Know that feeling when you hit it?

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Know that feeling when you hit it?

Postby Wordgie » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:47 pm

Yeah, I got it today.

Went out to work on some issues with a few discs and a couple holes at River City Nature Park. No score, just throw until it does what I want it to do. I've been a grip 'n rip thrower and putt from where it lies. I figured the best way to help my short game is to get a better tee shot from the get go so I've been working on hyzer and anhyzer lines.

Hole 3. Blind basket tucked under some low lying branches. It's like 200 feet but there's a clump of trees that make you curve it. Pulled out the Sidewinder, put a slight hyzer on it and bam. Under the branch within 20' for a birdie

Hole 5, my achilles heel. Should be an easy shot but for some reason I end up putting in the trees or overcompensating and going way to the right. Usually on par but it should be a birdie. A little anhyzer with a Star Roadrunner and it skipped within 30' for another birdie.

Hole 8. Under a canopy and super tight. The basket is straight ahead but there's also several hungry trees left, right and above. Too far right, into a tree or OB. Too far left and into the brush for a bad lie. Too high and hit a branch. I've been working an anhyzer to curve right around the first tree and fade back toward the basket. Ended up coming inches from the tree and sticking within 15' of the basket.

Little stuff for the experienced players, I know but for a relative newb like myself it's a big stride. I think it was Mark Ellis who said to not worry about the score but concentrate on the throw. Or something like that. Whoever said whatever was said, I now believe it.
Wordgie
Noob

Re: Know that feeling when you hit it?

Postby fanter » Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:13 pm

I had that feeling. One day.
fanter
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Return to General Discussion