Disc Weight Thread?

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Disc Weight Thread?

Postby mrlaroo » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:19 pm

Can someone point me in the direction on where you guys discuss the weight of discs, thanks..
mrlaroo
Noob

Favorite Disc: Champ Beast

Re: Disc Weight Thread?

Postby mrlaroo » Sun Apr 01, 2012 12:26 am

I am curious is it easier to turn over a lighter disc and also I am so used to 170gram disc is 164 grams be a huge difference for me? Thanks for any input.
mrlaroo
Noob

Postby JR » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:47 am

6 grams should be noticeable in the same mold of the same plastic. Lighter discs of the same mold and weight flip easier. This means that a beefy enough mold in light weight won't flip. There might be some weight discussion in the 150 lovers thread. Blizzard discs are light and retain the stability of the same mold in other plastics of 15-20 grams more weight. So they rewrite the old rules to some extent. Blizzard vs Blizzard of different weight seems to follow normal rules.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby mrlaroo » Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:59 pm

Thanks J.R thats what I wanted to hear, think i will probably get another beast but lighter. I have never ventured into light disc even being a weakling that I am. Thanks
mrlaroo
Noob

Postby JR » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:42 am

I have a surgically operated arm that is unrepairable to full condition so i'm not a power house by any stretch of the imagination. For gimps and old gits like me 150 is great news even before Blizzard era. I get at least 20 probably 30' more with the 150 Teebird than a 175.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to General Discussion