Yum yums

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Yum yums

Postby jubuttib » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:28 pm

Fritz wrote:You should see the other stuff they make on Epic Meal Time. Insane.
Epic Meal Time is my favorite cooking show, bar none. The Deathstar Meatball looked insanely delicious...
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby veganray » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:14 pm

Last night:
pea shoot, baby carrot, & pickled red onion salad with black truffle oil and red wine vinegar
eggplant & white potato Greek moussaka with baharat-kissed tomato sauce, chickpea Parmesan "cheese", & a damned fine experimental vegan Béchamel
1/4 of a Ritter Sport dark chocolate/marzipan bar
Ryen91 wrote:I am pretty sure I am more intelligent then you think and have allot more knowledge then your post might suggest.

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: DX Gremlin

Postby vonDrehle » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:04 pm

I believe you are making some of these words up.
vonDrehle
Steward Turkeylink: Has not seen The Godfather and is probably a horrible person

Favorite Disc: River

Postby BLURR » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:09 pm

Ray...you killing me. Moussaka is one of my favorites Mediterranean dishes...right up there with Dolmathes.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby JR » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:36 am

Moussaka is great.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby veganray » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:36 am

BLURR wrote:Ray...you killing me. Moussaka is one of my favorites Mediterranean dishes...right up there with Dolmathes.

I freakin, love grape leaves, too, but they are in the top 1% of pain-in-the-ass dishes to prepare, on a par with tamales.

For you Greek lovers (I'm looking at you, Frankie), I'm using the leftover Béchamel to make gemelli pastitsio (two more made-up words according to our resident linguist, vD) with oyster, cremini, & maitake mushrooms tonight.
Ryen91 wrote:I am pretty sure I am more intelligent then you think and have allot more knowledge then your post might suggest.

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Postby Frank Delicious » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:53 am

I just had to make 200 grape leaves for a greek wine dinner we're doing tomorrow so I agree those things are a pain in the ass to make.

Stuffed 'em with rice flavored with cloves, cinnamon, star anise, and allspice with some dried Mediterranean fruits. Also made like 50 with spiced lamb.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby BLURR » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:22 am

veganray wrote: they are in the top 1% of pain-in-the-ass dishes to prepare, on a par with tamales.

I've never tried to make tamales myself, but my buddies wife makes them every so often and she bitches about it everytime.

The weather is supposed to be fairly nice this weekend and all this talk of greek food, thinking about making some souvlaki with some tzatziki.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby jubuttib » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:08 pm

Damn, now I want gyros...
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby veganray » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:54 am

Last night's Cupcake Challenge:
mace/cardamom coffee cake cupcake with agave-infused dried peach bits, streusel crumbs, & a generous dollop of faux Twinkie filling

Extremely yummy, but needs a swirl of peach jam in the cake batter for extra peachiness.

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Postby jubuttib » Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:33 pm

Visited my parents this weekend, the cooking was amazing. Spaghetti bolognese on Thursday, potatoes and baked salmon with a creamy sauce on Friday and Karelian stew with potatoes on Sat and Sun. Heaven.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby veganray » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:41 am

Catered another event (Patapsco Punisher) in Baltimore this weekend. Menu:
omnivores
dry-rubbed, cherrywood-smoked pulled pork shoulder on a fluffy white bun with paprika-spiked cole slaw
cucumber/cauliflower/Cleo's Dragon chile relish
aromatic Piedmont-style barbecue sauce
Hawk Hollow Heat hot sauces: 2010 smoked bhut jolokia, 2011 smoked cayenne, 2010 smoked habanero, & 2011 jalapeno/lemon
potato chips
vanilla lemonade

vegans
sauteed apple/sage seitan sausage on a hearty sesame sub roll with caramelized yellow onions & Granny Smith apples and Daiya jalapeno-garlic havarti dairy-free cheese
simple salad of micro daikon radish greens with deep green Algerian olive oil, grapefruit balsamic vinegar, and Himalayan pink salt
Hawk Hollow Heat hot sauces: 2010 smoked bhut jolokia, 2011 smoked cayenne, 2010 smoked habanero, & 2011 jalapeno/lemon
potato chips
vanilla lemonade

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Postby veganray » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:56 am

Got my mitts on some fresh galanga, lemongrass, & gkrachai rhizome & am planning on pulverizing it with some shallots, frozen lime leaves & Caribbean red chiles, dried bird dung chiles, and golden mountain sauce to rock a mock beef, eggplant, & asparagus jungle curry tonight. Probably accompanied by some steamed brown jasmine rice and tofu tod with facemelter peanut sauce.

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Postby veganray » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:12 am

Went to a killer vegan restaurant outside of Baltimore on Friday night. Me and my pal Ten-Men Ben shared the following, and it was all freakin' delicious!

Starters:
zucchini mock crab soup
rice flour pretzel with sriracha hummous, agave mustard, and chipotle nacho "cheez"

Mains:
macaroni & "cheez" with cannelini beans, sun-dried tomatoes, & cauliflower
seitan & mushroom duxelles Wellington with smashed taters, sauteed arugula w/ garlic, & tamari gravy

Desserts:
almond brown butter cake with dark chocolate ganache
caramel stirred custard in a delicate tuille bowl

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Postby uNicedmeMan » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:37 am

Sounds good Ray, mind letting us know what restaurant it was?
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.