Rusch Bags Bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Rusch Bags Bag

Postby mickas » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:11 pm

I'm 100% sure the nuke will be out in less than two weeks.
Destroyers | Predators | Eagles | Buzzz | Comets | Magnets

trades: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=22441
mickas
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Magnet

Postby JR » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:15 pm

Why? I haven't thrown my Rampages and Cannons yet. Other than those nothing flies as far as Nukes for me.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby rusch_bag » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:30 pm

mickas wrote:I'm 100% sure the nuke will be out in less than two weeks.

Well it is March 1st and they are out so they made it 2 weeks.

KC Aviars
rocs
leopard
teebirds
firebird
Destroyers
PD2

Hoping to keep this bag for awhile and to start playing a bunch again.
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby rusch_bag » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:52 pm

Changed my putters. Using DX aviars for putting and a p2 for driving.
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Postby ziggy » Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:34 pm

I assume your back has healed and yer gunning for some tournies this year ? If so, which ones?
ziggy
Fairway Surgeon

Postby BLURR » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:55 am

rusch_bag wrote:Changed my putters. Using DX aviars for putting and a p2 for driving.

Damn you Paul McBeth :lol:
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby rusch_bag » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:51 am

ziggy wrote:I assume your back has healed and yer gunning for some tournies this year ? If so, which ones?

I think my back is ok, but I am throwing like I am scared my back is going to hurt so basically I am throwing pretty awful. I also graduated so UWO won't be paying for my tournaments anymore so I am going to have to cut back which came at a terrible time for this season. Terry eliminated open from all of his c tiers and started his am series, but the WI Tour events are all so damn expensive so I'm not really sure what I am going to play. I won't be at the spring opener do to family plans, but hopefully I will be at something soon. What are you playing this year?
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Postby rusch_bag » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:52 am

BLURR wrote:
rusch_bag wrote:Changed my putters. Using DX aviars for putting and a p2 for driving.

Pretty much. After putting with beaded putters for so long I guess I forgot how much easier it is to get a beadless putter to the basket. So much less effort.
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Postby BLURR » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:35 am

I have been tempted by the same thing. I don't think I have putted with anything other than a beaded putter for close to 5 years now. Might have to give an aviar a go again...or maybe a magnet.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Steve » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:40 am

BLURR wrote:I have been tempted by the same thing. I don't think I have putted with anything other than a beaded putter for close to 5 years now. Might have to give an aviar a go again...or maybe an Ion.

fixed
Steve
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: OLF

Postby rusch_bag » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:39 pm

Please keep all ion discussion out of my thread. Thanks. :D And Ions drop like a brick while putting with them so that is not even a good edit on your part.
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Postby ziggy » Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:46 pm

rusch_bag wrote:
ziggy wrote:I assume your back has healed and yer gunning for some tournies this year ? If so, which ones?

I think my back is ok, but I am throwing like I am scared my back is going to hurt so basically I am throwing pretty awful. I also graduated so UWO won't be paying for my tournaments anymore so I am going to have to cut back which came at a terrible time for this season. Terry eliminated open from all of his c tiers and started his am series, but the WI Tour events are all so damn expensive so I'm not really sure what I am going to play. I won't be at the spring opener do to family plans, but hopefully I will be at something soon. What are you playing this year?

More realistic for Terry to build up his business model by catering to Ams.
It's ironic since I was looking at 2011 in review. I paid to play tournament/rounds more than I did casual rounds..sticking with Adv since cheaper unless the open div is not as expensive.
Right now, looking at Kenosha, SRO, GMO, Madcity and then summer school for 8 weeks before I graduate with my m.s.e. and then begin Ed.S. track. Congrats on the graduation! What's the next step? Grad school? Hope sam/ben are next to graduate!
ziggy
Fairway Surgeon

Postby rusch_bag » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:11 pm

I understand what Terry is doing, but it just blows for someone in my situation. I think I am going to need more school because finding a job right now seems absolutely impossible. I am sure I will see you at some event this year. Sam is a sophomore this year and I don't think Ben is even in college yet.
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Postby ziggy » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:25 pm

Terry- yep, esp for the middling pros. Difficult.

One thing for some grad schools, they have entrance interviews around this time if you are interested in enrolling in the fall. This only applies to a couple majors. Not all. any idea what direction?

So it looks like sam has 2-3y left if he keeps his head on!

Will any DGA disc make your bag? =op.
ziggy
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Jsw » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:35 am

rusch_bag wrote:
BLURR wrote:

Pretty much. After putting with beaded putters for so long I guess I forgot how much easier it is to get a beadless putter to the basket. So much less effort.

I had this epiphany myself about the end of last season. I put down the beaded stuff and ordered some grid stamp aviars(classics). I originally ordered a "stack" of 5, to practice jump-putts with, because I didn't like the drop-rate/fade of my KC's for jump putting(I don't put a ton of heat on mine). But I ended up loving them so much that I ended up using them inside the circle, and for upshots. I still keep a KC in the bag for drives(2 aces on it, I can't just leave it in the yard :D ). But maybe as I gain some more confidence in hucking the classic, I can remove it all together.

The only reason I never liked the DX P&A 's because they were always that soft, shitty DX. Even my classics are just BARELY as firm as I like them in the summer heat. But McBeth said in his interview that Innova is finally putting out runs of stiffer P&A's. I fondled a few from my buddy(who is a distributor) who JUST got a fresh batch of discs in and I can confirm that they are nice and firm. Not KC firm, but just as firm as my classics(at least the handful he received were).

Also, I love DGR - the only place where you can write a short essay on the firmness of a frisbee and nobody think's you're crazy. :mrgreen:
Jsw
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: DGR's Night-Owl

PreviousNext

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion