Certified Offcials Test

Rules Discussion and General PDGA discussion.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Certified Offcials Test

Postby Fritz » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:59 am

Damn those trick questions, went 24/25 from memory >_< Was hoping for a perfect.

Chuck, I thought as long as you had one supporting point on the tee pad it was okay to have your foot off to the side?
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Re: Certified Offcials Test

Postby veganray » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:06 pm

803.02:
803.02 Teeing Off

A. Play shall begin on each hole with the player throwing from within the teeing area. When the disc is released, at least one of the player's supporting points must be in contact with the surface of the teeing area, and all the player's supporting points must be within the teeing area. If a tee pad is provided, all supporting points must be on the pad at the time of release, unless the director has specified a modified teeing area for safety reasons. If no tee pad is provided, all supporting points at the time of release must be within an area encompassed by the front line of the teeing area and two lines perpendicular to and extending back three meters from each end of the front line. The front line of the teeing area includes the outside edges of the two tee markers. Running up from behind the teeing area before the disc is released is permitted. Following through in front of the teeing area is
permitted provided there is no supporting point contact outside the teeing area when the disc is released.

B. Any supporting point contact outside the teeing area at the time of release constitutes a stance violation and shall be handled in accordance with sections 803.04 F, G and H.
Ryen91 wrote:I am pretty sure I am more intelligent then you think and have allot more knowledge then your post might suggest.

Cheers & chings!
Vegan Ray
formerly #21579
veganray
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: DX Gremlin

Postby Fritz » Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:11 pm

Ahhh, I just re-read the question, Totally read it wrong. Thanks for the clarification.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Postby Frank Delicious » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:59 pm

God that would make a bunch of holes easier around here on some homegrown courses if you could step out to the side of a tee with one foot and throw.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Itchy » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:18 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:God that would make a bunch of holes easier around here on some homegrown courses if you could step out to the side of a tee with one foot and throw.

A falling drive? :lol:
Gorilla Boy Spider Monkey
TL - FL - Valkyrie - PD - Cyclone - Element - Meteor - Roc Plus - Gremlin - Summit - Wizard
SLO Throwers mini
Itchy
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: S Gremlin

Postby Smigles » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:06 am

24/25 still is enugh to pass, right ?
Smigles
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: Aviar,Wasp,Nuke

Postby Fritz » Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:38 am

Smigles wrote:24/25 still is enugh to pass, right ?

Yeah, but I'm a perfectionist lol 3 more years of certification.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Postby hegemony » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:32 pm

I missed a question where it said that the TD advised the player that their disc was not marked (i.e. in violation of 802.01F.) Somehow, this doesn't qualify as a warning because it doesn't specifically say that "the TD gives the player a warning" so when the player uses the disc, they're still entitled to a warning before being stroked for using an unmarked disc. I know of no TD who would go for that argument.

Technically correct. Practically wrong,imo, and poorly phrased.
hegemony
Noob

Favorite Disc: Fuse

Postby JHern » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:31 am

Frank Delicious wrote:God that would make a bunch of holes easier around here on some homegrown courses if you could step out to the side of a tee with one foot and throw.

You can still legally step off to one side so long as you lift your off-tee foot from the ground just before release.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby BoyntonStreet » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:41 pm

Who the hell wrote this thing? I feel like I just took a reading comprehension exam, not a disc golf rules aptitude test. I understand you're allotted unlimited re-takes and that the thing is "open book", but I fear that this could discourage the creative brains that may have a GREAT grasp on the actual rules. Meh.
BoyntonStreet
Noob

Favorite Disc: Lat 64 GLviz

Return to Rules Discussion