a.k's bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: a.k's bag

Postby JeCroisQue » Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:12 pm

Ya, I found it funny that when I disced down for a while I actually upped my game. After about a month or two of having a slow bag (A teebird and leopard were my fastest discs), I put all the stuff back in my bag a couple of days ago and shot par on my home course for the first time ever today. Keep at it, it will do wonders for your game. It forced me to pick the "smart" lines on the course and work on my putting, but, I noticed the most improvement in my approach shots.
JeCroisQue
Noob

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby a.k » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:13 pm

It's weird though, it's hard to think i used to shoot under with just a star boss and an aviar after i started, i shot my best round still a month after starting it was a -7 on 18 lol
a.k
Noob

Favorite Disc: md-2

Postby a.k » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:50 am

Update! Went out and threw yesterday and took out the tee bird today didn't find myself needing it and the eagles can do what ever a tee bird does
a.k
Noob

Postby JeCroisQue » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:51 pm

a.k wrote:Update! Went out and threw yesterday and took out the tee bird today didn't find myself needing it and the eagles can do what ever a tee bird does

Wrong! A Teebird can do whatever an Eagle does. Haha, JK, to each his own. One of my main rules for my game: as long as it's working, keep throwing it.
JeCroisQue
Noob

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby a.k » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:25 pm

Haha ! With my luck it won't work this weekend when I play lol
a.k
Noob

Postby a.k » Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:17 pm

Another update!
Firebird
C and s pd
3 sex different wear
Md2
Comets
Wizard- head wind putt and drives
Aviar
Pyscho
a.k
Noob

Postby a.k » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:29 pm

alright been working on my form for a while and think it's finally getting to where I want it. Today I was throwing the furthest I have ever thrown and made some changes to my bag as well. I just shot 3 down at credit island with this set up
High SpeedDrivers
175 Star destroyer
175 Champ Archon
Fairway Drivers
172 Champ Teebird
175 Star Eagle
172 Star Eagle
175 Star firebird
Mids
175 Z Comet (beat)
172 Z comet (newish)
177 Z buzz
Putters
174 M Ion
172 S Anode
175 D P2
a.k
Noob

Postby a.k » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:38 pm

Updates: starting to throw with a lot more snap/ power i can push the ion in my bag 300-320 on a good day, and destroyer well over 400.
High speed drivers:
Star destroyer 175
Blizz Ape-testing
Beat pro wraith
Non max D Drivers
Z-predator
FR S-Pd- testing
Star teebird
Dx teebird
S-FD
Dx cheetah- understable utility
Mids
beat Z comet- floaty right turning/ approaches
C-md beat, turns in head winds
Z wasp- it's my buddies I'm trying it out
Z hornet same as the wasp
Putters-
organic wizard- main putter
Soft wizard main approaches/thrower
ion- basically flys like a longer wizard so I like to keep it in the bag for extra long putter throws

I know there is some overlap right now, but still getting all the fat kicked from the bag and finding what works for me
a.k
Noob

Postby JR » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:37 am

Regular Apes aren't that special compared to PD2. Could you give your experiences of the Bliz Ape in the equipment section Bliz thread please?
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby a.k » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:37 am

some changes

Star boss175- found this the other day, flies further than the destroyer so it's in right now
Blizz Ape- still testing wish it was heavier, it's to light
Non max D Drivers
Z-predator
FR S-Pd- found a place in the bag, longer tee bird 350-400 foot shots anything shorter i use tee bird
Star teebird
Dx teebird
S-FD
Dx cheetah- understable utility
Mids
C-md2- straight with little fade, had some oat issues at first
Kc-pro roc- new, overstable for winds the md2 can't take
Putters-
organic wizard- main putter
Soft wizard main approaches/thrower
d-pyschos 175- trying these out since the plastic on the wizards does not last for anything they are warping already just from basket hits
a.k
Noob

Postby a.k » Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:39 am

updates:
Max D:
star destroyer: anything over 450
c-pd2- like the mold a lot wondering if a p line would replace the star destroyer
Non max d:
FR S pd- this thing is money, can take headwinds very well
p-pd-straight as an arrow
S-td- long range under stable or hyzer flips
S-fd- only fairway driver can do anything
Z-predator- overstable stuff
Dx-cheetah- thrashed, understable utility
Mids:
2 C-md2- main mid range can take anything you want it to love it
Kc Roc- only for strong headwinds, thinking of replacing it with a vector once it loses it's stability
Putters:
S-Anode- wish this was a medium but used for drives and approaches
M-Ion- main putter, just switched to this because in the Iowa heat the psychos were too gummy for my liking

any suggestions??
a.k
Noob

Postby JR » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:17 pm

Which plastic Psychos you had? S-Line is way stiffer than D so it should be good in the heat. M Anode is great but so is Opto Pure too. Vector ain't as good in headwinds as other overstable mids like the Gator, Sentinel, Drone, Wasp (not that overstable at your power) and the Zone even though i've heard it's classified as a putter. It is so fast and overstable in ESP that even for your power i think it needs a headwind to get anywhere=mid distance. For me most of my KC Rocs weren't that great for anything more than moderate headwinds so you may have a good one i'd hold on to it.

You have way way longer disc options for max D than the Destroyer and the PD2 in any plastic. A P PD2 would be great for you for long controllable driver that ain't fazed by most winds. Or calm weather left finishes. Check out Blizzzard Bosses for max D or high 160s ESP Nukes. Lower weights at your power are probably too flippy and Iowa probably has enough winds to make minimal weight Nukes unusable.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby a.k » Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:06 pm

yeah i had some d line psychos they would turn to mush which is sad because I really like them, I think I am going to try a blizzard boss for a max D driver with no wind, I just swapped the destroyer and pd2 for a couple Star bosses I had at home, one is beat in perfect and one is a pig which replaced the pd2 for me for the time being, and I have been thinking of trying a Star or champ gator for a try overstable mid, but haven't needed one yet :) and yeah iowa can get some pretty nasty winds so days which is no fun ha
a.k
Noob

Postby JR » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:40 pm

Your preference for thumb placement and dome height for grip comfort may come to play in hot weather. With your power i imagine that putting the thumb on the flight plate of a Blizzard will sink in a lot. I'd check that first before buying a disc. If it feels nasty i'd get a Nuke or a VIP King with tall dome and no drooping in the outside edge for max D.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby a.k » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:51 pm

md2s are out for right now, roc's were working much better so I threw them back in.
Max D
Star Boss x 2- one floppy one stable for winds
Pro Boss- found on the course figured I'd leave it in not sure how it flies yet
Non max d:
FR S pd- headwinds
p-pd-straight with a little turn
2x S-pd- most used driver
S-td- long range under stable or hyzer flips
S-fd- only fairway driver can do anything
Z-predator- overstable stuff
Dx-cheetah- thrashed, understable utility
Mids:
dx roc- beating it up for beaten roc
3x Kc Roc- new, newish, beat to straight
Star gator- my buddy gave me this and it is money
Putters:
S-Anode- wish this was a medium but used for drives and approaches
M-Ion- main putter, just switched to this because in the Iowa heat the psychos were too gummy for my liking
a.k
Noob

PreviousNext

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion