Rusch Bags Bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Rusch Bags Bag

Postby rusch_bag » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:28 am

I must have got 2 from that newer run because both of mine are plenty stiff for my liking and I have always liked stiff putters as well. I like the look of the grid stamped ones better though so I might check some of those out.
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby rusch_bag » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:53 pm

I need to stop changing my bag. Kind of gave up on minimalism a bit this go around.

P&As
P2
Meteor
Buzzzs
Wasp
Leopard
Teebirds
Eagle
Firebird
Destroyers

I decided I don't like to beat discs in so this is just easier.
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Postby JR » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:40 pm

Why wouldn't you pick up something faster with low HSS and LSS to throw possibly underpowered straight as far or farther than your currently longest disc to save your back from a full power throw to get D? Destros fade out early even in light beaten pro compared to the longest non Bliz discs available and at least a 150 Bliz Katana while fading out does it so far down the line that the Destro can't keep up. Unless you have a super light Bliz Destro in there. That could work as well for maintaining D having dependable flight and saving your back. I hear Destros are surprisingly overstable. I haven't seen sub 150 Bliz Bosses in Finnish stores so i didn't pick Bliz Bosses already owning UL R Pro Bosses but i have each of the other molds in Bliz already or enroute. Destro is enroute. So i may be able to give opinions later this week about how sub 150s fly. I have a 150 and 156 Katana already and the 150 has legs and turns easily while coming back reliably and the 156 is surprisingly meaty for a Katana.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby rusch_bag » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:37 pm

CHANGES

Wizards
Rocs
Leopard
Teebirds
Eagle
Firebird
Destroyers

I somehow missed your last post JR. That is a good idea. I might bust out a Katana or something similar from my basement to make it easier on me. I have always just like the predictability of destroyers so that is why I am still throwing them. I should try out a blizzard destroyer at the very least.
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Postby rusch_bag » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:54 pm

That lasted long. I'm trying the MVP line up again. After one day with their 4 molds I don't really see a big difference between the ion and the anode. Also, the vector isn't any better into a headwind than the axis is so I may be down to the anode and axis real quick.
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Postby JR » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:25 am

That mirrors my experience but i do putt with a no sand blast opaque 168 soft Ion and drive with med 175 Anode. Clear Ion is nice with rear heavy grip on drives with little index finger inside the disc and not a hard pinch. That grip makes it fly more like i hear from others vs heavy thumb/index pinch.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby rusch_bag » Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:53 am

The anode is causing issues in my bag. It goes far. I think I am going to need to change my mids to some farther flying discs to avoid overlap. I think I want to try out a kind cobra but I am not sure what overstablish mid range there is that is faster that I could compliment it with. Hornet is the only thing in my head right now. Anyone got any other ideas?
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Postby JR » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:47 pm

S Warrior. Or if there are really harsh courses around you an E Warrior. They fly straight for a fairly long time but will move sideways a fair bit once the fade kicks in. Not Sentinel like though. It is probably a preference/course/rest of the bag issue which you like better the Hornet or the Warrior. Hornet fades more than the Warrior. Warrior ain't that far off of a Wasp flight line wise only faster and longer by a bit. I don't hear enough praise for the Warrior or the less stable little brother Scout. Finally Gateway has good not hooking hard mids. Neither of the straighter mids take winds well -unfortunately. For hooking harder fade and wind handling there is the driver shaped short Blaze.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby rusch_bag » Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:01 pm

I always forget about gateway. Thanks JR.
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Postby rusch_bag » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:23 am

What a mess of shit. Haha.

Anodes
Zone
Cobra
King Cobra
Warrior
Leopard
Teebirds
Spirit
Destroyers
PD2
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Postby Whiz » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:19 am

Quite.

"I need to stop changing my bag."

It looks like you might benefit from what I did. I chose the molds I want to use for my bag and then made a conscious effort to trade away other molds so I would not be tempted to switch. I am playing better than ever as a result.
E* DD2, Wraith, Glow Firebird, S-P-C PD, TD, Leopard, Roc, KC Aviar
Whiz
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: S Wiz/S PD

Postby JR » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:01 pm

rusch_bag wrote:What a mess of shit. Haha.

Anodes
Zone
Cobra
King Cobra
Warrior
Leopard
Teebirds
Spirit
Destroyers
PD2

The only problem i notice is a lack of tightly right turning putter. They are valuable in putts around obstacles and getting out of trouble shots.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby rusch_bag » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:32 pm

Decided to play this game again. Left a putter on the course today already.

4 kc aviars
4 rocs
1 leopard
3 teebirds
1 firebird
3 destroyers
1 xcal
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Postby Hyzerline49 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:29 pm

looks solid... very similair to my bag with the exception of putters
Forces - Orcs - Banshees - Eagles - Wasps - Rocs - Zones - Wizards
Hyzerline49
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Ching Roc

Postby rusch_bag » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:53 pm

2 dx bb aviars for putting
1 beat no bead
1 used small bead
1 new big bead

3 dx rocs
1 champ roc

1 leopard
1 teebird
2 firebirds (one hella beat cause I can't find a beefy flatter teebird)

2 PDs
2 Destroyers
1 PD2

Not a whole lot of changes but fixed some holes I had in my bag. Wish I carried less discs some days but it has been working for me. Also I am planning on getting all of my putters to big beads but I need to beat in a few a lot to make that happen.
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

PreviousNext

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion