Video clips by jr, lcgm8, mafa and others

Post your videos for Critique/Comment etc..

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Video clips by jr, lcgm8, mafa and others

Postby Booter » Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:38 am

been waiting for more vids . this will give me somethin to watch on this rainy day. thx jr!
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby Steady 26542 » Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:35 pm

Great video as always!! Hole #5 looks brutal. :twisted:
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
Team Iron Lion
Steady 26542
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Omega SS

Postby JR » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:10 am

People certainly took unusual routes there :-D That hole was played in each round as it was. People ruined their tournament on that hole. It was all about risk/reward analysis, placement and measuring how confident you were in each of the multiple useful rarer shots. And making them work under pressure. You couldn't take too many easy placement shots or some of the players would gung ho a better score, but safing it all the way would still put you ahead of quite a few top guys. The people playing for the top spot had to take chances that would inevitably bite some of the contenders. So those people that were nipping at the heels but safing shots picked up easy shots on some of the leaders.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Disc Golf Live » Wed Jan 11, 2012 7:12 am

Nice work as usual, JR. Your team is always doing great stuff. I was happy to put some of the Mukkula Open footage in pt 2 of my latest episode of Disc Golf Live video magazine. Part 1 is mostly action from Disc Girls Gone Wild, a ladies-only event dominated by Liz Lopez:

Part 1: http://youtu.be/R0zJAHNABww

Part 2: http://youtu.be/qfLy0ha-nQo

For those who have community access TV in town, check your station and see what it takes to submit a video for broadcast. I'll set you up with copies of DGL at no cost (or arrange free downloads, if desired). Take advantage of the resources your community offers to publicize DG and let the masses know why we all love this sport so much.

Joe
Joe Wander
Producer and Editor
Disc Golf Live video magazine
www.discgolflive.com
Bringing DG to TV, one community at a time
Disc Golf Live
Tree Magnet

Postby Dag » Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:23 pm

Any footage of this year's Dutch Open? Sounds like it was pretty brutal with all the water OB.
...there was a time when you were taught to find the best disc for you, not the best disc for your situation on the course, which is how they are sold now. IMO, the flight charts are basically there to point out all the stuff you dont have in your bag and why you suck.

Chase Roberts
Dag
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Discworld

Postby JR » Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:22 am

I wasn't there. This year will be slower indeed with the filming schedule. lcgm8 doesn't have enough time to edit as much yet. But there are some projects that he is working on. I might film the Tali Open if there is someone that will do the editing. I'm happy to film if someone does the heavy lifting of editing the videos so volunteers please contact me. Too bad that there aren't as many stars from around the world in attendance this year.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby MrScoopa » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:53 pm

Looks like someone else was there! It seems they have taken lessons from you guys!

Part 1 of 3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loXsQZUH ... YYoR7H-9k=

Part 2 of 3:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssz6PNw6Ges

Part 3of 3:
Not yet posted.
T-SWORD, C-ORC, C-FD, S-TL, C-Roadrunner, Z-Buzz, O-Fuse, M-ION
MrScoopa
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Valkyrie

Postby JR » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:40 pm

My namesake seems to be a quick editor. If only he had zooming in the camera and a steadier support for the camera to reduce the shaking the result would be great. It is good as it is but there's room for improvement. I don't know what he filmed with. But if it's a mobile phone the result is excellent. The lack of zoom made me suspect that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby JR » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:29 am

Here is the third part of the Dutch Open 2012 final by Janne Hirsimäki:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4YQAUyZ ... EwMhV7Q%3D

Regarding the comment about the chocolate egg Veli Berglund is a Finn but the residence decides so according to the PDGA he does represent Estonia.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby JR » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:39 am

Two camera angles trick shots from Norway:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5cynGt-cIc
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Steady 26542 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:48 pm

JR wrote:Here is the third part of the Dutch Open 2012 final by Janne Hirsimäki:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4YQAUyZ ... EwMhV7Q%3D

Regarding the comment about the chocolate egg Veli Berglund is a Finn but the residence decides so according to the PDGA he does represent Estonia.

It says the video was pulled. :cry:
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
Team Iron Lion
Steady 26542
2010 DGR Donator

Postby Dag » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:02 pm

Steady 26542 wrote:It says the video was pulled. :cry:

Not a great loss. The holes in the first of the three videos were interesting in a bastardly, dastardly kinda way with all that water. Hole 20 where everyone on the lead card goes OB on their tee shot was particularly evil. After that they just became kinda dopey with an over reliance on artificial obstacles.

Kinda puts West Lake into a different perspective.
...there was a time when you were taught to find the best disc for you, not the best disc for your situation on the course, which is how they are sold now. IMO, the flight charts are basically there to point out all the stuff you dont have in your bag and why you suck.

Chase Roberts
Dag
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Discworld

Postby Steady 26542 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:09 pm

West Lake is a mean course... Shot 95 there (par 89) recently with 3 in the lake that were unretrievable... :evil:
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
Team Iron Lion
Steady 26542
2010 DGR Donator

Postby JR » Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:33 am

Doh! I hope he didn't get hassle for music. Youtube is now a preying ground for all manner of shady firms and individuals claiming to own copyrights or distribution rights to music. That they don't own in many cases judging by how lcgm8 has been treated. And Youtube automatically sides with the claims. Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? Now it is guilty until proven innocent. I hear that tube is deep in the pocket of music industry these days. It sucks that the industry itself practices, to a degree at least, piracy. It is funny someone claims ownership of music composed, played, recorded and never released anywhere else by lcgm8 in the vids he has uploaded. And he needs to do a counter claim to not have his videos, possibly all of them, being pulled. I don't know how many attempts have been made to claim intellectual property of lcgm8 vids but i was involved in one case where i paid the band for the music and it is not released anywhere and the band has not made deals with anyone else and the song is previously unreleased. So it is a clear cut case if we were to prosecute. I have a stick up mine about that and might get so pissed off that i might start bombarding Youtube about their practices and sue the villains. Since Youtube is possibly an accessory in the eyes of Finnish law they may not like my actions either. This is a systematic problem so even a class action suite would be possible. GRR :twisted: I hope that Youtube sees the light and smells the coffee without wasting the time of everyone. Without the need to be sued. This is harmful to everyone involved becaus really Youtube ain't the real offender but might get trouble because of the actions of others. Disc golfers get hurt because Youtube is the best medium for video distribution and growing the sport. That is why i am super reluctant to bring more jackals to the fray. I could do without the hassle very easily. I mean paying for working to promote the sport gets old and either stopping making vids or moving to commercial releases only or trying to push the vids to TV are options. Except spreading the vids as for sale only hard copies is still probably on the red for non US events judging by previous sales. People like to by throwable discs -not viewable ones. Major TV channels in Finland buy material only from their established sources. What's up with that? Monopoly laziness?
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Postby Star Shark » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:21 pm

There was no music hassle. He screwed up some titles, pulled the vid and reuploaded it.

-- Star Shark
Star Shark
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Ghost, Patriot, SL

PreviousNext

Return to Video Critique