Faster farther Orc... suggestions?

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Faster farther Orc... suggestions?

Postby 7ontheline » Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:01 pm

I had a couple throws with a guys sparkle 168 Astra and kinda liked it. I was throwing into a mild headwind and it showed a little turn and not near the fade of my glow wraiths. Anyway, bought new 168 and 171 for $20 on DGCR. I need some go far, I'm not getting any younger. Also traded for a 167 star 7/10 Orc with a nice guy who must have felt sorry for me, hope its not a roller :|
Magic / Judge / PA2 - Tursas / QMS / Buzzz / Mace - QJ / E / F - Renegade / O / D1

JHern wrote:If your putter isn't your favorite disc, get a new putter.
7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Judge

Postby 7ontheline » Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:49 pm

I took a couple max D drivers with me tonight to get a read on my form and my goto seasoned Z Nuke did its turnover s-curve out to 425' a few times so I'm feeling good about my form tonight and therefore my Orc/distance driver testing results. The 167 star I just got and was hopeing for added turnover D has as much fade as any of my newer champs. :( My best Orc throw was from my special blend 174 Tulsa, which fades as much as any, that flexed out to 425' on one throw though I have no idea what i did. The Tulsa felt reliable and will probably go in the bag as it seemed as consistant as all the others and a tad longer on average over the champs. Its still not the tight golf line turnover s-curve I'm looking for. My favorite beat champ Orc is the least stable of all my eight Orcs and at 390' on a low line it turns over and does not fade. The Beast is cool for go long and turn right lines but too flippy for headwinds and my newish star wraith faded too hard too fast.
Magic / Judge / PA2 - Tursas / QMS / Buzzz / Mace - QJ / E / F - Renegade / O / D1

7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

Postby JR » Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:06 am

Many Orcs (most?) turn and fade too much for tight lines. PD can do that but it is shorter. So the SL comes to mind. More HSS than the Orc which is exactly what tight s-curves need. The thing is that you may need to release it annied. The fade is a little milder than that of a Wraith but it will come back quite nicely. It ain't really that fast over the Orc unfortunately. The only disc that i can think off the top of my head that is faster and farther than the Orc is the Slayer. The minus is that it fades as much or more than the Wraith. The Slayer is easier to turn than the Wraith so getting the s-curve started is easier and the added fade helps in pulling out of the anny. But i think it is understable so the winds may hurt it even more than the speed stale Wraith. Which is gonna hurt in the wind at your power level.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Re: Faster farther Orc... suggestions? (P-PD2?)

Postby 7ontheline » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:03 pm

My buddy just got a c-pd2 (which flew very overstable for me today). I dug a P-PD2 out of a bin and took it to the course for a few throws to compare my P vs his C. I originally got my p-pd2 to fight the wind, which it didn't do well, but today on tailwind shots with slight anny it had that tight s-curve I'm looking for similar to my 170 7-8/10 P-PD but faster. My buddy likened it to a faster new QJ... he know I like QJs so my perception is now totally biased.

Anyone know if other p-pd2s are similar to mine or is mine just an exception with its stability/straightness?

7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

Postby jubuttib » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:41 pm

All of the P-PD2's I've tried have been very close to if not just as overstable as my European Open C-PD2's, meaning really damn overstable. Also pretty stiff, I've heard that the softer ones are more akin to Pro Destroyers though.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby JR » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:03 pm

I have a soft P PD2 and i agree with the statement about their characteristics. A new one is not far off of a new Pro Destro.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby 7ontheline » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:15 pm

Q Astra... turns over like a beat orc but still has fade. My favorite Champ Orc that turns this easily doesn't fade on a low hard turnover line and the Q Astras fade is half that of a new glow wraith. I like it so far except for the occasional grip lock, its not a wraith that will hyzer back if pulled over too hard. I had a Am World Archon but I swear it didn't fade after it turned.

Signed, nooodle arm

I traded for another PPD2 but missed the Pro Destroyer likening/reference/movement (my first tournament was May 2011). I was one of the of many Katana wannabes.

7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

Postby 7ontheline » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:27 pm

I lost my favorite orc... I'm depressed... :cry: my pussy is hurting... I need another drink

ps the new p-pd2 I just traded for is crazy overstable compared to the p-pd2 ,pro destroyer like, one I already have. :?

7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

Postby jubuttib » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:19 pm

7ontheline wrote:ps the new p-pd2 I just traded for is crazy overstable compared to the p-pd2 ,pro destroyer like, one I already have. :?
A bit stiffer one I presume? I've never seen those Pro Destroyer like P-PD2's myself.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby 7ontheline » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:27 pm

Yeah, its flippy.

7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

Postby jubuttib » Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:37 pm

7ontheline wrote:Yeah, its flippy.
And to clarify, I meant that the new overstable one is a stiffer one, whereas the Pro Destroyer'esque one is a bit softer?
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby 7ontheline » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:54 pm

I wouldn't call either of the 175 P-PD2s stiff but the one I just got on the left is a tad less pliable.

A 10mph headwind flipped and burned the one on the right quickly on a low line with easy smooth 350' power during my field practice today. This disc bombed on the returns is that tailwind; stable with very late fade on 10-15' height. The domes are too close to call but the PLH difference is noticable.

Overstable on the left; stable to understable on the right.

7ontheline
Fairway Surgeon

Postby jubuttib » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:20 pm

7ontheline wrote:I wouldn't call either of the 175 P-PD2s stiff but the one I just got on the left is a tad less pliable.
Sounds about right.
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Postby keltik » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:31 am

7ontheline wrote:Is the Avenger SS the same way... a lot less stable than an Avenger like Archon understable?

The A-SS is RoadRunner understable.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby lovetoDG » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:13 am

Flippy Pro Destroyer hands down. I do have Champion Orc but Pro Destroyer goes farther every time when thrown right.
Nuke-PD-Teebird-Roadrunner-Roc-Wizard
lovetoDG
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: 11x Teebird

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment