19%
10+... as many as my favorite store has in stock
7%
all the pink ones I can find :)
12%

Total votes : 69

Re: Comet lovers

Postby Frank Delicious » Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:36 pm

I think they'd probably try Harper in CF before Werth. Werth is old and slow. Him and Morse would be pretty bad in the corners but either of them in center would be an abortion.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Working Stiff » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:24 pm

Abomination? Or stem cell research to make Werth less old and less slow? I've never heard a bad outfielder referred to as an abortion before.
Furthur wrote:Either get a lighter one, throw harder, or find a disc with more glide.
Working Stiff
Super Moderator of DGCR

Favorite Disc: Ontario Roc

Postby Frank Delicious » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:58 pm

I have just expanded your vocab.
Frank Delicious

Postby victorb » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:56 pm

Holy crap. Don't turn the beloved comet thread into a stupid baseball thread.
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby gremlin75 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:14 am

Holy crap, I haven't been here in forever but good god the comet lovers thread is still going strong :D
gremlin75
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Sun Mar 18, 2012 12:52 pm

Deep end alert! I still love the Comets and like them more for trick shots but overall i'm officially migrating onto the Coyote trail.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby gremlin75 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:27 pm

JR wrote:Deep end alert! I still love the Comets and like them more for trick shots but overall i'm officially migrating onto the Coyote trail.

BOOOOOOO....dont do it man. You'll miss the comet (ok maybe not, who knows :lol: )
gremlin75
Tree Magnet

Postby JR » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:36 am

gremlin75 wrote:
JR wrote:Deep end alert! I still love the Comets and like them more for trick shots but overall i'm officially migrating onto the Coyote trail.

BOOOOOOO....dont do it man. You'll miss the comet (ok maybe not, who knows :lol: )

I'm not saying that i'd ditch the Comets. On local courses i have few opportunities to throw it because putter drives are preferable in most cases over mids. The Coyote is putter LSS if it is thrown fast. But with more HSS for my probably unclean releases beyond about 220'. That means more margin of error. The Comet is still as useful in getting out of trouble as it ever was. So i'd say the Coyote steps on Rocs, Buzzzes and MD2s and the like more than the Comet. Those others aren't glide monsters able to move in so tight curves as the Comet. So the Coyote is complementing the Comet not replacing it.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby gwillim » Thu May 03, 2012 8:20 am

I'm in the market for a 2002 GLO Comet. If anyone has one, please PM me and maybe we can work something out. I'm also always on the hunt for Ron Russell Z-Comets.

Cheers,
Gwillim
gwillim
Noob

Postby gwillim » Tue May 08, 2012 6:21 am

Bumpity bump bump. Any 02' DGLO comets layout around?
gwillim
Noob

Postby Frank Delicious » Tue May 08, 2012 6:48 am

maybe you should make a thread in B/S/T instead of just bumping the comet thread with no content.
Frank Delicious

Postby gwillim » Tue May 08, 2012 3:30 pm

Splendid idea, thank you. I'm new to computers/internet stuff.
gwillim
Noob

Re: Re: Comet lovers

Postby vtbuzzz » Tue May 08, 2012 4:38 pm

gwillim wrote:Splendid idea, thank you. I'm new to computers/internet stuff.

Really?!?!
vtbuzzz
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby SkaBob » Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:27 pm

Some say I have both a Ron Russel Comet and a First Run Tourney Pro Comet I wouldn't mind making a fair coin off of...

On a more content related note, unless I'm throwing into the wind I throw the Comet for anything out to 380 now. The only holes at the local course I play the most that I have trouble parking with it are the ones that play over 400...

What's more, while I'm waiting for it to land, I get a great opportunity to work on my dance moves! CHA CHA CHA!!

Edit: funny to see people say when they get rusty they have to swap out Comets for overstable stuff. When I get rusty I find myself not turning the Comet enough! Take some fingers off the rim, lads! :lol:
I threw Wizards before they were cool.
SkaBob
Disc Whore

Postby victorb » Wed Jun 13, 2012 8:35 am

SkaBob wrote:
Edit: funny to see people say when they get rusty they have to swap out Comets for overstable stuff. When I get rusty I find myself not turning the Comet enough! Take some fingers off the rim, lads! :lol:

For me I can't get the flight to manipulate properly on a consistent basis - basically all I get is straight shots and having a hard time getting turns to hold to the ground and nice gentle hyzers. Not that it's a bad thing, and I'm not necessarily swapping for overstable stuff (are rocs even considered overstable midranges nowadays?), just using rocs from super beat dx to kc pro for all my shots instead. Gives me a bit more confidence that I don't have to finesse the disc as much to get the flight I want.

oh, and I throw everything except drivers with a fan grip ;)
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment