The Least Changed Bag in the World.

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: The Least Changed Bag in the World.

Postby Frank Delicious » Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:46 pm

Really? I can get a QOLS out to the same distance as an orc.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby victorb » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:57 am

My bag is still very similar to yours, Frank. Very similar. I've got a boss (thrown very little), OLFs, preds, teebirds, rocs, comets, a summit and challengers. Feels like a balanced setup, I'm sure you get the same feeling with your bag. Lots of workable control discs, then a boomboom disc or two. I bet we could swap bags and shoot pretty well!
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Frank Delicious » Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:24 pm

@victor: I def think we could.

So I have been thinking about and messing with PDs again lately. I have a couple of S PDs I've been throwing and I just got in a couple of C-PDs. I started messing with them again as I have been getting my eagles out farther lately and they are starting to overlap with my OLFs. The PD has a different enough flight from the OLF/Eagle that I have started using it for straighter shots whereas the eagle has been getting used for line shaping shots. The problem with PDs is of course that C-PDs overlap heavily with Preds. I'm in a bit of a quandary right now as to my driver set up.
Frank Delicious

Postby warobert » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:38 am

C-PD :(
Preds :)

The more I play with good players the more I start to think that at some point, mold minimalism goes out the window. So just carry the S-PD you like for straight shots and the problem is solved.
Mark Ellis wrote:Myth: Climo could beat you with a trash can lid.

Truth: Climo could beat you with a trash can lid left-handed.
warobert
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: teebird

Postby Booter » Thu Mar 01, 2012 7:27 am

frank,u bastard.so it was u snagged that 6/10 cpd the other day :( u better think of me when u decide to not throw them
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby Frank Delicious » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:16 pm

Ze bag:

SOLF x 4
Pred x 2
EX x 2
EL

Champ Glow Gator
DX roc x 3
ESP comet x 2

Z zone
Med Ion
Med Anode
SB aviar
KC aviar

The two aviars are my putting putters. The champ glow gator is money. I've taken everything faster than SOLFs out of the bag because I don't play enough to maintain my form to throw faster drivers. I've lost some D with the SOLFs and am only hitting like 360' right now but hopefully I can hit the field now that it is staying lighter out.

One thing I have noticed is that I've been longing for a faster mid lately, something like a buzzz or C-MD2 to throw on lower faster lines than my comets or rocs can handle. The C-MD2s I have are too stable and the Ds I have are too understable. I wish I could acquire P-MD2 easily but until then I think I'm gonna put a Buzzz SS in the bag. Kinda want to try a warship for that spot but don't want to get a disc that is hard to replace in that spot. Also might pick up a squall to work with.
Frank Delicious

Postby JR » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:14 am

I had the flippier kind of P MD2 and it wasn't any more straight than the Warship they flip pretty close as much. Warship is loong compared to Roc and Comet masters may be able to outdrive the Warship with it who knows. My longest Comet tosses are longer than my longest Warship toss has been so far but it is cold now and the Comet tosses were during the summer. The thing about throwing Comets all out is that they vary in D shot from shot more than the Warship has varied in adverse weather. Squall doesn't need powering down with the Roc in the bag and it is longer than the Warship so it could work better. I recommend Sparkle Z plastic because it flips and fades noticeably less ESP based Squalls. SOLF to 360' might mean that the Squall may not be far behind in D because it will fade a lot less. Especially with the sparkle.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Frank Delicious » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:12 pm

You didn't really let me know what type of height you were throwing those shots on. That's what I'm looking for since I can still throw a comet 300'~ when I have the height.
Frank Delicious

Postby new013 » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:46 pm

Somebody was trying to get me to buy their P-MD2 a couple days ago, I could probably locate it if you want. If you don't want those C-MD2's and theyre flat I'll take them.

We need to play a round some time when I'm not busy and you're not pillaging villages.
"F*ck... here comes that guy New013."
new013
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: TL

Postby Frank Delicious » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:09 pm

Was it waroberts cuz he has one he's looking to get rid of.
Frank Delicious

Postby JR » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:10 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:You didn't really let me know what type of height you were throwing those shots on. That's what I'm looking for since I can still throw a comet 300'~ when I have the height.

Last fall Comets avg topping at 320' usually 310' max rear wind 340' apexing from memory at around 20-23'. That is higher than the best D with the C MD 2 for me because the MD 2 is so fast and LSS that at 20' it slows down too early for me and fades out. C MD 2 need much much more power and i think i topped out at 310-315' but need a good height control into a fairly narrow height window to hit even 300'. For me the best C MD 2 apex for D is around 15-17'. P MD 2s have changed and i gave mine away to jubuttib. I did not like mine and threw it so little time over a year ago that my memory is fuzzzy. The recollection i have is that the apex height for the best D is the same or a foot or two more than with the C MD 2 but the fade is a little friendlier because for me the disc was more of an s-curver than the laser of the C MD 2. What bugged me about the P MD 2 was the amount of flipping and the lack of wind tolerance compared to the amount of fade and the distance. Because other discs are straighter and more wind tolerant, longer or less fading. And sometimes in more palatable combinations. I vastly prefer the C MD 2 over the P i had for everything else but the grip tackiness.

So the question is what do you need exactly from another mid to complement the Comet? You need to work with low ceilings don't you? That tends to mean high glide discs which means reduced wind performance as a rule of thumb. The Comet is good for D, flipping and short range altitude holding. If you don't look for more D than the Comet but need lower ceilings and can handle a little more fade on low lines say 12' apexes Warship could work for you. The crappy deal about it is that it ain't a wind disc. So to be able to suggest anything concrete i need to know more of your required specs for a mid that ain't a Comet, Roc or a Gator. They all are great discs and a good quiver as it is and improving on them is not easy. Especially when i don't know what you want to improve on and which compromises you can live with.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:36 pm

I've been messing with a king cobra and it has a real shot at making the bag in that spot. It's faster, it is a bit wind resistant, and I use to throw champ cobras back in the day so it's nice to throw them again.

The shots I've been needing are shots that only have like 10'-12' ceiling but I still want to go 300'ish. I can do that shot with rocs but I have to throw them harder than I like to.
Frank Delicious

Postby JR » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:44 am

King Cobra has surprisingly much wind resistance IMO. It fades early so even at those low ceilings it may need a hefty pull to maintain enough of a straight line in the tightest spots. That may defeat the purpose if it makes the throwing action less consistent. But a Roc will need even more power for the same D. The flight paths are different and the KC definitely goes farther at low apexes. Super Stingray can't take as much wind without the need to add compesation hyzer but it handles mild winds without trouble even in headwinds. The fade of the SStingray is a tick less so it is better for a straight and right finishing shots at 10-12' than the KC.

300' Roc apexing at 12' means that you should be just fine with the C MD 2 if the slicker grip ain't a problem. And it should be as flat as you get for more wind handling and a straighter finish. The MD 2 has the advantage in winds against all the mentioned molds. A good Z Buzzz would do too especially if it has been broken in but the MD 2 goes better underpowered and so it is longer on average. Freak pulls with Buzzzes and MD 2s gain as much extra D usually. The Warship is the flippiest of all of these discs and i'd say that with an unclean release an Axis is the closest match so if you've thrown an Axis the major benefit of the Warship is a hair more D and a tackier grip for avoiding slipping in all kinds of conditions in Tournament Plastic.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Frank Delicious » Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:27 pm

The C-MD2 has won the faster mid spot in the bag.
Frank Delicious

Postby JR » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:31 pm

The reason i thought it would be good for you for the role you specified was that it does what you want at lower power and does not glide as much as the competition so it won't move a lot sideways if you miss hyzer angle or there's wind. If you're happy with the results in the long term then that philosophy of using only moderate amounts of glide in your control accuracy discs may be a good approach to picking the discs for other spots as well.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

PreviousNext

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion