Nikko WTF

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Nikko WTF

Postby jsun3thousand » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:16 pm

Fritz wrote:
jsun3thousand wrote:so winning a side game 3x at worlds gets you a signature disc but winning worlds 3x as a women doesn't. wicked logic. i wonder if innova gave him a bonus on the 160 dollars he won in that side game.

Who didn't get a signature disc?

Des had the Sidewinder (I thought) maybe it was a wraith and the whole E.D.G.E thing, Val got the Starfire, JK has the Aviar and Valk

Who am I missing that won worlds?

are you going to compare avery jenkins' name being on the destroyer i can buy at any place that sells innova to his sister's limited edition starfires that she had to sell on her own?
Scooot_er wrote:And disc golfers aren't always the smartest bunch.
jsun3thousand
wants to be the president of the don zimmer memorial charity foundation of america inc

Favorite Disc: #63

Postby Fritz » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:42 pm

jsun3thousand wrote:
Fritz wrote:
jsun3thousand wrote:so winning a side game 3x at worlds gets you a signature disc but winning worlds 3x as a women doesn't. wicked logic. i wonder if innova gave him a bonus on the 160 dollars he won in that side game.

Who didn't get a signature disc?

Des had the Sidewinder (I thought) maybe it was a wraith and the whole E.D.G.E thing, Val got the Starfire, JK has the Aviar and Valk

Who am I missing that won worlds?

are you going to compare avery jenkins' name being on the destroyer i can buy at any place that sells innova to his sister's limited edition starfires that she had to sell on her own?

I wasn't trying to be a dick. Was just saying, she did get a disc. Few players on Team Innova have discs with their names on them that you can buy retail. Barry (the beast and leopard), Feldberg (Boss), Climo (Roc, Wraith, Teebird, Cheetah, Stingray, Leopard, Archangel, Firebird, Aviar, Eagle, Cobra, Scorpion, XD), JK (Aviar and Valkyrie), Yeti (Aviar), Jenkins (Destroyer, I've only seen this for sale on Zone Driven, but that's not to say it wasn't sold elsewhere)

I have seen them at retail but mostly you had to buy them from the players direct, which I think Innova gave them free of charge, Valerie (Starfire), Des (Wraith and possibly the Sidewinder, I swear I've seen a sidewinder with her name on it)

Am I missing any other players on Team Innova that have discs and/or have had their name officially stamped by Innova on a disc? even if they were CFRs?
Still pretty cool to have a disc that did have an official Innova hot stamp with your name on it, even if it wasn't retail.

On a side note, did Sandstorm replace JK on the Valkyrie when he set the record of 820'? I thought I saw a disc with his name on it saying World Record or something, maybe it was just a fundraiser.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Flipflat » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:45 pm

I would like your X-Wasps, please.
Flipflat
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: buzzz

Postby jsun3thousand » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:10 pm

val actually has a few discs with her name on them. she has team star discs in different molds, 2009 pro starfires, and 2009 black and white star aviars that also include avery's name. justin from gripeq designed the stamp for the val and avery aviar.

i just want people to know that there's a difference between production model signature discs and limited edition ones that team members are given to support their tour expenses.
Scooot_er wrote:And disc golfers aren't always the smartest bunch.
jsun3thousand
wants to be the president of the don zimmer memorial charity foundation of america inc

Favorite Disc: #63

Postby Star Shark » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:54 pm

Most players who get a World title or even a significantly big tournament win get a comemorative disc along those lines. I've seen Dean Tannock Wraiths iirc. But in terms of regular production, it's not nearly as common.

Juliana had the Champ Valkyrie but her sig was removed a year or so ago. Christian Sandstrom was given the Star Valkyrie at about the same time as Juliana was removed from the Champ.
-- Star Shark
Star Shark
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Ghost, Patriot, SL

Postby TOURNEYPLAYER » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:45 am

Sarah Stanhope has a World Championship but only got a disc after her Vibram win. it was a Champ Wraith.
TOURNEYPLAYER
I bugged Frank for a rank and got this as my rank. WOOOO Frank rules!

Favorite Disc: ZONE BITCHES

Previous

Return to General Discussion