the bag

Post your Bag Critique Requests, Talk about your Bag set up etc...

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: the bag

Postby zj1002 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:21 pm

Well here is the bag this week. Messed around with the FD and C-AA but ended up using my QPLS and QJLS more in the end. Still got all 4 in the bag and actually might end up keeping the C-AA. it does things the QPLS and QJLS can't do, while the QJLS and C-AA can handle stuff the FD can.

P2 D-line x2 - 1 main putter, 1 driving
P2 KC pro - driving putter
Omega SS x2 - approach shots BH/FH

QMS x2
King Cobra
Q-Sentinel San Marino

QJLS x2 - 1 CE(turnover), 1 candy red(stable)
QPLS
C-AA - really fun disc. It can do anything which does have its faults because I try crazy stuff

QOLF x2 - 1 flip, 1 stable
CFR CPD
Q-Astra
S-DD
Destroyer Star - gets a nice gentle flip.
Quasar

S-DD and Destroyer will definitely be replaced by some future millennium models later this year
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby JR » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:00 pm

Wut? King Cobra has a decent glide. At lower power than that of zj Sent fades out early for me being shorter. It is interesting that the Sent is longer for you i would not have imagined that. Are you comparing the same flights against each other or Sent s-curve vs KC flat shot?
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby zj1002 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:22 am

Both JR

The san marino sentinels are amazing long when you get it up to speed. I can throw them as far as my fairway drivers in some situations. Definitely the "fastest" midrange I have ever thrown. I sometimes add a beat up q-sentinel to the bag if I am playing a midrange heavy course because of the distance I can get with them. The domey q-sentinels don't seem to be as long and are very much like a king cobra.
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby zj1002 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:31 am

and the bag as of yesterday. after messing around with other fairway drivers I am back to the norm. added some new run SJLS and QPLS

Omega AP 1.9 - main putter
P2 d-line x2 - 1 DGR stamp putts only, 1 stock throwing only
P2 kc pro - 1 stable driver
Omega SS 1.30 - approaches BH/FH

QMS x2
Q-Sentinel
King Cobra
SG MD1 - fun disc. really bought it because I like the plastic. stable like an old champ shark.

QJLS CE - beat domey. hyzer flips and long turnover
SJLS - new 1.2 run. domey and grippy. goal is to beat it up to replace my CE dependency
QPLS x2 - 1 CE, 1 new stock(backup)

QOLF x2
Q-Astra x2 - the new stock run is domey. I will probably drop my CFR for the stock run. Don't need 2 of these in the bag
Star Destroyer
CFR CPD
Quasar

added an omega ap back as one of my putters for more glide. I found myself missing a lot of 25-35 ft putts with the D-P2 that would barely dink off the top of cage. So I used the Omega AP on longer putts and straddle putts especially if my movement is restricted. The p2 comes out for anything inside 25ft and in windy situations since it doesn't bounce around as much in the air as the omega
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby JR » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:12 pm

zj1002 wrote:Both JR

The san marino sentinels are amazing long when you get it up to speed. I can throw them as far as my fairway drivers in some situations. Definitely the "fastest" midrange I have ever thrown. I sometimes add a beat up q-sentinel to the bag if I am playing a midrange heavy course because of the distance I can get with them. The domey q-sentinels don't seem to be as long and are very much like a king cobra.

I've only thrown domey Sents.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Steve » Thu May 31, 2012 7:44 am

any update?
Steve
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: OLF

Postby zj1002 » Thu May 31, 2012 6:05 pm

Sure I can post my current bag. mainly just a do-it-all bag for any course. I don't have tournies coming up so I don't need to focus my setup to any certain needs.

Putters
  • Omega AP driver/experimental run - putts outside 30ft or anything with a straddle/jump/funkiness. also used for 5ft putts where the KC P2 gets BOUNCY
  • KC P2 - main putter for 25-30ft and in. its the exact feel I want in a putter, the fucker is just yeti bouncy
  • Omega SS 1.30 - beat to shit. My go to approach disc inside 200ft. It can hold any line, I trust it more than any disc in my bag.
  • Omega AP 1.11 - x 2 - one flippy, one stable. mainly used for drives off the box or full power putter throws. More stable and more glide than the SS

Mids
  • QMS x2 - one stable, one turnover
  • Q-Sentinel - 161g Sanny. nice and flat. so fun to throw, not as touchy as the heavy weight ones. great for long flex lines.
  • C-MD2 - pink opaque run. stable/hyzer/wind mid duties
  • Gator * - Beadless, FH/roller/utility mid

Fairway & Utility Drivers
  • QJLS - stable eagle type
  • SJLS - x 2 - 1 straight, 1 turnover. both super grippy 1.1s
  • CFR CPD - Forehand hyzers

Distance Drivers
  • QOLS - rollers and turnovers
  • Q-OLF - x3 - 1 stable, 2 straight
  • Quasar - straight distance(its beat)
  • Destroyer * - distance lines. beat up to smash in tailwinds or long hyzer flip shots.

nothing all that new. The Q-Astra comes and goes based on the course. I will probably add it back in for a new course that is opening up next week in Austin. I could use it on a couple holes out there. really comfortable with every disc I have. That has probably been the biggest benefit to going with Millennium, is that I am not constantly trying different manufacturers. I stick with what I know and learn how to do everything with it. In the last 6 months I have learned to throw shots with a trashed Omega that I didn't know were possible. My strongest part of my game actually might be my approach game to the basket. My putting still is holding me back from being a 1000 rated golfer, so I put a lot of effort into giving myself the easiest putts possible. Pinning 200ft approaches with my omega is huge. Been averaging about 985 golf. When I get the mental part of tourney putting down(experience really) I will be in that 1000 rated range.
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby zj1002 » Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:30 am

putters and mids are all the same. changed up my drivers for a new course that opens today in Austin

QJLS
SJLS
CFR CPD
CPD - stiffy pearly, pretty much flies like a 7/10 CFR and its the non-plus mold goodness
QOLF x3 - 1 turnover, 1 straight, 1 stable
Quasar - turns
E* Destroyer - new 175. its the best destroyer I have felt in a long time. even dome, with the good top piece, and stiff considering it is E* which is usually soft
P-PD2 - 172g orange 7/10. My main distance driver right now after I lost my beat Star Destroyer. Pretty much the same thing
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby zj1002 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:19 am

KC P2 - 5ft-40ft range
D-line P2 - jump putts past 35-40ft, and 5ft putts
Omega SS 1.30 x2 - 1 fresh, 1 beat

CE QMS x2 - 1 new, 1 beat
SM Q-Sentinel x2 - 1 new, 1 beat

QJLS - stable
SJLS - beat
SFD - fits in between QJLS/SJLS

CPD x2 - 1 CFR, 1 Pearly non-plus
QOLF x2 - 1 straight, 1 stable
QOLS - 1 new, replaced my beater QOLF
E* Xcal - beat, just in case I need a 500ft shot. almost never use this disc

Keeping it fairly simple lately. The new 3rd run CPD go as far as a good Destroyer for me. I can put it 450-475 on a good flat rip if I really need to. It however doesn't have a lot of utility besides going straight for distance. The QOLFs give me the ability to shape a lot more lines. I have learned the uses for both and feel comfortable with this setup. The QOLS made it back in the bag because of how important it was at Roy G, the newest course in Austin. Gives me 425-450ft straight flat distance, and really crushes in a tailwind. The distance potential with the QOLS outweighed the workability of a trashed QOLF which can get touchy. The only reason I took the QOLS out of the bag was because I lose them all the time. I start throwing them so much, on every line that I end up losing it because I trust it on every type of line I can think of and that gets me in trouble. I think I have learned not to throw my favorite discs on 450ft sky annys over trees/brush.
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby kern9787 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:39 pm

zj1002 wrote:I think I have learned not to throw my favorite discs on 450ft sky annys over trees/brush.

True words of wisdom right there.
P2 - Fuse - ROCS!!! - QJLS - QPLS - QOLS - PD - Predator - Quasar
kern9787
Fairway Surgeon

Postby zj1002 » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:03 pm

And really I had to learn the hard way. Ask anyone that plays with me on a regular basis. If there is an opening for a giant sky anny/hyzer I almost always take it because I can, and not because its the best shot. :lol:
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby zj1002 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:19 pm

Omega driver
Omega ap 1.11
Omega ap 1.12
Omega SS BB -testing

QMS
S gremlin
Qsent

QJLS
S-FD

QOLF x2
QOLS
CPD x2 - 1cfr 1pearly.
S-TeeRex 1st run
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby disc junkie » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:30 pm

Eerily similar to my set up except for those crappy Mill putters ; )
When I'm not itchin for discin, I have the yearnin to get the plastic turnin
disc junkie
LL Buzzz J

Postby zj1002 » Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:43 am

at least I stopped using the bouncy ass KC P2
zj1002
metroid cannon

Postby Steve » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:50 am

Have you seen any of the new sirius sentinels yet?
Steve
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: OLF

PreviousNext

Return to Bag Critique / Discussion