's ony 2 people on this site who like motorcycles! :shock:

Danforth
Fairway Surgeon

Postby turso » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:12 pm

Oh I love bikes, but way too fucking poor to buy one. They cost hellish amounts in finland, the insurance is skyhigh and the bike season is around 5 months a year. And that's with cold shitty rainy seasons included.
Frank Delicious wrote:Every groove is a unique snowflake of suck.

NOS, PD, River, Roc3, Comet, Trident, Mercy, JOKERi, XXX
turso
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: My first putter

Postby jubuttib » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:59 pm

Exactly same situation here actually. And apart from the price of the bikes and the weather, getting a motorcycle license is starting to get prohibitively expensive these days. When I first looked into getting one it was somewhere around 500 euros total, now it's almost doubled, and the price goes up every year. You'd basically have to spring for 15k USD or something to get a license and a beginner bike.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby eky8 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:53 am

My other love. Although I currently don't have one. Used to ride a 1990 VFR. Saving money to buy a new Triumph Street Triple R.

Your project sounds like it would be a lot of fun.

Huge motorcycle roadracing fan here too. MotoGP, WSBK, whatever. it's all good.
eky8
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: The last one I dyed

Postby jubuttib » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:13 pm

Tourist Trophy racing ftw. =)
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby AciDBatH666 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 3:50 pm

I ride the anti-Harley Harley.

AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Flat Top Roc

Postby jubuttib » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:01 pm

That looks pretty much like a Harley-Harley to me. This is more like the Anti-Harley Harley.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby Flipflat » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:34 pm

AciDBatH666 wrote:I ride the anti-Harley Harley.

Badass bike right there.
I would like your X-Wasps, please.
Flipflat
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: buzzz

Postby AciDBatH666 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 5:41 pm

jubuttib wrote:That looks pretty much like a Harley-Harley to me. This is more like the Anti-Harley Harley.

Look into it. It's the only Harley that's water cooled and has overhead cams. Revo motor was co-designed by Porsche
Die hard Harley fanatics can't stand it. It is truly the black sheep of the HD family.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Flat Top Roc

Postby jubuttib » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:23 am

The fact that die hard Harley fanatics don't like it doesn't mean much to the rest of us. It's still very much Harley Harley. =)

But don't get me wrong, I do quite like Harleys, and that's definitely the best engine they ever did. Does it suffer from Harley's unreliability by the way? If there's one thing I've heard from Harley riders it's that you really shouldn't go any distance with them without a tool set. No major breakdowns, just require constant tweaking.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.