Disc Flight Ratings Chart

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Disc Flight Ratings Chart

Postby NoLifeLeft » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:54 pm

There have been a lot of discs coming out as of late, I imagine there is some serious work to be done.
NoLifeLeft
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: a whole bag of 'em

Postby Smyith » Wed May 18, 2011 7:33 am

whats the word on the update?
OrionLF-Vulcan-Destroyer-Leopard-Ontario-Rancho-Rhyno-Aviar
***Always looking for 1.1 Sirius Orion LFs (SOLF)-will pay $$$ or trade***
Need Air/Water filters or HVAC service/supply?
ApprovedComfort.com - Servicing the Greater Chicagoland Area and more
AllKindsofFilters.com - Use code 'discgolf' to receive a special discount
Smyith
Tree Magnet

Postby Sean40474 » Wed May 18, 2011 8:56 am

Who are all the folks that assist with updating that document? I mean those that throw the discs to help make the determination.
It's all about discipline and focused practice!

masterbeato wrote:...900 feet, everybody is happy.
Sean40474
Colonel Cleavage

Favorite Disc: PDGazelle/Comet/Pure

Postby char@gottagogottathrow » Thu May 19, 2011 1:52 pm

The updated flight chart is on the site - www.gottagogottathrow.com

We now also have an Android app available. We are working on apps for other phones also.
Char Majeski
www.gottagogottathrow.com
char@gottagogottathrow.com
877-347-2465
763-593-7690
char@gottagogottathrow
Tree Magnet

Postby jubuttib » Mon May 23, 2011 4:05 pm

I'm pretty sure you should move the DD Hysteria down a few pegs on the list. It's basically a more overstable Wraith, and doesn't really belong between the PD2 and Boss, IMHO. The fact that the DD2 is listed so low also confuses me, but fair enough.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby Crosseyed0811 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:26 am

char@gottagogottathrow wrote:The updated flight chart is on the site - http://www.gottagogottathrow.com

We now also have an Android app available. We are working on apps for other phones also.

Who is working on the Android app? I think it would be really cool if they could add a feature to show/hide certain Manufacturers and Power Levels. Like I'm looking for good beginner discs, only Power Level 1's would be good for this person, let me just look at those discs... Or I don't have the snap to make the best of Power 6 discs, don't show them right now. I don't think this would be very hard to do (I'm not just a random guy saying that, I am a software developer) but I don't know if its something that is planned or not. Would be awesome!
Crosseyed0811
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Zero Hard Pure

Postby Smyith » Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:50 pm

what was the flight ratings of the reaper on joes chart? plz and thank u
OrionLF-Vulcan-Destroyer-Leopard-Ontario-Rancho-Rhyno-Aviar
***Always looking for 1.1 Sirius Orion LFs (SOLF)-will pay $$$ or trade***
Need Air/Water filters or HVAC service/supply?
ApprovedComfort.com - Servicing the Greater Chicagoland Area and more
AllKindsofFilters.com - Use code 'discgolf' to receive a special discount
Smyith
Tree Magnet

Postby Amateur » Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:49 pm

Reaper was 0 hss 3 lss IIRC.
PD - Valkyrie - Buzzz - Challenger
Amateur
MMMM drop your juicy 'maters in my gaping maw

Favorite Disc: Challenger

Postby BIF13 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:28 am

any plans to update the flight chart? last one is dated 5/5/11.
Z Nuke - Z Force - Z Surge - Z Avenger SS - Z Stalker - Z Wasp - Z Buzzz - ESP Meteor - ESP Comet - D Focus - D Magnet
BIF13
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Z Nuke

Postby Dylan Courtney » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:51 pm

New one is 1/15/12
Dylan Courtney
Noob

Favorite Disc: Star Vulcan

Postby Ironhide » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:42 pm

So I went to GGGT today and a friend told me to look at the Latitude 64 discs and some of them seemed pretty nice, but since I didn't know much about them, I wanted to do my research first prior to buying.
I understand that the flight chart is subjective, but the Latitude Fuse Gold says,

GGGT Website: "Speed: 5 Glide: 6 Turn: -2 Fade: 1"
Joe's Flight Chart: "Speed: 1 RNG: 3 Turn: -1.5 Fade: -1.5"

Why such the difference in numbers?
My Bag: DX - Aviar Putter - 170g & 175g | DX - Shark - 168g | DX - Roc - 168g & 175g | Pro-D Buzz - 170g | Champion - Leopard - 171g | Star - Teebird(TL) - 171g | DX/Star - Sidewinder - 168g/171g | DX - Beast - 170g
Ironhide
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Roc & Shark

Postby jubuttib » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:18 pm

Ironhide wrote:So I went to GGGT today and a friend told me to look at the Latitude 64 discs and some of them seemed pretty nice, but since I didn't know much about them, I wanted to do my research first prior to buying.
I understand that the flight chart is subjective, but the Latitude Fuse Gold says,

The numbers seem to be about right, Joe's Flight Chart says range 3 (which is quite right for a mid range, the Buzzz and MD2 are the same), HSS -1.5, which is very close to the -2 of GGGT, LSS 1.5, which isn't far off from the 1 GGGT gave it, and power requirement is 1, meaning it's suitable for beginners. JUFC doesn't really concern itself with speed and glide as such, and the difference in stability (-1.5/-2 and 1.5/1) can easily be due to just different disc samples, because discs are never that consistent. There are Strikers that are just as overstable as a Firebird, and then there are Strikers that fly more like a Valkyrie for example.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby Ironhide » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:58 pm

jubuttib wrote:
Ironhide wrote:So I went to GGGT today and a friend told me to look at the Latitude 64 discs and some of them seemed pretty nice, but since I didn't know much about them, I wanted to do my research first prior to buying.

The numbers seem to be about right, Joe's Flight Chart says range 3 (which is quite right for a mid range, the Buzzz and MD2 are the same), HSS -1.5, which is very close to the -2 of GGGT, LSS 1.5, which isn't far off from the 1 GGGT gave it, and power requirement is 1, meaning it's suitable for beginners. JUFC doesn't really concern itself with speed and glide as such, and the difference in stability (-1.5/-2 and 1.5/1) can easily be due to just different disc samples, because discs are never that consistent. There are Strikers that are just as overstable as a Firebird, and then there are Strikers that fly more like a Valkyrie for example.

Thanks, I can see that the turn/fade isn't that big of deal, was wondering more on the speed.
My Bag: DX - Aviar Putter - 170g & 175g | DX - Shark - 168g | DX - Roc - 168g & 175g | Pro-D Buzz - 170g | Champion - Leopard - 171g | Star - Teebird(TL) - 171g | DX/Star - Sidewinder - 168g/171g | DX - Beast - 170g
Ironhide
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Roc & Shark

Postby jubuttib » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:41 am

Ironhide wrote:
jubuttib wrote:

Thanks, I can see that the turn/fade isn't that big of deal, was wondering more on the speed.
Yeah, like I said JUFC doesn't really concern itself with speed. =)
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby Indy's broken whip » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:01 am

I'm wondering why isn't the Discmania's FD Jackal in the flight chart?
Indy's broken whip
Noob

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment