Please help critique my drive

Information, Questions, Discussion about Throwing Mechanics and Technique

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Please help critique my drive

Postby vtbuzzz » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:24 pm

This is my drive as of a few days ago, I've added a few tweaks since like adding a bit of a hop and compacted it a bit. But its still relitively the same.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-SzmvvY ... 4HT9V7TMc=
vtbuzzz
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Re: Please help critique my drive

Postby seabas22 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 4:40 pm

Try not reaching max backswing until the plant foot is about to land. Everything is basically early with no rhythm. Working from a standstill would be advised as your footwork is not helping snap at this point.
seabas22
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: thunderbird

Postby JR » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:50 pm

The final step is too long by at least a foot. The left leg pushes upward and forward like in a high jump. The direction should be solely back to front at first. Later you can try to squeeze out the last bits of power by twisting the knees rotationally to the right as well.

The left leg was in the air when the disc ripped out. Your knees and consequently everything else was pointing to the left. The hips didn't twist far and neither did the shoulders. That means you lost power generation. The disc is close to the body at least for a while but you can push the elbow closer to the target before straightening. Your pause is minimal to non existing. The arm did not accelerate fast. Probably not all of it is from failing to get efficiency in the kinetic chain shifting momentum from the legs through the hips, torso and shoulders to the arm.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby vtbuzzz » Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:00 pm

Thank you guys I will try and go to the field this week and see if I can try and apply the advice to my driving.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk
vtbuzzz
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Return to Technique