Do you HAVE to throw from the tee pad?

Disc Golf Talk

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Do you HAVE to throw from the tee pad?

Postby jbl » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:38 pm

Yeah, weird question. I know.

Obviously I don't mean you can throw from in front of the tee pad; I just mean are you allowed to play to the immediate side of the tee pad? Does some extremity of you have to be touching the tee pad when the disc is launched? What's the exact rule for this...?

Thanks.
jbl
Noob

Favorite Disc: Roc

Re: Do you HAVE to throw from the tee pad?

Postby Star Shark » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:57 pm

You have to have your ONLY supporting points on the teepad. Which means your feet, knees, hands... whatever. At some tourneys they make allowances due to rubber teepads getting really sticky in hot weather so you can throw from one side of the teepad.
-- Star Shark
Star Shark
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Ghost, Patriot, SL

Postby Fritz » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:43 am

You can only throw from the sides if it's deemed that the teepad is dangerous, ie slip hazard, ice, excessive water etc...
other than that, this was discussed in the Rules Discussion form section :)
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Chuck Kennedy » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:52 am

Fritz wrote:You can only throw from the sides if it's deemed that the teepad is dangerous, ie slip hazard, ice, excessive water etc...

Note: Players cannot make this determination, just the TD in tournaments. If you choose to not play from the tee pad due to hazardous conditions, other than casual water, you can play from behind it with a 1-throw penalty.
Chuck Kennedy
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Fritz » Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:05 am

Chuck Kennedy wrote:
Fritz wrote:You can only throw from the sides if it's deemed that the teepad is dangerous, ie slip hazard, ice, excessive water etc...

Note: Players cannot make this determination, just the TD in tournaments. If you choose to not play from the tee pad due to hazardous conditions, other than casual water, you can play from behind it with a 1-throw penalty.

True, I should have chosen my words better. TD's will let you know if a Teepad is considered dangerous prior to the tournament. Example, old hole #3 in Ft. Collins the teepad was smoothed out to the point of ice skate quality and Bill would let us go from the side when it was wet.

Can a TD make a field ruling if summoned to the teepad to discuss the safety of the pad and allow the group to go from the side?
Obligated to go group by group to inform them of the change? Or is what's done is done, no specification made at start of round, wait till next round?
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Return to General Discussion