Nathan's Forehand

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Nathan's Forehand

Postby zpitman135 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:44 pm

Nathan pretty much only throws forehands. Any tips that could give him more distance or accuracy would help alot because its not my area of expertise. also disregard my friend flipping off the camera.

Full speed:

Slow mo
zpitman135
Noob

Favorite Disc: Supersoft Wizard

Re: Nathan's Forehand

Postby JR » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:41 pm

I'm not an expert on FH because my arm can't handle them. I see aiming trouble though. The throw is almost all arm and the arm motion starts with full acceleration from relatively far behind. He tried so hard with the arm that the wrist rolled over and the follow through was down. If it was a flippy disc it became a roller and a beefy disc could still wobble before stabilizing and fly anny. He rushed the first step and didn't turn the body far enough away from the target. Try running in a straight line aligning the line between the shoulders with the target in the reach back. Then you aim by pointing the left shoulder at the target. Limiting how far the arm reaches back makes for better accuracy and raises the chances of getting a repeatable throw and reduces the chances of a wrist roll. You get power from the running and turning the body farther away from the target. You can twist the hips a bit in the throw but the shoulders should turn a lot. That is a major reduction in power generation at the moment.I did not think that he was trying to stop the wrist to initiate the disc pivot which would spin the disc faster and thus stabilize the disc thus allowing more power to be inputted without reduction in accuracy and repeatability.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Re: Nathan's Forehand

Postby seabas22 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:04 pm

Agreed with JR. Looks like the hips and shoulders are too far open to get body power behind the shot. At the hit his weight is too far back with a really long stride on the front leg, and not delaying the arm motion. I'd try an x-step or little outfielder crow hop to help transfer weight better and turn the hips and shoulders back more so he gets more closed in general.
seabas22
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: thunderbird

Return to Video Critique