nonstopdiscgolf-GATE

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: nonstopdiscgolf-GATE

Postby JHern » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:52 am

Triflusal wrote:
JHern wrote:White guys dancing...I hope they don't quite their day jobs

they dont have jobs

These guys are professional disc golfers. They don't make enough to sock money away, but they all do well enough to get by, cover living and travel costs, and make ends meet.

And it is a job in other ways, too. They also bear the burden of representing the sport, and what they do always reflects upon their sponsors, which strongly tempers their behavior in public. Some do this better than others, but there is no question that it is a smart thing to do. But it's a small sacrifice to make in order to be able to play disc golf for a living!
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby jsun3thousand » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:17 pm

JHern wrote:
Triflusal wrote:

they dont have jobs

i know more pro disc golfers than you and in more detail.
Scooot_er wrote:And disc golfers aren't always the smartest bunch.
jsun3thousand
wants to be the president of the don zimmer memorial charity foundation of america inc

Favorite Disc: #63

Postby Frank Delicious » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:29 pm

JHern wrote:
Triflusal wrote:

they dont have jobs

These guys are professional disc golfers. They don't make enough to sock money away, but they all do well enough to get by, cover living and travel costs, and make ends meet.

And it is a job in other ways, too. They also bear the burden of representing the sport, and what they do always reflects upon their sponsors, which strongly tempers their behavior in public. Some do this better than others, but there is no question that it is a smart thing to do. But it's a small sacrifice to make in order to be able to play disc golf for a living!

joke post

joke post

two paragraph serious reply.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby zj1002 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:37 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:
JHern wrote:
Triflusal wrote:

they dont have jobs

joke post

joke post

two paragraph serious reply.

Joke post

Quote chain

These guys are coming to ATX. No interest. But I'm curious to see how one the cruelest(and best) courses treats their ratings
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby circleStamPooPlate » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:09 pm

@work

#jokepost

coming to teach a clinique @ school near u!

#longRoad2charlotte
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The cloud - hot new computational tool and concept for business and creativity. -wikipedia

Blizzard disc technology came from the cloud. ~wikipedia
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
circleStamPooPlate
Noob

Postby JR » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:46 pm

If it ain't a shopped photo the sponsors are gonna be so glad.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby what'shisname » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:15 pm

JR wrote:If it ain't a shopped photo the sponsors are gonna be so glad.

Clearly analringtoss.com is a sponser.
what'shisname
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby jsun3thousand » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:54 pm

i'm loving the nascarifaction of disc golf.

just slap a big analringtoss.com banner on that fence and espn will have the pdga on speed dial.
Scooot_er wrote:And disc golfers aren't always the smartest bunch.
jsun3thousand
wants to be the president of the don zimmer memorial charity foundation of america inc

Favorite Disc: #63

Postby JR » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:51 pm

what'shisname wrote:
JR wrote:If it ain't a shopped photo the sponsors are gonna be so glad.

Clearly analringtoss.com is a sponser.

I'm not so sure about the excitation level with the other sponsors though. They say all publicity is good publicity. Dunno. It may not be that for the pros in the trailer if they catch flak from their personal sponsors.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby circleStamPooPlate » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:36 am

austin - cleaning up sxsw leftovers - on the course

has guantanamo been breached???

an inside job???

a favour to nikko's old team mate?

did @Bdub freak out like he did in those youtube vids?

did NSDG include losses in their gas budget?

#longRoad2charlotte #pray4nikko
The cloud - hot new computational tool and concept for business and creativity. -wikipedia

Blizzard disc technology came from the cloud. ~wikipedia
circleStamPooPlate
Noob

Postby JHern » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:24 am

jsun3thousand wrote:...i know more pro disc golfers than you and in more detail...

:lol:
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby JR » Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:12 am

Lets test this gate claim. Lets say there is no non stop disc golf tour at all. All the same guys show in the same event and it happens normally. Would these guys be the favorites? If so what is the big conspiracy about these guys being road warriors trying to compete in more events? Is it such a shame that top players try to bring clinics and show the players and spectators good time by showing elite class disc golf in new places? You know growing the sport? It may well be that Feldy is so old that he may not be able to reap the benefits of growing the sport from player winnings in time the possible new players and PDGA members start to play as a result of seeing exciting DG action.

Boo hoo some players are good and that they may win any events they attend which is the same in the events others organize. This is a promo campaign paid for by their sponsors right? Smart grass roots marketing if you ask me. Put the best players in the world all around. Do you see that in major sports? In out back areas with a lack of tournys. Is it such a shame that events be arranged? If you think that you should lobby to shut down each tourny. And the PDGA. If you have any logic and consistencty. In which case boo! Whiners.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby zj1002 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:37 am

The Austin event seemed like a ratings ploy. They played the hardest course in town. Of which the creek is a major player. Normally said creek is OB for local events. Nope not for them and all water was apparently casual. They also changed one box making a tough 4 into a 2 and played the short box on 18 which makes it again a reachable par 3 over a tough 4. You don't take 2s on those holes. They did. They tweaked the course to bump ratings in my mind. If other towns see this behavior I suggest you don't let it slide and contact PDGA about the ratings. They played the hardest course in austin on easy mode
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Chuck Kennedy » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:39 am

I was reading the last two posts and I hear the Harlem Globetrotters music on TV indicating they are coming to town. A little like the NSDG Tour where the locals (Washington Generals) don't have a chance. Not that great disc golf competition isn't happening at their events but entertainment and exhibition for others in attendance is also part of the mix.

As far as tweaking the course for better ratings, it doesn't sound like some of the changes they made would have provided the potential for extremely high rated rounds. Lots of OB, open holes and several extremely long par 3s (400-500) like the Memorial is how to do it.
Chuck Kennedy
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Dig It » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:25 am

This thread teaches the right way and the wrong way to be ass hurt.
Darmok and Gilad at Tanagra. Shaka, when the walls fell.
Dig It
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: circleStamPooPlate

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.