Rattler, Putt'r, Polecat, Birdie..... a.k.a "the lid thread"

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Rattler, Putt'r, Polecat, Birdie..... a.k.a "the lid thr

Postby Grant » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:13 pm

$15 plus 6 I believe for shipping, also check this out this looks real purdy if you ask me, http://www.ebay.com/itm/Discraft-Ti-Tit ... 4ab4dcc2ac
Grant
Noob

Favorite Disc: ESP COMET

Postby Grant » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:15 pm

and this has me real tempted as well http://www.ebay.com/itm/Discraft-Elite- ... 4ab42647ed, I need a second job and a wife that understands that I can't get enough lids haha
Grant
Noob

Postby Punisher » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:44 pm

Yes $15 is correct but the guy on the phone didnt know how much shipping was going to be since I ordered 4 of them. I cant wait to see these thanks for the links to Ebay but what kind of Plastic is the Black Rattler.
Punisher
Noob

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby Grant » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:38 pm

No idea on that plastic but if it's like soft x, plastic then maybe I just am not a fan of throwing really dark plastic on courses here in Oregon.
Grant
Noob

Postby Frank Delicious » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:07 pm

the black rattlers on ebay are a soft tacky X blend.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Grant » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:20 pm

Man that's the ticket right there. I just want it in a more visible color that plastic and stamp are schweet I bet. Man, I need to do my taxes and scrounge up some extra duckets anyone order one up yet?
Grant
Noob

Postby mattw » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:11 pm

Grant wrote:Man that's the ticket right there. I just want it in a more visible color that plastic and stamp are schweet I bet. Man, I need to do my taxes and scrounge up some extra duckets anyone order one up yet?

I have one. They are pretty soft. Its hard to compare it to any of the the other softs that discraft runs. To me it feels softer than soft challengers, Magnets and APX. Flight wise it just like a Pro D Rattler.
mattw
2010 DGR Donator

Postby mattw » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:18 pm

Spinners On The Green is out of the UV Rattlers. They are going to try and get Discraft to do another run. They took my name and number asked my how many I would like. They hope to have an answer from Discraft in a couple of weeks. Side note they are very friendly and helpfull on the phone.
mattw
2010 DGR Donator

Postby Punisher » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:58 pm

Picked up 5 of the soft Black Rattlers from DD cant wait to try these things out, they told me that they only had about 10 when I was orderding mine.
Punisher
Noob

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby Frank Delicious » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:05 pm

mattw wrote:Spinners On The Green is out of the UV Rattlers. They are going to try and get Discraft to do another run. They took my name and number asked my how many I would like. They hope to have an answer from Discraft in a couple of weeks. Side note they are very friendly and helpfull on the phone.

Well I'm sure glad they stopped emailing me after saying they would sell me two on monday.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby mattw » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:28 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:
mattw wrote:Spinners On The Green is out of the UV Rattlers. They are going to try and get Discraft to do another run. They took my name and number asked my how many I would like. They hope to have an answer from Discraft in a couple of weeks. Side note they are very friendly and helpfull on the phone.

Well I'm sure glad they stopped emailing me after saying they would sell me two on monday.

Well now you make me feel bad about posting the customer service comment. :oops:
mattw
2010 DGR Donator

Postby Grant » Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:37 pm

I agree with mattw on the customer service,I thought Ashley was very helpful on the phone. I emailed the shop as well but felt that I rarely even check my own inbox, so I decided to just call as well. This was yesterday, and now I am glad I did, these things flew off the shelf. Is there a number on the run of how many were made? Pretty cool I think that BIG D is making discs that are catering to the RATTLER fanbase. I have not been this stoked for a disc purchase since I found a stack of first run esp comets for 10 apiece at a local store. Also of all the molds how did the Rattler get picked for such a run?
Grant
Noob

Postby mattw » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:08 pm

I am pretty sure she told me on the phone that they did 400 players packs and had 100 left for sale.
mattw
2010 DGR Donator

Postby Grant » Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:15 pm

thanks for the info
Grant
Noob

Postby Pwingles » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:52 pm

Punisher wrote:Picked up 5 of the soft Black Rattlers from DD cant wait to try these things out, they told me that they only had about 10 when I was orderding mine.

Did you get 5 for you or some for elliot? I changed my mind if you have an extra id like to buy it, if not its cool
Pwingles
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Gwoove

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment